Ultimate Software - SDM | Glassdoor.co.in
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"SDM"

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Amazing company. It's the only payroll / HCM organization that truly cares about the customer - and while it's not easy - the organization has maintained an amazing culture all in an effort to provide the best support to the customer. I love that.

Cons

I honestly have no cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing- make the main thing the main thing!

Ultimate Software Response

18 Dec 2018 – Talent Operations Specialist

Thank you so much for giving us this thoughtful review!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Everything about Ultimate Software is amazing, the culture the pay, and being a native to south florida it was easy to navigate to and from the office.

Cons

I dont really have any cons, I decided to leave by choice as I have received a better offer when it came to contract negotiations

"I am so glad I left Ultimate and started working again for a Silicon valley company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't see any pros in working here except for free snacks in Toronto office.
    I am so glad I quit and started working again for a bay area company.
    I can count on my fingertips few employees in Toronto who are technically solid, but they have assumed role of architects now and so are no more directly involved in collaboration with teams.

Cons

Where should I start:
    -They talk about culture , work for ANY bay area company and you will get culture better than what they talk about in their company.
    -Salary is not competitive ; quite a few employees in this company are being underpaid and they are aware of it as brought up by them during candid chats at lunch time.
    -50 RSU (approx 14000 which is subject to taxes and 3 yrs vesting) on joining. Are you kidding me ? Silicon valley companies offering average $75K as RSU when people join .
    -No bonus for employees. Which company in the valley or Canada does not offer a bonus ; since you shimmer your fortune best place to work tag : why don't you try to compete with them when it comes to compensation. No one gives a damn about the Disney trip , which by the way is once every two years now instead of every year.Agreed cost of living in Toronto s lower than bay area; but you underpay even by Toronto standards.
    -The talent in this place is no way close to the talent pool of Silicon valley companies.I have worked at many places (including top silicon valley companies) and I can say with confidence the quality of people in Toronto does not even come close to the people working in the San Fran region/companies which are based in the valley.
    -The managers in Toronto office don't know how to manage ; they are either Micro Managers or totally disconnected from the team : all they care about is showing stellar JIRA metrics of their team in hunger for promotions; some mangers have been parachuted in because of a close XYZ of some LMN higher up in the company.
    -Many employees in the Toronto office have been hired from the backdoor. People involved actively in the technical recruitment of people for Toronto , office used to talk about managers messaging them just prior to technical interview asking to clear the candidate even if he is not technically astute. That explains why this place suffers from serious tech deficit when it comes to talent pool.
    -Managers shield employees who are underperforming although repeatedly being brought to their attention ; because some managers like sycophants in their teams.
    -The attrition rate in Toronto office is quite high ; in the last 2 months more than 4 employees from a Toronto team which was just 10 folks in size just accepted other opportunities and quit Ultimate Software. Writing on the wall which manager fails to see ; this manager should look into switching his career line (should be read with sarcasm).
    -Managers like to take personal favours from their subordinates. I have experienced this first hand.

Advice to Management

Your perception survey is not true indicator of employee satisfaction. You need to be smart to read people and understand where the true talent in the company is. People who talk of ULTI family at work ; but do not do IOTA of work are not going to drive your business.
     Free Monday pizza does not do the tricks for you.
    Get your act together ; or you will soon be a weakling in the HCM space.

Discover more reviews about Ultimate Software.