"The times, they have a-changed"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Silverline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bright, hard-working coworkers. Remote work, good benefits, ability to give input (if it's a suggestion or something positive). They do listen to some feedback. They are really, really good at marketing. That team comes up with some really neat names.

Cons

"Programs" for programs' sake. Dozens of concurrent programs that seem to have no point except to give execs an excuse to have more meetings. Then updates on those meetings. Then nothing really changes. Boy do the programs have cool names though! Invisible favoritism. When you're remote, it's a lot harder to see this. Suddenly you'll realize others are appointed for training "programs" nobody even told you about. Empty talk about career growth for most people. See favoritism above. You can be a solid producer or even top performer, but if you're not in their list of favorites who get special attention, "career growth" ends up a quarterly obligation. Management is cliquey and often too busy, so they only pay attention to you if you screw up. Then your skip-level writes you berating messages suitable for a four-year-old who drew on the couch, not a grown adult who didn't follow a process they weren't trained on. Processes are constantly changing, btw. The core values are a solid framework for success. They are not executed on. Oh, and UNLIMITED PTO IS A TRAP. It sounds nice until you have to jockey with your teammates over who can take the post-Xmas week vacation, because you don't get paid out on PTO that isn't allocated! Typical nauseating "rah rah" about how awesome they are. I think they used to be. Or maybe Silverline has always been this way and I just didn't see it until my manager changed. Lots of turnover. I'm considering going back to my previous consulting firm -- they are much bigger, yet my managers and colleagues were respectful and made sure I knew I was valued.

March 22, 2019Silverline Response

First and foremost, we value our people and their feedback they give us. We have seen similar feedback recently that our executive team is reviewing and taking very seriously. We are working on many initiatives through our new People Team to make sure our programs are effective yet targeted - making sure employees have individual focus and overall, our employees all enjoy growth and career experiences through our work, programs and benefits. We encourage you to reach out to our HR team to talk through the experiences you mentioned so we can help address them directly.

1. "Phenomenal leadership and customer focused"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Silverline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership truly lives and promotes company values- "Celebrate each other", "Do the right thing even when it's hard", "Better together". Listens to employees and promotes work/life balance. Strong relationships with Salesforce and investment in the partner ecosystem. Colleagues are willing to help each other out and go the extra mile and lots of very smart, experienced individuals.

Cons

Growing fast and processes are changing to support larger engagements

June 1, 2020Silverline Response

We’re so glad to hear that you’re seeing and feeling our core values in action! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

"The Cookie Crumbled"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Silverline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truly the best people to work with. The amazing colleagues are the reason many people stay, despite a LOT of pains within the company.

Cons

Silverline used to be the best place to work, but it's fallen so far from what it used to be, that it barely resembles the company that won so many awards. Company values are just words now. They used to mean something, but now they are just a weapon for management (and yes, management is the correct term, leadership would be too generous) to use to say they're listening and focused on employees, when all but very recent actions have proven that isn't really happening. The People team should officially change it's name to HR, as they really aren't people focused at all, but rather on policy and rote-HR activities. Certain members of the team are a huge hindrance to cultural growth or regeneration - the opposite of what people on such a team should be. Management sits behind a closed door now. Yes, we have weekly office hours with the CEO, which is great, but many things feel like propaganda these days. There's definitely a lot more going on behind the scenes and yet they tout trust and transparency all the time. I'd call it a joke, but it's just too sad to be called one. The biggest issue is that people no longer feel like they can be honest or speak up when things aren't going well, for fear of retribution. That means a lot of issues sit and fester and management can have their heads in the sand thinking things are fine, since no one is saying anything.

July 6, 2020Silverline Response

Thank you for letting us know how you feel about your experience at Silverline. We hope you will come speak with any of our leaders, as the door is open and we are listening. We truly would like to understand why it doesn't feel this way for you. We have made changes over the last 18 months to support the next chapter of our growth as a company, and are already seeing the outcomes we had hoped for in creating more opportunities for our employees and their personal growth. Just this week we introduced another opportunity for our employees to provide direct feedback: a small round-table discussion with our CEO and President, the founders of our organization. We want to ensure that we hear from employees however they are comfortable providing feedback. Our CPO will also hold the same types of forums with team leaders to understand where and how to support them, especially given the challenges of the last few months. The more we engage and provide opportunities for direct discussion, the better we will understand what is going well and where we need to continue to improve.

Discover more reviews about Silverline.