Endurance International Group "free food" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Endurance International Group Employee Reviews about "free food"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"No growth opportunity for Utah employees"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Provo, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Provo, UT (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food. Utah managers do actually care about their employees.

Cons

No chance to move up, this was literally told to us by HR. Except for development they only hire overseas. Expect to be disrespected by corporate representatives and employees from other locations due to the toxic culture of EIG.

Advice to Management

If you want to turn the sinking ship of EIG around, invest in your US employees and promote some of the very talented people you've chosen to ignore for cheaper foreign alternatives. Company culture is toxic because you've sold out domestic workers left and right. Try upgrading to contemporary hardware.

"Not good at all"

Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Endurance provides many additional amenities to its employees such a happy hour weekly, free food, entertainment in breakrooms, etc.

Cons

-Terrible pay, not worth 13.50/hour getting screamed at by irate customers.
    -Terrible training
    -Horrible customer service
    -Clique-like environment between managers/employees
    - Not much support from leaders
    -Too many amenities at the expense of low pay
    -Aggressive sales tactics
    -Terrible HR coordinatation. I was ghosted for close to 3 weeks before finding out if I had the job.
    -Loud, distracting space to work. You will get hit with nerfs at any given moment. Overhead music is blasting and you cannot hear your customers.

Advice to Management

Improve training.
    Improve pay.
    Improve management.
    Improve the work environment.

On my last day, I honestly felt like I was walking out of public high school for the last time.

"They do not care about their customers or their employees."

Pros

There’s not many. Free food, maybe the only thing besides the pay.

Cons

This company does not give to craps about their customers or heir employees. I learned that the hard way and grateful I am no longer there. Drama drama drama, basically immature agents who don’t do their job yet get praised for it, management who doesn’t care about the people who don’t do their job or the ones (rare) that do. Their poor customers get crap service, and get support that’s shipped out of the US, yet the agents are the ones who take the crap end of the stick in delivering the bad news. Harassment from customers is extensive and management doesn’t care until you refuse to take the call or chat. Lack of training and No room for growth (despite what they tell you). I would rather work for a company where I made less and get treated like a human being, than to get paid 16$ hr.

Advice to Management

I would re evaluate everything; the people you hire, the way you treat the people you hire and your customers, training. Maybe try to make work work, yeah it’s got to be a bit fun but when pool and ping pong and the bar and free food is the “good” thing your company is known for somethings wrong.

"Alright Job"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

They have good perks like constant free food and happy hour, good pay, and good co-workers

Cons

Management isn't knowledgeable, HR doesn't take responsibility for bad managers and will fire you instead of the managers, they don't care about the employees themselves; will fire you for any inconvenience

Advice to Management

They should look into training their management better. They would rather fire a whole team then admit they did something wrong.

"Great First Job - No Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

Endurance provides its employees with really great benefits, free food and snacks, in a great physical environment.

Cons

It's impossible to grow or have a career in this company and even more difficult if you are female and/or gay. The work environment is hostile and toxic. More training, opportunities, and promotions are given to men than women. If you are in any leadership role and are a female or identify outside heterosexual you will never be considered for any actual promotion. If you are female and/or not heterosexual they will “eliminate your position” after they have had you work 18 hour days with no time off and bled you dry. They will pay you off to shut you up. They give men in leadership numerous chances to fail and make severe impacts to the company, they give them feedback and training and secretly promote them for jobs that were never posted. They do not give women the same treatment and talk about how awful women in leadership are behind their back. HR is absolutely clueless and lets the leaders run the show instead of taking complaints seriously. Retaliation does happen here.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees instead of letting the head guy dictate who he doesn’t like that day. He plays favorites and if he doesn’t understand your value you may as well just quit. They are “always hiring” because they are always firing people he doesn’t like no matter how great their stats are. They have made offensive jokes and remarks related to race and gender. The integrity of this company is failing. They hide a lot of things on site when corporate visits. The CEO doesn't have a clear picture of what is going on at this location. Never seen a company operate with this little integrity. Stay away.

Endurance International Group Response

27 Sep 2018 – Social Media Marketing Manager

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We sincerely welcome all types of feedback from our current and past employees, as it provides us with valuable... More

"It's mascot is a sinking ship for a reason"

Former Employee - Web Advisor in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Web Advisor in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Free Food
    - Free Beer on Mondays and Fridays

Cons

- Management is two-faced
    - They hired over 20 new-hires in their Austin office, only to close said office less than 3 months later.
    - All the customers you'll deal with will hate you since the company has a lot of sketch practices

Advice to Management

At least the CEO stepped down after it was discovered that the company he was gonna use to outsource support was owned by his sister

"Incredible"

Current Employee - Web Coach in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Web Coach in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, face paced and friendly environment. Everyone from senior leadership to phone rep is able to suggest changes with an open door policy. Tons of free food and raffles! Lots of smiles and laughs

Cons

The company is expanding and experiences normal growing pains but mitigate them very well by keeping the teams positive and motivated.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"LOVE THIS PLACE!"

Current Employee - Leader in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Leader in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is hands down the best company I have ever worked for and I actually look forward to coming to work every day. The leaders are truly interested in the employees and their success. The benefits and pay are amazing and there never seems to be a shortage of free food and opportunities to win awesome prizes. The company cares about what employees think and surveys are done often to solicit feedback. Once feedback is given, there are actual changes and improvements, so employees are being heard.

Cons

I cannot think of one con

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Web Advisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to move up in the company, good pay, paid training, free food

Cons

Quick training, PTO/sick time is mandatory to be absent

Advice to Management

Don't throw newbies on the phone when we were still in the middle of training

"Low growth opportunity for mid-level management"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Terrific benefits, high compensation, smart colleagues, free food, snacks, coffee, beer

Cons

Culture is lacking. It's a challenge to figure out who is doing what and where to find the best resources, often resulting in inefficiency. Additionally, The Director of Communications is not located in the HQ office (or in any office) and works remotely. This presents obvious challenges for internal communications and cultural development -- it's an odd setup for a company working so hard to scale its culture to match its tremendous growth.

Advice to Management

EIG headquarters is made up of employees who have been there for either 10+ years or a constant rotation of three to five-year folks who are in and out the door. It's an amazing place to learn and grow for anyone who has an entrepreneurial-minded spirit and enjoys the opportunity to dig into various projects across multiple departments and who can roll with change. For me, this was an awesome fit. But providing success paths for good employees to reach higher-level positions and be appropriately rewarded and promoted for quality work ethic would make for a far better culture with higher retention. I had great managers -- this wasn't their fault, the company culture simply isn't set up for employee growth. Myself and many of my colleagues between the three and five-year mark would still be there if it was. Benefits and salary are great, but you've set up a company where a smart employee will be hired, learn everything they can, and then get out. Great for employees who move on to broader opportunities with other companies, but not so great, I imagine, for EIG.