"Colleagues are really friendly...but that’s it"

2.0
     in Northenden, England

I worked at Verastar for more than a year

Pros

The majority of the people there are really nice and you will make really good friends during your time there. Social events are really good as well.

Cons

All the issues with this place stem from the fact that their attitude towards their frontline employees absolutely stinks. You get treated like a school kid and get micro-managed to the nth degree. Some of the managers have a ‘do as I say, not say as I do’ attitude where they’ll be on your case over the stupidest things but at the same time, they’ll get away with pretty much anything themselves. Staff are put through too much stress for the very little they get paid and annoyingly, a lot of that stress would be easily avoided if they didn’t make life so difficult for everyone. You have very little communicated to you and a lot of the time, you are guessing how to do your job and they only let you know if you do something wrong. If you dare to question anything, you’ll either get immediately shut down or just straight up ignored. This is why they have such a high staff turnover, because they would rather see decent members of staff leave than listen to them and admit to any faults.

Continue reading

Verastar Response

Human Resources Manager

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed working with your colleagues. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience, as we endeavour to ensure all our employees have a positive experience when working at Verastar. We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future.

1. "Top tier employer"

4.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sale, England

I worked at Verastar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic people / culture, strong strategic minds leading the organisation, influential senior leadership, flexible working with minimal core hours, reasonable expectations, good development, strong focus on continuous improvement, great graduate scheme that can catapult you to leadership

Cons

Heavily Sales orientated, low remuneration compared with market standard, has been impacted by COVID

Continue reading
  2. "Average"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Sale, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Verastar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People mainly, then progression, training, gym

Cons

Longer than normal hours, not massively flexible,

Discover more reviews about Verastar.