There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Values employees, customers, and investors.

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in the Internet Services Group of Wells Fargo and it was a terrific place to work. The hours were reasonable, good benefits, and an enjoyable group of employees. Good budget for software tools so you usually get what you need to get your work done. Mostly, I really appreciated that Wells Fargo truly seems to want to provide value to employees, customers, and the community as much as they do for investors.

Cons

It's a huge behemoth so things can happen very slowly which can get, perhaps, a bit boring sometimes. They are eliminating the San Francisco offices and I sense a degradation in work environment since I left.

Advice to Management

Don't leave San Francisco! It's worth the extra rental cost for the quality of the technical people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great managers and projects, but the time investment is unrealistic.

Current Employee - Application Developer in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Application Developer in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great managers that allow you to have some freedom during your work day. Taking PTO is a simple and painless process. Salary is competitive and worth the long hours if needed.

Cons

I have been working on a project for another team the past month with unrealistic deadlines and a lot of overtime. I've worked weekends and barely get to see my family. This is just a short term thing, but it can cause a huge amount of stress and give you the feeling of not wanting to go to work in the morning.

Advice to Management

I understand deadlines are an important aspect of the business, although when we are given a deadline of 1 month to complete something, don't change the deadline to 1-2 weeks 2 days later.

2. Young Professional given alot of opportunity at this company

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent expierence and resume builder for early college grad , ton of room to move up I started as a teller august 2011 moved to customer service and sales then personal banker and now and a licensed personal banker 2 , very driven company that pushes employees to achieve the highest results

Cons

sales pressure , numbers to reach gold incentives are sometimes outrageous, micro-management depending on branch , bankers held to same sales goals at slow light traffic branches as ones that get tons of walk in business

Advice to Management

focus more on sales quality as opposed to sales quantity and reaching ridiculous sales numbers. You are simply wasting money by people opening accounts that dont get funded or ever used just to pad sales numbers.