Uber - Great company | Glassdoor.co.in
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Paralegal

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is great, people are great, it's just a overall great place to be. Management wants you to succeed and the company provides a lot of resources for your career development. The work environment is very positive and everyone is extremely supportive.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about, except maybe seeing a variety in the free lunches! I enjoy coming into work and happy to be here.

Uber2019-06-25
  1. "Has a lot to offer"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a good place to work if you like the feel of a startup but want the benefits of a big company. A few specific things you get from this job: -- ability to work with a lot of data and hone data skills (i.e. excel analysis and SQL, among others) -- ability to carve your own career path (it's normal for people to move teams and/or offices if you want) -- ability to make a difference (a change you make could result...

Cons

A big portion of the comp package is equity, so depending on how you view that it could be seen as a negative.

Uber2019-06-25

"Great company culture, incredibly fast paced environment"

Current Employee - Strategy & Planning in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) Great company culture - people want to do the right thing 2) Super smart people - haven't yet someone I wasn't impressed by 3) Lots of growth opportunities - the business is growing, so you will too! 4) Interesting problems to solve - no one else is doing this work (or very few are)

Cons

1) Compensation is WAY below market - you are here because you love working here, surely not for the money 2) Start-up hangover - people who have been here for a while have risen to the top; they might not have the right skills or experience 3) Need to figure out HR basics (goal setting, performance assessment, etc.)

Advice to Management

Bring compensation up to par with market!

Uber2019-06-18

Discover more reviews about Uber.