Endurance International Group "customer service" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Endurance International Group Employee Reviews about "customer service"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Not good at all"

Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Endurance provides many additional amenities to its employees such a happy hour weekly, free food, entertainment in breakrooms, etc.

Cons

-Terrible pay, not worth 13.50/hour getting screamed at by irate customers.
    -Terrible training
    -Horrible customer service
    -Clique-like environment between managers/employees
    - Not much support from leaders
    -Too many amenities at the expense of low pay
    -Aggressive sales tactics
    -Terrible HR coordinatation. I was ghosted for close to 3 weeks before finding out if I had the job.
    -Loud, distracting space to work. You will get hit with nerfs at any given moment. Overhead music is blasting and you cannot hear your customers.

Advice to Management

Improve training.
    Improve pay.
    Improve management.
    Improve the work environment.

On my last day, I honestly felt like I was walking out of public high school for the last time.

"Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent equipment
    Paid every 2 weeks
    No dress code

Cons

Corrupt Management
    Terrible training
    Horrible customer service
    Managers are always on their personal cell phones or playing games all day
    Answer calls of upset customer's with no solution to offer
    Teach employees to lie to customer's

Advice to Management

Stop hiring friends.
    Promote quality not who hangs out with you the most.
    Learn how to invest in your employees.
    It all starts with proper training

"Eh. Just... no."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a good company to work for if you like soul-crushing work. Don't care about actual customers? This is the job for you. Cool with nebulous titles, changing job descriptions and no one that actually knows what's going on? Apply today! Like seeing your bosses fired (for no reason) so you can pretend to have a chance to advance? APPLY TODAY! What are you waiting for?!

The only pro is that they apparently have stopped buying companies because they realize they are in such shambles and have no idea what they're doing. At least the people they have there now understand what a demonic company they're working for and choose to work there willingly.

Cons

Look, EIG basically buys companies with soul, with missions and purposes and reduces them to a "formula" (which, if you can stomach, doesn't actually work so it's like looking at false math 100% of the time) to drive up profits.

If you happen to find yourself @ EIG by way of a smaller company that was purchased by them, say goodbye to the company you knew. Your company, your values, your morals, the reason why you went to work in the morning will be completely destroyed. The end goals you're trying to reach will constantly change, the management will constantly change and seriously, no one has a clue what's going on. Customer Service departments aren't given the tools they need to succeed and instead, at every turn, find their support budgets being cut, moved to India and the only reason Americans may exist in those roles is to document processes.... so they can be fired and their jobs moved to India.

It's seriously ridiculous. Please don't apply. Unless you just need a paycheck. (PS, I'm sure there are better places hiring. Go look there.) (Also, their starting pay is pretty horrible in most markets. It starts at $14/hr where I was which may get you rice and beans for dinner.)

Advice to Management

People, not profits.

"Web Advisor"

Current Employee - Initially Customer Success Specialist Into Web Advisor in Austin, TX (US)

Pros

> Started with comprehensive training
    > Solid pay with commissioning ability
    > Was initially able to work remote

Cons

> Things constantly in flux
    > Low pay of coworkers leads to less talent/motivation and therein follows bad customer service
    > All the pros eventually went by the wayside as we were swept aside
    > Don't really know who (or what) to trust or put stock in

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to requests of employees and actually valuing/using the feedback instead of just 'talking the talk'.

You have the capability to offer a high level of customer support instead of just gobbling up companies with reputations of good customer service/support only to turn and burn them (much like your employees).

Endurance International Group Response

14 Mar 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As we continue to grow and strategically organize the company, there have been some challenges. But, rest assured it is a high priority to get it right. We value... More

"Worst Company Stay Away"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch but they even fired the caterer that's how bad this place is.

Cons

They do not understand customer service they hate there customers.
    They train us to handle 5 chats at once how are you supposed to help 5 people each with different problems. Makes no sense. Literally 100 customers a day are cursing you because they hate the service but you can't do anything but say we can't help you per the terms of service. Pretty awful place to work. It's not if but when you will get fired they lead everyone by putting fear in them to work harder or risk losing there job. The Austin location has a boss pwho has no idea what she is doing and just prances around saying yea we're getting new plants and lights and fridges. It's like seriously this is what your fixing don't you have a real job to do like lead a management team that fires employees because they don't like them and aren't a "culture fit" that's what they tell you when you get fired.

