"Churn and burn tactic"

2.0
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kitchen snacks and peoples reactions when you tell them you work for Zillow.

Cons

No job security. High turnover. If you miss your quota for 3 months you are fired no questions asked. Quota is $8,000 per month which is extremely difficult since majority of real estate agents have already been burned by the product you’re trying to sell. It’s an extremely difficult and expensive sale to make and very hard quota to hit. Managers play favorites and will give leads to sales executives they are close with. You are very replaceable. You think it’s going to be such a great experience when you get hired thinking you are working for one of the coolest companies out there until you realize you’re just another replaceable telemarketer. Almost every sales executive I spoke to was looking for a new job realizing they will get fired soon like the rest of them. Only about 1% of sales executives last for multiple years.

Zillow Response

March 28, 2019Senior Director of Sales

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Sales Executive role can be a challenging role and success within the role is performance-based. Much like any performance-based role, the Sales Executive position carries a quota designed to drive a compelling financial opportunity, allows us to evaluate our individual performances and aligns with our company goals. The continuous training, coaching, and support given by our leadership and training team are meant to support our sales professionals to maximize their professional opportunity. With “Do the Right Thing” being one of our core values at Zillow Group I am concerned about your comment around lead distribution and would welcome further conversation. Please email me at brandoni@zillowgroup.com or schedule a 1:1 if you have any more context around this or any additional feedback. You can also feel free to stop by my desk and pull me aside as well. Thanks again. Brandon Inouye Senior Director, Premier Agent Sales

1. COVID-19

"I Wish I Worked Here Sooner"

5.0

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zillow is by far the best company I have ever worked for. Our technology and products are amazing, but the culture is what sets ZG apart. I've never seen an organization use their Core Values every single day. Zillow really cares about their employees which is shown through compensation/benefits, career development tools and conversations, DTO, etc.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Zillow Response

July 29, 2020VP, Recruiting

We wish you worked here sooner too! Keep it up, spread the good word, and refer your friends.

2. COVID-19

"Zillow 2.0 = big opportunities to lead big transformation"

4.0
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Limitless potential for those who are comfortable seizing opportunities. If you like to lean in rather than wait to be told what to do you'll love it here. -COVID response has been nothing short of phenomenal because our leaders know how to run a business while balancing people, profit and purpose. -Leaders are willing to change their minds, be wrong and stay open to new possibilities. Remote work is one example. Now that it's in our future indefinitely there's an excitement in the air about defining the new rules of work for ourselves and other companies who look to us for these trends. -Industry leader, household name, big growth trajectory means we will need future talent to bring enterprise operations experience, rigor and discipline.

Cons

-Complicated industries to learn as an outsider. -The amount of opportunities can feel overwhelming so it requires a lot of focus and prioritization. -Our culture is undergoing big transformation as offices take on a new role and most day to day connections will be virtual in the future. -There's a we/they disconnect between leadership and employees vs other places. As we grow, transform and share our successes I hope it will start to feel like "our company" whereby everyone is expected to act like leaders and lean in to change things rather than wait for someone with a bigger title to fix it.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Zillow.