Yahoo - Enoyable. | Glassdoor.co.in

"Enoyable."

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

Nice people, fun company to work for, you can make what you want of your career their if you put the effort in up o a point.

Cons

Too much proprietary stuff sometimes limiting the ability to improve portable skills sets

Advice to Management

Cut down on the excessive red tape, make internal web sites consistent

Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo

1. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Pros

Leading technology, you can work on top of many standard tools. Like to work in a big company with flexible working hours. Also, the pay is still not bad compared to previous companies I worked for.

Cons

Bad management, relatively low morale. You got to motivate yourself, and learn how to work under layoff situation. Need to grow their business.

Advice to Management

No advices.

2. "Really high Highs.....really low Lows"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a pretty open environment to work in. I'm sure it heavily depends on the manager and team you work for, but from the few roles that I have held here, I'm free to work where I need to and with the flexibility where I don't feel sufficated. The perks are pretty nice, the expresso bars are a nice touch, but the transportation benefits are awesome! When things are good, this is an awesome place to work for

Cons

When things are bad, it's like walking around a funeral. It sucks being such a public company that is always under scrutiny by everyone waiting to break a news story. Aside from the some times bad press, there are some management issue. There seems to be a lack of leadership, which trickles down the ranks. Constant reorgs and project reassignments can get frustrating and demoralizing after awhile.

Advice to Management

Figure out what the hell you need to do. Get comprehensive input, make a decision. There are a lot of cases of incapable or inappropriate people in the wrong roles.