Endurance International Group "free lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Endurance International Group Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Don't do it"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed Atmosphere, Nice People, Free Lunch (quality varies by location - corporate is the only one with good food). The business has little chance of failing, as they have the #2 hosting slot locked up pretty good via mergers and acquisitions.

Cons

The knowledge, competency and experience of the people running projects is obvious.

"BE WARNED"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

Compensation & Benefits are good
    Free lunch once a week in Burlington
    Bar with Beer on Tap in Burlington
    PTO Time
    Snacks and Free Breakfast in Burlington

Cons

Some departments are good while others have too much drama and office politics going on, it's not even worth the stress
    Hard work is not acknowledged
    Work life Balance
    No work from home days
    Corrupt leadership
    Unethical managers
    Prepare to start of well and then crash and burn

Advice to Management

You need to genuinely care about your employees. The turnover at this company is outrageous and HR does NOT CARE. This company was once a good company to work for and the change in senior leadership has really taken a toll on employee morale.

"Good Corporate Culture, Tough Management"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch three days a week, beers on tap and snacks galore. The HR department is very approachable and they are all easy to talk to. The people are great. Everyone seems to be on the same page and works together nicely. Unlimited vacation time.

Cons

Management is very difficult to work with. Hard to approach with even the simplest questions. Very cliquey and there is a lot of favoritism. There is a hierarchy of employees who have been there longest and they are viewed and treated much differently then employees who came on more recently. Not much encouragement. They will tell you that they want to see you grow but when asked for the opportunity you are turned down. There is an overwhelming sense that the company is about to implode but no one gives the employees any insight in to that. Moral is awful in recent months.

Advice to Management

Open up opportunities to employees who say they want to grow, especially if there is no reason not too. These are the employees who are going to show up everyday and give 100%. These are the employees who will deal with the turnover, the changes, the sitting around for no reason late night and the poor morale. If you want to bring morale back up, stop treating your employees like you have a general vesting interest in them one day and then give them the silent treatment the next. It's very difficult to put yourself out there and ask for more responsibility when you are petrified that your manager is going to make you feel inadequate. There is a difference between being a tough manager and being unapproachable and rude.

"Once great company has lost its way"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

If you’re looking for a place where you can coast, Endurance may be a great spot for you. As long as you have good relationships with the senior staff and display a positive attitude you can stick around for quite some time.

Beyond that, the perks are pretty good. Free lunch a few days a week, matching 401k, high-end office space.

Cons

Endurance feels like a company in a holding pattern, mercifully waiting for something to happen. The company has always had its warts but somewhat resembled a meritocracy until the Constant Contact acquisition. Once the marriage was forced upon its employees, deep divisions formed and if you happened to be in a group led by an executive on the other side of the fence it likely meant your career advancement was over.

I hope the company finds it’s way once again but I have my doubts. Much of the company’s talent is long gone, worn down by a toxic environment.

If you have other options, any other options, take them.

Advice to Management

Sell the company.

"Run far far away"

Former Employee - Web Advisor in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Web Advisor in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-My coworkers were great. I made some awesome friends while working at EIG.
    -Free lunch every day was nice.

Cons

-Almost no communication between management levels and lower level employees.
    -Very little communication when it came to actual updates or problems with our hardware.

Advice to Management

It very rarely feels like anyone is actually listening to the concerns of the employees who are on the front lines of customer support. Very few actual complaints get listened to. Stop trying to penny-pinch and look out for your customers. They're noticing that you don't care.

"Horrible Company"

Former Employee - Tech Tier I & Server Migration Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Tech Tier I & Server Migration Specialist in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free snack, free lunch, free soda and water,

Cons

Underpaid, High Call Volumes, Low Chance Of Moving Up, High Stress Calls,

Advice to Management

Better training. Give Tier 2s and Web Coaches raises because they are doing more work for the same pay as entry level. Also, while I worked there I worked with a trans employee who received no help from her managers before the call. It also took them 2 months to update her name in the group chats, causing confusion for everyone and outing her to her coworkers. There is absolutely nosy Kathy for people with mental health disorders so I highly discourage people with mental health issues/anxiety.

