Zillow - Building something great, and having a great time doing it | Glassdoor.co.in

"Building something great, and having a great time doing it"

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Inspiring leadership. Amazing colleagues. All kinds of opportunities. Great benefits, from pay and insurance to free soda, meals, and more. You will feel valued.

Cons

Startup ways of getting things done don't always scale. Opportunity now is to build process without becoming a prisoner to it.

Zillow2015-01-23
  1. "Challenging, but very rewarding."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zillow

Pros

Benefits are solid. A ton of opportunity to own your career development. Fast-moving, so there’s always a new challenge or opportunity to take on. Leadership is very transparent about decision making and planning. Everybody that you work with is super friendly and very mission-driven.

Cons

Has gone through a few re-orgs and some shuffling, but I hope that once the dust settles, then everything will get back to normal. ZG is experience an interesting shift in product development and direction, so sometimes it feels like I’m a bit late to find out about an update, but that’s just the business of a fast moving tech company. I wish there was a cash bonus structure.

Advice to Management

Transparency is huge, so please continue that! I would also recommend continuing to invest in training and L&D in order to train and retain the awesome talent at the company.

Zillow2019-07-19

"Great place to work, improvements needed on comp side of things"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Centennial, CO

I worked at Zillow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Benefits and perks were second to none - Travel regularly - ZG Week

Cons

-The majority of teammates did not understand how comp worked or how much $ they were going to make in a given quarter. In the time I worked there, the comp structure changed once per quarter - Little career growth opportunity - Unrealistic quotas set by individuals with very little to no experience setting a quota or participating in an IC sales role

Advice to Management

Hire an outside consulting company with experience in Sales enablement /quota planning

Zillow2019-07-15

Zillow Response

July 16, 2019Senior Director, Premier Agent Sales

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It’s great to read you had a very positive experience and appreciated your benefits and travel. Regarding career growth opportunity, we now have in place a new performance management tool, which involves a dialogue between the ...

Discover more reviews about Zillow.