Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sponge is a great place to work

May 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The induction process was so clear and thorough, I have a great supportive manager who I have regular catch ups with, and a 'buddy' to guide me. I've mentioned skills I would like to learn, and my manager has given me opportunities and guidance. The team is welcoming and I love the perks like flex-time and your birthday off. Overall a great place to work

Cons

Only con is I think the culture has been lost a little over covid, but that's understandable and I think it should come back as soon as we're back in the office. I think that's happened in every company, and Sponge is doing what it can to keep the culture there

Sponge Response

Talent Acquisition Lead

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to comment on here. We really pleased you found the induction process and onboarding so clear and thorough :) Re the culture through Covid - it's a difficult time for all right now, but with our Icebreaker bot on Teams/to connect us all just that little bit more, and our WellBeing squad to help us with events and well being challenges, we hope to keep on improving. It's comments like yours that help us really recognise where we need to improve and grow, so thank you.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Jun 23, 2021 - Internship in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful an getting you ready for corporate life

Cons

Long hours an no insurance

Continue reading
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A wonderful experience to date!

Jan 14, 2021 - Sales/Account Management in Plymouth, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Starting a new job during lockdown was an interesting experience (!) but Sponge have made it as painless as possible. I have been given all the tools needed for success and everyone is extremely helpful and welcoming. Although I have yet to set foot in the office I already feel part of the team and my work is frequently recognised. My manager is absolutely fantastic - we have very open communication and she has already added so much value to my existing sales/account management skillset. She gives me regular feedback and we have weekly touchpoints which are very helpful. Sponge is a company that is going from strength to strength and I am confident there will be room for me to progress quicker than in other organisations in the area.

Cons

I genuinely cannot think of many downsides to working for Sponge other than the benefits package could have more in the way of holiday entitlement.

Continue reading

Sponge Response

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for taking the time to comment - it's been a very different year for us all, but we're really pleased to hear it's been a smooth transition for you. You'll be pleased to hear too, that we have amended our annual leave package now, and also include a day off for your birthday :).

Discover more reviews about Sponge.