27 Mar 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. We have escalated the concerns with training and employee engagement you have identified, as we take these matters very seriously.

On... More

"Endurance International Group"

Former Employee - Affiliate in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Affiliate in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay. Free lunch. Free beer sometimes. Flexible vacation. Those are the only perks that I can think of.

Cons

It has become very clear that Endurance International Group does not use its money wisely. They focus more on "cool" perks as opposed to strengthening their employees to do their jobs to the best of their ability. There is no training and the lack of communication is astounding. You are put into a trial by fire type of environment and expected to make results happen without any clear direction or expectation. Management is very gossipy and secretive. I always felt there were meetings going on and information was constantly being withheld. The managers dont know how to lead a team and or communicate their expectations. I would constantly ask for feedback because I felt they were unhappy with my performance but wasn't sure what I was doing wrong or what could be improved. I just felt very deceived and lied to. I was the 4th one in this position to get let go this year. At some point you need to realize that maybe its not the person in that job thats the problem, its the management who may need to reevaluate themselves.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE YOUR EXPECTATIONS. Make it clear to employee's what marks they need to hit. Stop spending money on stupid perks and train your employees properly. Management should be held accountable for their mistakes instead of being able to point fingers at their team.

17 Mar 2017 – Community Manager

Transparency and strong internal communication is what we strive for on a day-to-day basis. We understand that there is always room for improvement, and appreciate your candid thoughts. That means we... More

"Reactionary and uninformed changes a near constant from above."

Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- financial compensation at higher management levels is generous
    - benefits like insurance are competitive
    - the company previously had a history of promoting from within
    - free lunches saved you a couple of bucks.

Cons

- No clear roadmap to address single issues. Roadmaps that are presented are changed frequently with nothing ever seen through.
    - Senior management does not have an understanding of how to solve issues and are more focused on solving a single number in a spreadsheet than correcting fundamental or systemic issues.
    - Communication between departments that should collaborate is abysmal.
    - Schizophrenic "throw it at the wall and see if it sticks" approach to solving issues.
    - Focus on stock and not customers while claiming the opposite.
    - Unbelievable time demanded by the company. In many management positions, 40 hours is a dream long gone.
    - Terminations based on "cultural fit" common even with long term employees with each new leader. And boy, have there been a lot.

Endurance has seen a revolving door of people claiming they can fix everything only to be gone mere months later after they fail and leave things far worse than they were when found it. This approach creates a very difficult place to work if you prefer a stable and honest environment with honest and open discourse, politics kept to a minimum, if you truly care about solving issues for customers, or a feeling of job security is important.

Advice to Management

I wish I had advice. My experience with Endurance was so frustrating that this field strikes me as completely pointless.

26 Sep 2016 – EVP, Communications & Branding

Thank you for the candid review of your experience at Endurance.

Many companies expanding as quickly as ours experience growing pains. Roadmaps are precisely that… maps. Sometimes we change... More

"Worst Company Stay Away"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch but they even fired the caterer that's how bad this place is.

Cons

They do not understand customer service they hate there customers.
    They train us to handle 5 chats at once how are you supposed to help 5 people each with different problems. Makes no sense. Literally 100 customers a day are cursing you because they hate the service but you can't do anything but say we can't help you per the terms of service. Pretty awful place to work. It's not if but when you will get fired they lead everyone by putting fear in them to work harder or risk losing there job. The Austin location has a boss pwho has no idea what she is doing and just prances around saying yea we're getting new plants and lights and fridges. It's like seriously this is what your fixing don't you have a real job to do like lead a management team that fires employees because they don't like them and aren't a "culture fit" that's what they tell you when you get fired.

Advice to Management

You have no clue how to run a company. You are the most pathetic bunch of snobs. When it comes to town meetings, just recognizing yourselves and not anyone else. You make great power point presentations but have no idea how to execute. It's called leading by example and promoting from within you have none of this. Looking forward to the day you fail and close down.

