"Very poor company, bad management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Associate Recruiter in Pune
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at iPlace full-time

Pros

None, except for the benefits

Cons

all of it. Management, leaves, pay hikes, internal politics

iPlace Response

Human Resources Lead

During the pandemic, iPlace has continued to make business decisions guided by our core values – which include treating our employees as partners in the business while being a performance-based company. Although we have an excess of recruiters, iPlace has had no layoffs or pay cuts during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have also continued to give pay raises and promotions through our LaunchPad company operating system based on gamification. As a performance-based company, before the pandemic employees who did not produce were given extra support and training. If they still did not produce, they were let go. During the pandemic we did not let anyone go for four months regardless of their performance. We realized that the pandemic presents difficulties both at work and home and we tried to be extra understanding. However, if we keep non-performers and pay them month over month for producing nothing or very little, we eventually put the entire company at risk. It would not be fair to top performers to put their jobs at risk or cut their pay because other employees are free loading. After we moved to remote work, we had some employees who had zero or very few sendouts, not for one month, but for three or four months. These employees were warned about their performance several times, and still their performance did not improve. Finally, non-performing employees were given two choices: (1) resign immediately and receive one month’s severance pay or (2) to be put on notice and if performance improves in next 30 days they will not be let go. The employees who were put on notice were identified based on performance only. About a third of the people put on notice improved and they kept their jobs. Those who were let go were also provided with an additional healthcare benefit to cover medical expenses if they develop COVID-19 even though they would no longer be with iPlace. Going the extra mile for employees during the pandemic, yet holding them accountable, is the right way to run the company and is consistent with our core value of being a performance-based company.

1. "Fantastic Team"

5.0
    Current Contractor - Project Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at iPlace for less than a year

Pros

Energetic Team that really focuses on the needs of their clients. Great understanding of industry trends and needs.

Cons

If you are not ready to move quickly, their pace at doing things will take you by surprise.

Continue reading
  2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Senior Sourcer in McLean, VA

I have been working at iPlace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary on time, Sometimes before the date on special occasions like X-Mas and Thanksgiving. Incentive structure is good. Massage room is a big plus.

Cons

food in Cafeteria is bad. Its improving with new vendor.

Continue reading

iPlace Response

Chief Strategy Officer

Thank you for your great feedback. The cafeteria vendor has always been an issue. If you learn of a vendor willing to work under our conditions, by all means let us know!

Discover more reviews about iPlace.