"Best tech company in Seattle, hands down"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is fantastic leadership from the founders and the C-level executives. I have faith they are making the right decisions. It is great that our company is still controlled by the founders even though we are public. We never ever do anything just to make the quarter. We are doing really cool stuff to transform a fascinating industry, and there is a ton of runway ahead of us. We have lots of resources to support great ideas. Our culture is extremely strong and well defined. People really get our values, and we try hard to live them. The people here are very smart, very capable, very hardworking, and very nice. We have access to the data we need to make decisions properly. We have JUST enough process to support our growth, and no more. Benefits are finally getting to be competitive. Good IT hardware and software. Standing desks and Aeron chairs. Lovely downtown office and frequent free food.

Cons

Pay outside of the tech team is not competitive, and even tech has trouble competing. Resource allocation across the company is imperfect for new and for existing headcount. Sometimes we think that communicating a lot is the same as being transparent. It can be hard to get stuff done if you aren't located in Seattle.

Zillow Response

September 23, 2015

Thank you for the detailed feedback and review! We really appreciate the transparency and specifics. I'm thrilled you are overall happy here, but I will look into addressing some of your concerns. - Amy (COO)

1. COVID-19

"I Wish I Worked Here Sooner"

5.0

I have been working at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zillow is by far the best company I have ever worked for. Our technology and products are amazing, but the culture is what sets ZG apart. I've never seen an organization use their Core Values every single day. Zillow really cares about their employees which is shown through compensation/benefits, career development tools and conversations, DTO, etc.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Zillow Response

July 29, 2020VP, Recruiting

We wish you worked here sooner too! Keep it up, spread the good word, and refer your friends.

2. COVID-19

"Zillow 2.0 = big opportunities to lead big transformation"

4.0
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Limitless potential for those who are comfortable seizing opportunities. If you like to lean in rather than wait to be told what to do you'll love it here. -COVID response has been nothing short of phenomenal because our leaders know how to run a business while balancing people, profit and purpose. -Leaders are willing to change their minds, be wrong and stay open to new possibilities. Remote work is one example. Now that it's in our future indefinitely there's an excitement in the air about defining the new rules of work for ourselves and other companies who look to us for these trends. -Industry leader, household name, big growth trajectory means we will need future talent to bring enterprise operations experience, rigor and discipline.

Cons

-Complicated industries to learn as an outsider. -The amount of opportunities can feel overwhelming so it requires a lot of focus and prioritization. -Our culture is undergoing big transformation as offices take on a new role and most day to day connections will be virtual in the future. -There's a we/they disconnect between leadership and employees vs other places. As we grow, transform and share our successes I hope it will start to feel like "our company" whereby everyone is expected to act like leaders and lean in to change things rather than wait for someone with a bigger title to fix it.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Zillow.