Endurance International Group Technical Support Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Endurance International Group Technical Support Representative Reviews

Technical Support Representative

1.5
Endurance International Group CEO Jeffrey Fox
Jeffrey Fox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Add better work-life balance, even for people working shifts" (in 8 reviews)

• "Lot of changes at the upper management and no clear vision" (in 12 reviews)

"At some point, you'll contemplate abandoning ship"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Pros

This companies job description should really read: "If you enjoy playing for the JV team, then you have found your place! Wanna constantly losing direction, feel hopeless and unappreciated? Look no further! Hop aboard the Endurance pile of ship!"

Cons

Realistically, This company is a joke and a horrible one at that! The high turn over rate is a testament to the fact. It's not that "some people can't make it here," it's just that this is bottom feeding at its best and the smart ones realize quickly that they are better than this. After all, there's an obvious reason why these guys remain amongst the little guys playing minor league softball in a big league world.
    It's not enough to just say this place sucks but they leave the door wide open. Even its namesake is retrospective of its own previous failed business model. Don't believe me? No worries, you'll probably hear about it twice a year.

This company will set you up for failure in the worst of ways. Aside from the few perks, these guys take "creating a web" literally when it comes to policy and procedure. You'll definitely enjoy your time spent trying to weed your way through all their lame-tactics and BS.

Advice to Management

ha... "management"

Endurance International Group Response

26 Oct 2016 – EVP, Communications & Branding

As a current employee, please note that your feedback is valuable to us. If you’d like to speak to me directly or to human resources, we’re here to work with you on these concerns. If either of these... More

"Company changes worsened"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady bi-weekly pay, friendly co-workers

Cons

Corrupt management, selfish corporate company rules, company concerned with money not employees, high turnover rates.

Advice to Management

Focus on the employees a little bit and stop always backing up the customer when they are in the wrong. Don't force employees to deal with customer abuse constantly, and take a sup call when appropriate for once.

Endurance International Group Response

9 Aug 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review. We agree that things have changed as we continue to grow fast. We do hope that you brought your thoughts regarding management to HR. If you'd like to share your concerns... More

"Expendable.."

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have work for Endurance for about a year as Technical Support Representative.
    Co-workers are all friendly and helpful, although they hire about just anyone so there is some few slackers or people who has very little experience with customer service.

Perks are great; great benefits, some freebies, free drinks, free food on Tuesday and Thursday, and end of month catering. Throws a decent holiday party.

Managers were friendly and helpful. Tries to make you part of Endurance Family. They occasionally will listen-in to your calls if they see you struggling. They would try to help you out through internal chat program which was a surprise but end up being helpful. This could be a good or a bad thing. There is a lot of freedom on how to approach the calls as there is no script to follow.

I work at technical support department but still have sales goal and metrics to be met but they weren’t too difficult if you try. There is a lot of potential to make money. They made some change in 2015 to help simplify the sales goal. Before the change the possibility of making high commission was great even more than the sales department but not so much anymore because the commission is borderline. Honestly I like the new change as it’s more consistent with the paycheck unless you are one of the top salesman on the tech.

There is also a lot of positions and roles opening so a lot of opportunity to move up. Still have to go through an interview process.

There is also training when you get hired for the position.

Cons

Some of my cons are my personal opinion. Example is I am now a former employee as I write this review. I was terminated for some small accident that there was zero tolerance for…which was unheard of for a zero tolerance policy. Things are not as clear as they should be if there was some strict policy. When I say there is some freedom I really meant it because the policy and procedure are not very clear or enforced. Some manager would allow this and another would say otherwise. So I have to be extremely careful when making certain decision when it comes to company policy. During my incident my manager was not around and he wasn’t answering in the team chatroom that we (he also didn’t answer personal message) so this puts me in a bind to just make a decision as the customer was already extremely agitated. This decision has lead me to my termination. I probably could have gotten away with it if I honestly didn’t say anything but I was trying to do the right thing.

I thought my manager was my friend and our team as a family but that was not the case. I got kick to the curb with my manager not backing me up like some expendable slave. Not even a suspension just straight GTFO.

You honestly have to be “friendly” and persistent to move up within the company. I have applied twice for tier 2 position and interviewed twice only to be denied (I am honestly more than qualify, I even have bachelor’s degree at the time) but they pick the guy that was better in sales and friends with the manager (smoke buddies). Tier 2 is more technical yet they pick someone less savvy.

I remember the first day this company had to sale you on how great this company is and how it is like a big family. I believed it and it is ironic that at the end I didn't feel like part of the family since I got kicked out.

Advice to Management

I can’t speak for the rest of the company but for Technical Support Department Please get your act together and possibly listen to us as we’re the frontline of this company. Maybe be more transparent if we do get some sort of freedom but if not then create some guidelines or something. Communicate with us more about the company. I would like to know more what is going on with the company from management like keep us up to date. I always get more information from other employee than my own manager unless you are friends with the manager. We’re always in the dark when it comes to small updates that might be consider major for some of us.

"Poor Company"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Dublin, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Dublin, OH (US)

Pros

None this company is an absolute joke

Cons

Company came in and fired all of the prior Arvixe staff. Very poor company to work for.

Advice to Management

Bring back the old arvixe staff and admit your mistakes.

"Revolving Door of a Company"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is reasonable for a somewhat easy job as long as you're a tech savvy person.

Easily accessed by public transportation.

Decent commission, however it is slowly being phased out.

Cons

This place is a revolving door. They expect to staff 90 people and are constantly hiring every two weeks. And 75% of the employees are gone in a year due to a heap of issues with the management in this company. You're not valued at this company. Tenure and Performance mean nothing to this company. You're as valuable as a new hire. The culture hear is brown nose and advance, many skilled employees are passed up for advancement due to not being social butterfly's.

Advice to Management

Respect your tenure and talent.

Promote on merit and not your intuitions.

Promoting hard work on short lived competition and forgotten enthusiasm does more harm than good.

"tech support"

Former Employee - BILLING/TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - BILLING/TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

had a nice game room, got bonus, insurance

Cons

after going public everything changed. wasnt like a family anymore, bonus dwendled

Advice to Management

go back to the standards in which started the business