Uber - Best Onboarding Experience In My Career | Glassdoor.co.in
  1. "Best Onboarding Experience In My Career"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. HR Hiring and Interview Processes are very streamlined 2. Interviews have clear expectations set, i.e. if its for coding or Problem Solving etc. so candidate can focus more on whats being evaluated. 3. Awesome Managers who make sure you get enough exposure and opportunities at the same time take care that you are not stressed with late night meeting/onCall etc. 4. Great Documentation, that helps engineers get bootstrapped...

Cons

1. Even though the work is good, ownership of core components lacks , but i think thats changing slowly with addition of new charters at the site

Advice to Management

Nothing Really, keep up the good work, I would really like to see some core contributions being made from Bengaluru site

Uber2019-05-05
  1. "Great company culture, incredibly fast paced environment"

Current Employee - Strategy & Planning in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) Great company culture - people want to do the right thing 2) Super smart people - haven't yet someone I wasn't impressed by 3) Lots of growth opportunities - the business is growing, so you will too! 4) Interesting problems to solve - no one else is doing this work (or very few are)

Cons

1) Compensation is WAY below market - you are here because you love working here, surely not for the money 2) Start-up hangover - people who have been here for a while have risen to the top; they might not have the right skills or experience 3) Need to figure out HR basics (goal setting, performance assessment, etc.)

Advice to Management

Bring compensation up to par with market!

Uber2019-06-18
  2. "Amazing Organization to work with"

I worked at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team work, work culture and interesting Problems to solve

Cons

None! Cannot think of any! It was perfect

Uber2019-06-16

Discover more reviews about Uber.