Zillow - Best startup in Seattle but it remains to be seen whether this bet will pay off. | Glassdoor.co.in

"Best startup in Seattle but it remains to be seen whether this bet will pay off."

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow

Pros

Smart people - Zillow is a the place to experience awesome marketing and media product innovation. Transparency and trust - Zillow leadership communicates the details of the business' performance to all employees regularly. Ethics & ideals - despite being extremely ambitious A-type entrepreneurs, it's a rare honor to work with a team that really tries to do the right thing and who are leaving the RE industry better...

Cons

Thin option allocations in a small co. with a declining book value. Top heavy org is unnecessarily political for a small company.

Advice to Management

Wear sunscreen.

Zillow2009-01-27
  1. "Smart and caring leadership"

Former Employee - Senior Client Engagement Specialist

I worked at Zillow full-time

Pros

Great benefits and culture.

Cons

Growing really fast and changing rapidly.

Zillow2019-07-22
  2. "Challenging, but very rewarding."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zillow

Pros

Benefits are solid. A ton of opportunity to own your career development. Fast-moving, so there’s always a new challenge or opportunity to take on. Leadership is very transparent about decision making and planning. Everybody that you work with is super friendly and very mission-driven.

Cons

Has gone through a few re-orgs and some shuffling, but I hope that once the dust settles, then everything will get back to normal. ZG is experience an interesting shift in product development and direction, so sometimes it feels like I’m a bit late to find out about an update, but that’s just the business of a fast moving tech company. I wish there was a cash bonus structure.

Advice to Management

Transparency is huge, so please continue that! I would also recommend continuing to invest in training and L&D in order to train and retain the awesome talent at the company.

Zillow2019-07-19

Discover more reviews about Zillow.