"Fun place to work and grow for engineers"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Top Hat full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People in Top Hat are fun, smart and very friendly. The managers do care about the employees and actively help them grow in their career paths. - There are a lot of opportunities to learn latest tech, development processes and best practices across the engineering department. The engineering weeks happening a few times per year is especially fun to participate and helpful for sharping the tools. They also give new developers a lot of chances to lead new projects. - The exec team are mostly open and give clear communications to the rest of the company. - Good lunch and snack options.

Cons

- Team Orgs change a bit frequently in past years so it may be a bit hard to adapt sometimes. - There are times where employees are confused by the exec's or other departments' messages during communications. I appreciate colleagues's efforts to raise the questions and I hope the exec can always give clear answers on such occasions.

"Rare and exciting environment!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Top Hat full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Denver office (and company as a whole) provides a really amazing opportunity to learn and grow your own skill sets. What I like most about the Denver office is that we're a diamond in the rough amongst other startups in the area. While being thrown into a young 8-12 person company might be attractive, Top Hat provides something one step further. Our office provides the small team vibe and mentality that others can provide, but we top it off with structure and knowledge that others might not be able to provide yet! At any given time in any role, you will be faced with many different challenges. One of many things that stand out to me about Top Hat is our support for one another. We have AMAZING managers who have answers and solutions to not only help you in your role but to lay the groundwork to get you where you want to be in the long term regarding your career goals.

Cons

The atmosphere at a high paced and rapidly growing company can be a lot to handle at times. Lucky, we're not approaching hiring like others might be. We're not necessarily looking for a "startup veteran" who has been in the game while! Top Hat is a great place to grow. If you see a posting that speaks to your skillset but challenges you at the same time, this is the place for you!

Continue reading

"Aggressive Sales Envrionment"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Top Hat full-time

Pros

It's a fast paced position. Either you put up good numbers or you're out the door. Definitely a fun environment though.

Cons

Pretty low salary. High expectations.

Discover more reviews about Top Hat.