Endurance International Group Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Jeffrey Fox
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Add better work-life balance, even for people working shifts" (in 8 reviews)

• "Lot of changes at the upper management and no clear vision" (in 12 reviews)

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training is excellent for newbies

Cons

The politics there are pathetic and the insurance is tolerable

Advice to Management

Quit having favorites, this isn't highschool like you like to think it is.

"Sinking ship"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orem, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orem, UT (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was decent pay, but that went away too.

Cons

Bad management, cheap products, massive layoffs, poor stock performance, will not be around long term.

"Terrible Terrible Place, beware!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros to Endurance whatsoever. There were pros however to Bluehost, one of the companies that they completely screwed over.

Cons

They lie, they bully, and they most certainly do not have the employees best interest in mind. All they think about is the stock holders.

Advice to Management

Dont lie to employees. Don't bully your companies when they are not doing exactly what you want them to do. How about you try and be real managers, and teach and help. Not lay off hundreds of employees to avoid an issue. You guys are absolutely pathetic. I will continue to write terrible reviews on all of your sites. Hoping to help people stay far away from this corrupt company.

"Way Over-reactive and Spooky"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building, with lots of room.

Cons

This place is spooky weird. Its almost empty and moving in that direction more so. I cant say anything positive unless this was two years ago and then , it would be below to just average. The Products are very old technology, used on old office software. Its pretty much 'make due' with what you have, and hope you don't get put on the chopping block. Entire departments have been removed and not replaced. All the talent in coders,mgmt, and agents have left or (mostly so) been replaced by bodies who are the front line - get ready to be quick with excuses for the company! What's really left here is some older people, some quick replacements and everyone seems to want to axe everyone on every upper management whim. Also I personally feel we might have some "Weird Things" going on at this company.

Advice to Management

Take what's left over and reboot. Also please don't come into the company and Brag that you pay everyone a "Living Wage" (13.00/15.00 hour) is not something you should be bragging about when we are far far beyond plug and play,script readers - We are highly technical (niche) agents. You saying you are doing us this BIG favor because we don't work at Mcdonalds ... No kidding thanks for reminding us guy!

"WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!!! STAY AWAY!!!!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT (US)

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is ok... A few free perks like soda machines...

Cons

If you want to work for a company that doesn't care about you at all, work for these idiots. They don't care about anyone but the "Executives" and stock holders. Its all about titles at this company too. But the other brands they own don't matter at all. Make very poor and uneducated decisions that effect thousands of employees and they could care less. Run. and don't look back.

Advice to Management

Quit thinking about yourselves and think about your employees. Don't cut pay because you are too dumb to make smarter business decisions.

"Tempe Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

Pros

Best team on the planet! We are more like a family than coworkers and we push each other to excel. Love coming to work because every day is a new challenge and the people here actually care about each other (unlike some other places I've worked where it's more corporate).

Cons

The commission plan is great but we should consider a slight increase in hourly for the Sales team. I think that would bring us closer to market although our comp plan is definitely more generous that my former company.

Advice to Management

Keep building bridges between departments. We're a better team now that we sit with Support and work with them to help customers. Not to mention they pass us great quality leads and our customers are super happy when we're working together to take care of them. Definitely one of the best things you guys have done since coming to AZ!

"Low commissions, a bit sleazy"

Former Employee - Outbound and Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Outbound and Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office in Tempe has modern design, so the break rooms look like something you'd see at Google's HQ, complete with hipster furniture.

Unlimited free soda... but this is almost a con if you don't want to gain 20 pounds.

Lots of free food... again, sort of a negative if you don't want to gain weight.

Cons

Back in 2013, this was the sort of place where someone with above-average intelligence and a little work ethic could realistically expect to make $70,000 per year. Now, that type of person might make about $45,000. Why?

Because management lowered commissions in 2014. They lowered commissions on the only products that customers actually needed to buy: domains and hosting.

The sign up process for customers was cumbersome and unreliable. The control panel had a poor user interface. Doing something as simple as buying one domain name could be a big headache.

The internal software system that sales reps use is byzantine. It is an ugly, complicated mess. Think MySpace or GeoCities. Drop-downs, long menus, irrelevant links, and extra steps galore. It took me 15 minutes to do something that took 5 minutes when I worked at GoDaddy. And if the customer changes their mind or wants to use a different credit card at the last minute, you have to go back and start it all over. Really one of the worst user interfaces I have ever seen.

The worst part is that neither the customer-facing homepages nor the internal software were ever updated, not one iota save a meaningless cosmetic change to Startlogic.com. When I was at GoDaddy, things were updated about twice a year. Management at Endurance seemed to have no desire to invest the capital necessary to upgrade the software and the customer sites.

In the long run, I'm not sure how Endurance can compete against the likes of Squarespace, GoDaddy, Wix, Weebly, and Hover, all of whom offer better products at reasonable prices.

Advice to Management

Phase out the SEO product. In the long run, most customers are probably going to cancel this anyway. Upgrade the internal software that employees use.

"Endurance International is a wonderful company to work for!"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

Pros

I have been with Endurance International for almost 4 years now. I absolutely love this company and my fellow coworkers! It is like we are one big family. The management is the best, they really make sure you are confident in the products and most importantly yourself. I definitely recommend Endurance!!

Cons

I currently do not have any cons. Management is very approachable, so if you have an issue or concern you are more than welcome to discuss it with them.