"Family environment"

Former Intern - Business Development Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at The Risk Advisory Group for less than a year

Pros

DC office functions like a family, love the energy and perks

Cons

I honestly can’t think of any cons

October 23, 2020Head of HR

Many thanks for leaving a review of your time with the company, we wish you well in your future career.

Other Employee Reviews

1. COVID-19

"Great Company to Work at and Learn From"

Former Intern - Marketing and Business Development Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at The Risk Advisory Group for less than a year

Pros

This was the best internship I've experienced during my four years living and studying in DC. My supervisor was incredibly patient, professional, and made sure to explain to me why each task I was assigned would contribute to my personal and professional growth. I interned at Risk Advisory starting in January, and right from the start everyone in the DC office, as well as folks from our other office locations, were very warm and welcoming. I was able to work with the marketing and graphics teams, and support regional team projects. Apart from my daily business development roles, it was great to be exposed to the creative side of the company and aid in the execution of client deliverables. In general, everyone I worked with was eager to mentor me and include me despite my being a part-time intern. It goes to show how valued every single employee is, no matter their rank. Although I am moving on to a full-time position at another firm, I enjoyed my experience at Risk Advisory so much that I would definitely apply for open positions in the future.

Cons

With the current COVID-19 pandemic, it was tougher to get to know other coworkers. However, my supervisor and the teams I worked with were very adaptive in the midst of the pandemic and communication was never an issue.

July 30, 2020Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time at Risk Advisory. On behalf of the company, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and I wish you the very best of luck with your new role.

2. COVID-19

"Great office and great experience"

Former Employee - Junior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at The Risk Advisory Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Interesting work. I was exposed to a truly exciting variety of opportunities where I could use my writing and research skills and learn about different industries in the process. - Great team. Young and smart people always willing and committed to help you learn more about the work and give you meaningful constructive feedback. - Great opportunity for working on open-source intelligence skills which are valuable and transferable. - DC office is right in the middle of K street. So for those living far away, commuting options are plentiful in both the Maryland and Virginia transit systems including metro, mark train, as well as city and commuting bus. Also, the building has many amenities including a rooftop and a gym.

Cons

- Company headquarters are in London with offices spread out throughout the world. In the beginning, it is difficult to feel connected to different teams and colleagues in other offices. However, the online collaboration suite makes that a non-factor after a while since everyone is a video-call away and colleagues from different offices often visit. This proved to be an asset for operations during the recent pandemic. - not much else I could think of. This was a terrific entry-level position.

July 22, 2020Head of HR

Many thanks for leaving a review on your experience with the company, it is much appreciated. I wish you well with your future career.

Discover more reviews about The Risk Advisory Group.