Advice to Management

You have no clue how to run a company. You are the most pathetic bunch of snobs. When it comes to town meetings, just recognizing yourselves and not anyone else. You make great power point presentations but have no idea how to execute. It's called leading by example and promoting from within you have none of this. Looking forward to the day you fail and close down.

Endurance International Group Response

29 Aug 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for writing. We are disappointed to hear you had a negative experience, but do hope you were able to raise some of these issues with Human Resources while you were a current employee. If... More

6. "Great Culture in Homestead Websites"

Former Employee - Sales and Support Specialist in Pearland, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Sales and Support Specialist in Pearland, TX (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with
    The job itself was challenging, and I learned a great deal of technical knowledge
    The sales quotas were manageable
    The Management staff was the best I have ever worked with

Cons

The layoff
    The pay structure - Sales goals were coupled with Customer service surveys to pay a commission and the surveys always ruined everything.

"No advancement!"

I worked at Endurance International Group (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid regularly and good health benefits. You learn a lot about how a website works.

Cons

The company has a Sales department and then a tech support department that should be renamed a sales department with some technical knowledge, there is no real billing department any longer from what I can tell. The company does not care about the customer service side of things (you actually get in trouble for spending to much time helping the customer, poor AHT) and pushes very heavily to get the sale, managers get on you for your sales!! I have known many people who were awesome tech support agents who were fired for not making their sales, but keep in mind they were tech support agents not sales. Also they wont say they were fired for sales, they call it performance.

The commission is done very shadily, they have a system that has a number but that number is not accurate and nobody knows what items are worth so you just take on blind faith that the company is not robbing you blind. You can ask when they will have a system that accurately shows your commission but they will tell you it is in development which generally means no idea maybe never.

There is no real room for advancement here. If you don't get canned for sales or quit out of frustration for having to keep up with the 13 different metrics you must do well in to stay out of trouble then there are very few jobs you can move up into. This place is a call center and they are happy with who they have in the positions that they have them in, if you don't like it don't worry because you are probably tier 1 and they will just replace you in one of the many training classes they run to keep up with the people who have been fired or quit.

They have terrible training programs that you only get when you first start, forget any sort of sales help because what they will do is have you sit and listen to the people who are doing well. What I discovered is that the people doing well eventually get fired for punching cards or making shady sales... when you fire people for sales what do you expect?

You get a nice break room but I am not sure when you are supposed to be able to use it because you get 2 assigned 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch which is about enough to get to the break room and eat before having to go back to the phones. Your breaks/lunch start the second you punch out so forget having time to go get something to eat.

Upper management acts inappropriately, I wont get into details but on the less inappropriate they often shout things across the building to their "friends" making the customers ask you what that was all about or sounds like you all are having a party.
    When you read these reviews look at the people who like this job, they will tend to be people in higher positions because they are considered important, the rest of us are a dime a dozen and are treated as such.

This job is super stressful and you have to pretend to be whatever company the customer is calling in for... If you just got offered a job here good luck!

Advice to Management

Start focusing on your employees and making your company work well and not be a death march.

You will not last long if all you do is squeeze every last drop out of your customers while providing little to no actual support.

Make some training classes to help your employees out. Increased product knowledge and sales tips will increase your sales, incredible but it works...

"Best Place I've Ever Worked At!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT (US)

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

I've worked customer service and call center jobs for 15 years, and EIG has been the best company that I have ever worked for.
    1. Perks (Free Massages, Free Snacks, Free Meals on Holidays and Special Occassions, Contests with Prizes, Bonuses, Rewards that I get to pick out, and fun Holiday parties!)
    2. The management team has literally asked employees to submit their ideas and suggestions and rewards ingenuity!
    3. We're encouraged to advocate for the customer, and that feels great.
    4. An HR team that ACTUALLY cares about the employees. They even got us more paid holidays this year!
    5. I work with a team of people who are generally upbeat and friendly!

Cons

It's customer service in a call center. I'm sorry, but no matter how you dress it up, this type of job drags you over the hot coals. The Pros make it worth it, at least in my case.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your employees. You don't need to have an office to have a good idea!