29 Aug 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for writing. We are disappointed to hear you had a negative experience, but do hope you were able to raise some of these issues with Human Resources while you were a current employee. If... More

"At Endurance HostGator New Workers Are Valued Higher Than Long Term Workers"

Former Employee - Junior Administrator I in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Junior Administrator I in Austin, TX (US)

Pros

1. Company Outings once a month
    2. Regular “state of the company” meetings
    3. A modest breakroom
    4. A modest exercise room
    5. Free lunches
    6. Acknowledgment of annual milestones and birthdays via pins and gift cards
    7. Decent starting salary with regular reviews and raises

Cons

1. Horrible PTO and Sick Hours system! All time you choose to take, be it sick time or vacation, comes from the same “well” of time, 40 hours every 6 months. If you plan a vacation, better hope you don’t get sick. If you do, plan to lose your vacation. PTO is not earned, it is granted, meaning if you run out of time, or if you’re just starting out, no allowances are made for you.
    2. Leisure spaces have been cut back since the move to the new location in ATX; where there used to be a fun break room with modern amenities and a fully-stocked weight room, now there is an out-of-the-way closet with little to recommend it and a tiny weight room that shows its lack of space.
    3. Free lunches are generally lazy. While there is an emphasis on “healthier” foods, that means that options are limited. Additionally, due to the way meals are done, it is not unusual for food to be “old” or cold when you are allowed to go.
    4. Company policies both in the customer space and in the employee space result in having to set aside your pride as a support agent and embrace the kind of “McDonalds Tech Support” so popular nowadays (a.k.a. offshore support centers), rushing customers off the line so you can speak to another dissatisfied customer. Scope of support changes with your supervisor’s whim and lacks consistency.
    5. Support tools are inadequate, to the extent where customers can’t consistently pay or address their needs due to buggy web code and agent tools are unreliable to the extent that notes can be lost during the course of a call. Reporting bugs rarely gets acknowledged, much less repaired, for months or years.
    6.Lack of equipment! Because there is no assigned seating, be prepared to get to work early or spend time hunting for the basic necessities of work such as keyboards, mice, and even chairs. The expectation is that you are to be working at the minute of start, but the company does not guarantee you a place to sit, or the basic interface equipment required to actually work, meaning you get there early, you plunder from other desks, or you bring your own interface equipment to work with (I often carried a backpack with my own keyboard and mouse so I didn’t have to spend 10+ minutes scouring for such basic equipment.)
    7. Health Insurance is less a benefit than a required health program; They require running / jogging from you, and regularly host “biggest loser” competitions, despite the reputable reports on how that sort of thing at best results in regaining weight and at worst can be harmful to your health.
    8. Ridiculous stress levels, from previously mentioned reasons to the expectation of taking 4 to 5 chats at once and/or an unrelenting amount of queued calls. Every attempt made to mitigate the workload has resulted in increases, rather than decreases, due in part to worker turnover.
    9. Most supervisors who remained after the merger are inconsistent and play obvious favorites with the people under them. Their decisions are typically lowest-common-denominator solutions rather than a knowledge of policy, group dynamics, or morale.
    10. Make it a point to get off the “front line” of support ASAP; the salary they pay out (after raises) is more important than your knowledge, experience, and customer ratings combined.
    11. Despite being a web hosting company, web design opportunities only exist away from Austin, despite the nature of the job being an obvious contender for telecommuting.
    12. Aforementioned “company outings” used to be “team outings,” occurring once or twice a month and promoting team unity and relationship building; the current outings promote neither and are pale shadows of what they were.

Advice to Management

Your style of management is better suited to the nickel-a-call offshore call centers; HostGator used to be a strong company one was proud to work for, but the culture was destroyed by Endurance’s “one-size-fits-us-alone” corporate attitude that does not provide for reputable support, content agents, or consistent and reliable policies, tools, and service.