Endurance International Group "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Endurance International Group Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Web Advisor"

Former Employee - Web Advisor in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Web Advisor in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paycheck and benefits. Check clears

Cons

Nepotism, high turnover rate, management and upper management don’t care about you. You literally are a number to them

Advice to Management

Genuinely care about your employees and customers. Stop hiring family and fast tracking them. Give opportunities to hardworking employees not family and friends.

"Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. good pay masters

Cons

Lot of changes at the upper management and no clear vision

"Maybe New CEO can turn it around... but needs to listen to the workers and not his directors"

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

they pay fairly well for the market

Cons

The pay demands unreasonable hours and tries to cover for poor upper management. Company is on the verge of imploding.

Advice to Management

This company needs to trust its mid level managers and stop trying to micromanage everything. Needs to revamp entire corporate culture. Very TOXIC place to work.

"A worse company could not exist"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good for entry level and getting your feet wet. Didn't require a lot of experience.
    - VERY strong benefits. Decent healthcare, decent 401k. "Unlimited" PTO for many exempt positions, 3-4 weeks PTO for non-exempt.
    - Many great and intelligent employees that happen to be down on their luck.

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. Set your expectations as low as humanly possible in terms of the quality of service provided. Expect to be abused by both management and clients. Expect to be laughed at and ridiculed by everyone in the industry. Expect to have your coworkers fired and replaced with outsourced contracts with a company owned by the sister of the CEO. Expect to be strung along for months with the promise of promotion only to be denied because you did not suck up to upper management enough. Expect sadistic managers that actually enjoy upsetting you.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and stop allowing office politics to dictate the future of the company. Cut all ties with the infamous contracting company owned by the (soon ex) CEO's sister.

"Very disappointed in EIG"

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The perks here are great. 401k matching, great health insurance, "unlimited" PTO, etc. It has also been a place where I have grown and learn a lot, although none of my growth has come as a direct result of Endurance. It has been thanks to my managers and co-workers. This is a great place if you're looking for good co-workers and benefits. Unfortunately, I don't think the good co-workers part will last long as a lot of people are looking elsewhere for work (for reasons described below).

Cons

It is really hard to trust management when they are willing to straight up lie to employees and try to dismiss it with phrases like "strategy changes" or "shifting priorities". There is very little transparency from the top. Some middle management has tried to be transparent, but they seem to be just as in the dark as the rest of us. Some middle management has tried to stand up for the peons, but they are either systematically let go or end up losing their willpower after beating their head against the wall that is upper management.

It's also disheartening that EIG has never reported a profit and subscriber numbers are dropping, but the CEO is among the highest compensated (at least in 2015, I haven't seen a 2016 SEC filing yet). EIG also makes terribly poor business partnerships that stonewall innovation because of exclusivity clauses.

What it really comes down to is this: EIG executives only care about money, despite anything they say. Actions speak much louder than words at this company.

Advice to Management

Care about more than how much money you make. In the years after EIG went public, upper management showed their true colors, but those colors weren't with your people or your customers. You constantly email your employees about your "values", but really haven't lived up to them. Have some backbone when talking to your employees. Don't skirt questions because they are uncomfortable to answer. If you make a decision you should be able to defend why you made that decision clearly and directly, with data to back it up. There is a reason that you had to bribe your employees to take the "anonymous" employee survey. They don't trust you!

10 Apr 2017 – Community Manager

We work hard to ensure we hire the right individuals that embody our values so the ‘good co-workers’ aspect of your review is something all employees can experience. The same applies to our desire to... More

6. "Review"

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

The culture is awesome, I enjoy coming to work everyday to see my peers. I love seeing advisors grow within the company and I like that everyone is positive.

Cons

The upper management can be biased. I feel like people get promoted for the wrong reasons. I would like to see more people get promoted for making a difference, driving culture and working hard to better the business.

Advice to Management

Be true to your values.

"Terrible Place to Work For - No Advancement"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I spent nearly 10 years at EIG and can't think of a positive thing to say other than I was friends with several of my co-workers.

Cons

This company doesn't seem to base advancement by actual accomplishment, but by who can brown nose the best. If you're not the kind of person willing to REALLY kiss up to management, you won't go far. Also, a lot of people employed in upper management positions spend all of their time micro managing rather than actually contributing or supporting employees,

4 Jan 2017 – EVP, Communications & Branding

We appreciate this feedback and regret to hear your assessment. Please know that we make every effort to empower our employees and promote from within when appropriate.

