There are newer employer reviews for Vistage Worldwide

"The most meaningful chapter in my Book called Life."

Current Employee - Group Chairman in Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - Group Chairman in Austin, TX (US)

Pros

The Vistage culture focuses on personal growth and discovery which is very important to me. I am mentoring the both young and old business leaders which demands more of me as I assist the cross-section of America's small to mid size business leaders.

Cons

The mission statement requires (at least to me) that I am responsible for creating a safe, honest and rich meeting enviroment month after month and year after year. Having 14 to 18 business owners, presidents and CEOs in the moment both in body and mind takes a lot of effort on my part. One-to-one coaching sessions are very meaningful to the members because they see me as their accountability coach.

Advice to Management

1. Keep focousing on enriching the experience for our members and 2. Look for the tipping point that will explode our brand as a leading indicator for business success.

Other Employee Reviews for Vistage Worldwide

"Mission is amazing; corporate management is marginal"

Current Employee - Chair
    Current Employee - Chair

Pros

A place to learn, grow and work, with others who value these core values. The core values are so well estgablished that they drive success.

Cons

Senior managers are hire guns, and since they don't do "the work" the core value are simply words to them.

Advice to Management

Learn from those that do the work. Let the field drive growth. Don't try to disintermediate the Chairs or they will disintermediate you.

"Too many chiefs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Pros

Exposure to best practices in business through speakers and chairs; a sense of mission among employees. It's a people-driven business.

Cons

Massively dysfunctional place. Chief officers in every department, competing for scarce resources and to protect their fiefdoms. Hierarchical top-down model that was cutting edge in 1957.

Advice to Management

Do something truly innovative. Trust your people.