Target - Great company, great culture- needs to pay more, better benefits, and vacation. | Glassdoor.co.in
There are newer employer reviews for Target

"Great company, great culture- needs to pay more, better benefits, and vacation."

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Chicago, IL (US)
Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the ETL level and above, Target is excellent at development, creating a "team work" environment, and being a fun place to work.

Cons

Hours and lifestyle, very poor vacation policy, inflexibility to transfer regions or cross-pyramid. Whereas I would note their pay is very competitive in comparison to other retailers, they should pay more. They demand higher standards than Walmart, they should pay a lot more for their talent.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Team Member in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Team Member in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are very friendly, helpful, easy going. Feel like you are actually apart of the team. Want to help you get better. The people in charge do not belittle team members and do what they can to help.

Cons

Can sometimes be frustrating to see people who are not working hard or don't care get more hours than someone who does work hard.

Advice to Management

Don't have as many work place politics going on

"Decent"

Current Employee - Logistics Team Member
    Current Employee - Logistics Team Member

I have been working at Target part-time

Pros

The team is overall pretty good. The pay is decent for someone who is just starting out. The work is fairly easy.

Cons

The management is patronizing. The standards are always changing and hard to keep up with up. The hours are awful and not nearly as flexible as they should be.

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees like adults. Don't bribe us with candy and force us to write each other warm and fuzzy notes. Give us hours and raises.