1. "Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Worldwide Travel Consultant

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time for less than a year

Pros

The support during the five weeks of training is fantastic. There is so much information to take in with systems etc but give it a few months once the emotional rollercoaster is over it's very enjoyable. I have a fantastic team led by a brilliant manager which has helped massively. The pay is good, progression can be quick and if you hit targets (which are realistic) then the commission is great. There is regular and constructive feedback and at the end of the day, you might be slightly frazzled but you've been able to speak about travel for a living which isn't a bad thing and the days go by quickly! Lunches are free - no prep the night before and teas and coffees are free throughout the day. I haven't been on a trip yet but will hopefully be going away in the next few months - there are great offers and discounts to take advantage once you're settled.

Cons

Work/Life balance is difficult. 1 weekend off every 3 or 4 and inbetween a random Tuesday and Thursday etc. The first few months in store are seriously tough - be strong, ride it out, it gets better and very enjoyable ! Current mens trousers are awful but I'm aware the new stuff should be out in May !

Trailfinders2019-04-01
  1. "1 year 11 months"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Travel Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Trailfinders full-time for more than a year

Pros

As others have mentioned there are great travel perks, the highest pay within the industry for front line sales staff coupled with rapid pay rises for top performers. That and the free lunches! There are those who will complain about the hours but this is a sales based job and Trailfinders are completely upfront as to what is expected of their staff. If you want 9-5 Monday to Friday you will struggle to be happy here. Personally, having come from the world of events found the hours to be shorter and kinder! I have been very impressive by how accommodating the company has been towards medical appointments, particularly its willingness to sort time off at short notice, something I have been very grateful for. Management has taken an active and positive interest in me and has continued to coach me to be a better sales person. This has led to better payouts and overall a nearly 30% increase in my sales figures. In other words, in my case at least, I feel that they have definitely helped me to earn more money.

Cons

Trailfinders definitely has an employee retention issue. Among a number of long term employees there is a feeling of not being valued which inevitably leads to an exodus of talent. This is also coupled with a lack career progression if you are not inclined to move/commute to London. The companies policy of hiring internal is a great strength and weakness to the firm. It needs to outsource areas such as marketing/advertising to a third party. A large pay cut was enacted for new hires at a number of branches. I can only think this was done to fund the expansionist policy for new stores. It does however stifle movement of people within the firm. Given Trailfinders is also enjoying a very healthy level of profitability it seems harsh to cut wages in areas where living costs are only ever rising. Attitude to maternity cover needs drastic improvement, a very common complaint by Trailfinders female sales staff is the companies inflexibility when it comes to returning to work after maternity leave. This must be improved

Continue reading
    Trailfinders2020-02-20

Trailfinders Response

February 26, 2020

Thanks for your post and constructive feedback.

"You get what you put in, but don't expect a career"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Trailfinders full-time

Pros

Good work environment with colleagues Free lunch Travelling opportunities

Cons

Hours/Work Days Lunch is the minimum time allowed hence the free lunch No major opportunity to advance

Trailfinders2017-05-18

Discover more reviews about Trailfinders.