- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★
Great Company To Work For19 Jan 2023 - Property Manager in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Salary -Benefits -Management Support -Work/Life Balance
-Customers can be stressful at times
Thank you for your review. Your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions play a major role in helping us identify opportunities to improve and continue providing the best benefits and work-life balance to our associates. Thank you for your feedback, and we would love to connect with you further if you’re open to it: HR@udr.com.
Other Employee Reviews
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Virtual Resident Service Manager28 Mar 2023 - Resident Manager in Costa Mesa, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
No physical contact with residents (love it!!) everyone is very helpful so that I can learn quickly and succeed in my job. Discounts on rent if you rent from one of their properties
Can be boring sitting in an office all day but it doesn’t bother me much. That’s the worst part about the job but again it’s not bad at all. Guess it depends on the person.
Thank you for leaving a review! If you are open to discussing your experience further, please email us at HR@udr.com We greatly appreciate the opportunity to reflect and improve.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Zero Advancement2 May 2023 - Leasing Consultant in Boston, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Very easy day to day work - Regular 9 - 5 hours - Opportunity to build relationships - Benefits are good
- No room for forward momentum to propel you into a different role - Tuition reimbursement policy is misleading, and they will do whatever they can not to cover your costs - Removal of commission structure, so no matter how many units you lease, you will not be credited any additional compensation from that lease. This is the worst part about leasing units for this company because the extra money from commissions goes a long way, especially in a expensive city like Boston.Continue reading
We are sincerely sorry you have been unhappy with your experience with us. We are constantly looking to improve. Are you able to share additional information on why you would not recommend UDR as an employer and why you do not approve of the CEO? Please feel free to respond here or reach out to us at HR@udr.com Thank you!