Endurance International Group Tech Support Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Endurance International Group CEO Jeffrey Fox
Jeffrey Fox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Add better work-life balance, even for people working shifts" (in 8 reviews)

• "Lot of changes at the upper management and no clear vision" (in 12 reviews)

"Worked as technical support staff/L2"

Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Mumbai

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, friendly colleagues, and seniors.
    People at any level - higher or lower, would actually listen to what you have to say about work.

Cons

* Add better work-life balance, even for people working shifts
    * Management needs to work towards better growth of the employees and employee retention

Advice to Management

work on retaining employees instead of letting them go by saying "they are moving to better roles, nothing we can do"

"Support Web Services"

Former Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Mumbai
    Former Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Mumbai

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Swanky office, perks and enthusiastic people.
    Great bunch of young people and knowledge sharing. Good for beginners to start their careers.

Cons

Management needs to improve, some politics and no career growth. End up doing the same thing for years. Product is no good either so most of the time you will face irate customers.

Advice to Management

Spend more in product improvement than marketing.

"Read up on the company before you decide to join"

Former Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Free food
    -Benefits ok
    - my co-workers were fun.

Cons

- Poor management
    - One of the managers there is allowed to stay on a power trip and abuse the power given to them.
    - Corporate claims to have an open door policy, but if you voice your concerns and they don't like them, the will find a way to get rid of you- or even your entire department.
    - They are not great at keeping things professional- lots of cussing during meetings and bad mouthing. Felt too much like I was working with teenagers. That is what happens when they hire management based on who they know instead of skills.

Advice to Management

- Stop acting like you are better then everyone else
    - Stop being yes-man managers
    - Stand up for your team, stand up to corporate- have some integrity. The way they tell us to treat the customers is not nice. They may try to pretty it up, but having a set call time for tech support calls is only bad for the customer. And stop making everyone sell stuff when it is tech support, no one likes that. Would you like that?

4 Jan 2017 – EVP, Communications & Branding

One of the values we embrace at Endurance is candor. We appreciate your honest feedback and regret that you didn’t address these concerns with Human Resources if you didn’t feel comfortable speaking... More

"Tech Support"

Current Employee - Tech Support
    Current Employee - Tech Support

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

I've been with Endurance for almost 3 years now and work in the Tempe, AZ location. I'm just received a promotion recently and couldn't be happier with how things have changed over the past couple of years. For those looking for a fun, rapidly changing environment where you can cut your teeth in technology without having a formal background I highly recommend looking at Endurance. I can't speak for the other locations and don't have much explore to anyone outside of our center but do love my job and my teammates here.

Cons

It took me a while to get a promotion. In fairness, I did receive feedback on areas I needed to improve but have seen newer people promoted faster than I was. I can't say I know what their qualifications were but it kind of sucked to feel like I was being passed by when I had more tenure. I did ultimately get the job I wanted so I can't say that I'm not happy now and at least my manager helped me improve and didn't just quite on me because I couldn't hit my revenue goals.

Advice to Management

I love the high fives and contests. It would be nice to get on a real CRM like Salesforce or SugarCRM which I've used in a previous role and loved. Other than that keep up the good work.

10 Nov 2016 – EVP, Communications & Branding

Thank you for writing and providing your feedback. Congratulations on your recent promotion! Woo hoo! :-)

"Worst Company Stay Away"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch but they even fired the caterer that's how bad this place is.

Cons

They do not understand customer service they hate there customers.
    They train us to handle 5 chats at once how are you supposed to help 5 people each with different problems. Makes no sense. Literally 100 customers a day are cursing you because they hate the service but you can't do anything but say we can't help you per the terms of service. Pretty awful place to work. It's not if but when you will get fired they lead everyone by putting fear in them to work harder or risk losing there job. The Austin location has a boss pwho has no idea what she is doing and just prances around saying yea we're getting new plants and lights and fridges. It's like seriously this is what your fixing don't you have a real job to do like lead a management team that fires employees because they don't like them and aren't a "culture fit" that's what they tell you when you get fired.

Advice to Management

You have no clue how to run a company. You are the most pathetic bunch of snobs. When it comes to town meetings, just recognizing yourselves and not anyone else. You make great power point presentations but have no idea how to execute. It's called leading by example and promoting from within you have none of this. Looking forward to the day you fail and close down.

