Cover image for The Quad Preparatory School

Current Employee

Wonderful place to teach

14 Nov 2022 - Teacher, Elementary School
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quad is an amazing school to teach at if you are someone who enjoys being creative, flexible, and collaborative in your teaching style. It is definitely not for everyone, but I have never been happier than I have here, even through the tough times of Covid teaching.

Cons

Quad is making an effort to become more diverse, but it's still a work in progress. Staff culture and satisfaction took a hit during Covid, and are starting to build back up now that more resources and support are available, and stress levels are down some.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Wonderful place to teach

1 Oct 2022 - Learning Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bright, interesting students. Wonderful colleagues. Dedicated and empathetic administration. Contrary to what one respondent wrote, there is a fairly diverse population both among the students and the staff, and the school does its best to improve as much as possible in terms of DEI. Weekly meetings help teachers and administrators do their best to understand what's best for each student. The head of school is incredibly caring and thoughtful.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I feel valued, and I really like my colleagues.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great way to begin my career

6 Nov 2022 - Psychosocial Teacher Lower School in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great students, staff is supportive, classrooms are spacious Good benefits Was a great place for me to gain experience in the mental health counseling field for children

Cons

No room for professional growth Many of th staff members would complain about their daily responsibilities so made it difficult to be in that environment

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about The Quad Preparatory School.