1. "LOVE where I work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Trowbridge, England

I have been working at Wiltshire Council full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits Career progression Learning and development opportunities Internal engagement is a key focus Supportive management

Cons

Parking can sometimes be tricky

Other Employee Reviews

1. COVID-19

"Avoid Wiltshire Council"

1.0
    Current Employee - Just An Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Wiltshire Council full-time

Pros

Difficult to think of any outside the obvious

Cons

The outward portrayal of a unified organisation is far from the internal truth. Yes COVID has introduced many challenges, however if you are expecting to join a team that wants you to contribute and challenge in a positive way to better the residents of Wiltshire, avoid Wiltshire Council. The culture here is one of "do as I say or else!" and although the new CEO says "we welcome challenge", (there is a thin vaneer of engagement, enough to satisfy senior managers and coucil representative) however the reality is, if you do, there is a high likelihood your life will be made uncomfortable, those that do question are no doubt seen to be the 'difficult ones'. The 'Fear Factor' is relished within their HR department and no doubt discussed and promoted behind the closed doors of senior management meetings. Be warned, all is not what it might seem.

Continue reading
  2. "Good organisation"

Former Employee - Corporate

I worked at Wiltshire Council full-time

Pros

Flexi-time, lots of departments to obtain experience in, people diversity

Cons

Lacked structure and leadership in the department I was in, therefore chances for progression was low

Discover more reviews about Wiltshire Council.