29 Aug 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for writing. We are disappointed to hear you had a negative experience, but do hope you were able to raise some of these issues with Human Resources while you were a current employee. If... More

"EIG"

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

loads of opportunities across a wide variety of job types and skill sets, friendly helpful peers and management that strive to help you succeed, an encouraging work environment, continually build new knowledge, and of course the stuff everyone digs like free food and fun contests/competitions that allow you to win money. Plus you get to work with BIG DAWGS like Ethan Dibble.

Cons

Some of the schedules are pretty early or late, but it is a 24 hour company. So that's a given. :P

"Homestead in Tempe Rocks!"

Current Employee - Tech Support Homestead in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Tech Support Homestead in Tempe, AZ (US)

Pros

Love my team, love this job, love this company. We have the best time every day and set the tone for the organization. If you like to work hard, have fun and take care of customers we are the team to join. Managers are beyond cool and we have a close bond with the sales team who handles our leads. They come by all the time to thank us for working with them and there are no egos on this floor. By far the best place I've ever worked at. If you're fortunate enough to join our team you'll see what I mean.

Cons

Very few cons. Most are petty so I won't list them all but parking has gotten better over the past year and the cafeteria downstairs is ok (not the best). They're pretty fast if you call in an order so you do have plenty of time to grab food during lunch. Not a ton of options outside of what's across the street. But like I said, not much to complain about this is a super fun place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the fun/crazy things you do. This place is NOTHING LIKE IT WAS a year ago. Very cool to see managers at all levels come hang on the floor. GoDaddy never did stuff like that. You will stay connected to the team so keep that up and we love hanging out with all of you. So fun to have managers in all these different departments supporting us and making sure we're taken care of. Definitely love the culture so don't change anything there.

"Great Pay"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Tempe, AZ (US)

Pros

Decent salaries for Phoenix. Left GoDaddy to come here and I'd never look back. This place is much more relaxed and people aren't breathing down your neck with unrealistic metrics. I've been here for just over a year and currently looking for my next opportunity within the company. Lots of openings and strong support from managers to take on new roles internally - which is another welcome change from my time at GoDaddy.

Cons

The phone calls are very similar to other hosting companies. I was under the impression that may not be the case but can definitely say the calls are similar. Not a really a con but was hoping to see something different as I've been in the industry for 5 years.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see more management requisitions open. I've seen all kinds of other roles but manager roles don't seem to open as frequently. I do feel encouraged to apply for other roles but haven't seen a manager role open in the Tech Support department since I've been here.

"Pool Table?!"

Current Employee - Domain Support Tech in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Domain Support Tech in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

I've been here for almost one year and love this place. The team, building and perks are amazing. I mean I get to play pool on my breaks what more could I want lol. My manager is the best. I didn't know much tech when I started but she was really patient and has always been very supportive.

Cons

New to the tech industry so I struggled in the beginning. My manager is awesome so that helped but can be intimidating if you don't know much about hosting.

Advice to Management

Free ammo for the nerf guns please!

"Tech Tier 2 - Team Support"

Former Employee - Tech Tier II - Team Support in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Tech Tier II - Team Support in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Break room perks a nice plus, as is monthly lunch and weekly snacks. Soda fountain, coffee, teas, snacks for sale in break rooms was a nice change of pace. Worked with some really great individuals across various departments. Very much enjoyed working there until the pros took an exit in successive graduations as the company steered towards IPO in 4th quarter 2013...

Cons

Underpaid and overworked. Breaks were commonly neglected to accommodate needs of the plentiful new hires that were becoming an overwhelming population on the floor seeking help. Sufficient training would have helped greatly gear new agents for success, as opposed to a 1 week crash course. Be cautious of office politics and related; ie anger wrong person, they will make your job and career harder, possibly in jeopardy for their own gain and benefit. as I witnessed and experienced this situation a few times.

Advice to Management

Reallocating funding from top agents earning the highest in commissions, to offset the expense of higher hourly pay across floor for tier 1's and as result significantly decreasing income potential for those top agents was not wise nor the most ethical. Think about the bigger picture and alternate ways to alleviate the significant turn over numbers seen leading to this change.