"Corporate Work Mill with No Employee Appreciation"

Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Occasional lunches and office parties on site. Co-workers were all great and fun to be around. 401k matching. Health insurance

Cons

Middle and upper management has no real direction or strategy. Communication down the ladder is inconsistent and there is a general feeling that no one knows what is going on long term. Stay away from tech support and sales at all cost because the only reason you are bing hired is to replace the 20 people that quit or were fired the week before, this is an endless cycle at Endurance.

Career advancement is definitely based on who you are friends with and not on your actual skill set. People are promoted based on personality and sense of culture and not on what they know or can do. If you are lucky enough to be promoted do not expect any type of mentorship or guidance (or even to see your direct manager more than an hour a week), you will be left to sink or swim on your own and fired shortly after if you do not perform as expected.

Senior management preaches complete transparency yet they are not open about the inner workings of the company. Important changes and plans are not openly communicated to even mid level managers until after the fact when they attempt to paint poor decisions in a positive light.

All in all what started out as a great company and one I backed whole heartedly for many years turned into a corporate work mill with little regard for employees and the overall well being of company culture. My employment ended very abruptly and after a long period of poor upper management and lack of direction. High level management began leaving at a drastic rate as they saw what the future of this company held.

The valley if filled with many better quality jobs that respect employees, value skills and ultimately want to see you succeed.

Advice to Management

Work to build people up and cultivate skills within employees. Focus on quality over quantity always.

17 Mar 2017 – Community Manager

Your feedback is appreciated as we work to structure our organization to best serve our customers and our team members with improved training and onboarding processes. We regret to hear that you were... More

"Way Over-reactive and Spooky"

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Endurance International Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building, with lots of room.

Cons

This place is spooky weird. Its almost empty and moving in that direction more so. I cant say anything positive unless this was two years ago and then , it would be below to just average. The Products are very old technology, used on old office software. Its pretty much 'make due' with what you have, and hope you don't get put on the chopping block. Entire departments have been removed and not replaced. All the talent in coders,mgmt, and agents have left or (mostly so) been replaced by bodies who are the front line - get ready to be quick with excuses for the company! What's really left here is some older people, some quick replacements and everyone seems to want to axe everyone on every upper management whim. Also I personally feel we might have some "Weird Things" going on at this company.

Advice to Management

Take what's left over and reboot. Also please don't come into the company and Brag that you pay everyone a "Living Wage" (13.00/15.00 hour) is not something you should be bragging about when we are far far beyond plug and play,script readers - We are highly technical (niche) agents. You saying you are doing us this BIG favor because we don't work at Mcdonalds ... No kidding thanks for reminding us guy!

"Not what is used to be - dishonest & no integrity"

Former Employee - Support in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Support in Tempe, AZ (US)

Pros

The free food and the massive learning experience & knowledge you can gain are pretty great, if you aren't fired quickly enough or if you have the resolve to hang in there. If you are disciplined, willing to learn, and can handle a stressful & ever changing environment, you can do pretty well.

Cons

My experience has been better than some who worked with EIG but I experienced an amount of dishonesty from management & have seen some shadiness that forced me to question management's motives and integrity. I was not in a special or high position but I was definitely observing everything around me, and noticed that things were turning into a direction that may not be in the best interest of the company. I appreciate my time there and the great people I met, but there is something wrong, and everyone seems to know it.

For starters, It hasnt been long since I left the company, however during this time, several people that I know of have gotten let go. Let's not factor in the mass amounts of tier 1's that have also been let go. There have also been several people who have left the company since I left. I'm sure some have brought it upon themselves, but why the mass firings and mass amounts of people leaving?

Last year, individuals who now consist of upper management came down from centers in Denver and Washington state. Since then, all of upper management were let go. There is only 1 manager left on the floor since EIG moved to the tempe building a few years back. The current individuals in management seem to lack transparency and have an agenda of their own. I have overheard someone in management not only bad talk members of previous management, but I overheard them say how they wanted to sit in front of their office to "watch" what they were doing. Those people who were "watched" were eventually let go, and the watchers inherited their positions. What does that say?

The environment felt hostile at times, and there were so many abrupt changes that were made, it was hard to feel like your job was stable. In addition to that, no matter how long you were there and what you contributed or accomplished, that always seemed to be overlooked, and you would be as disposable as a used paper cup. Coaching opportunities don't exist anymore. It has been expressed that an individual can get fired if it doesn't work out with them, except without warning, no chance to improve, no disciplinary steps. Nothing.

I also never felt like I could trust upper management. There is some great talent there, but there is a huge lack of knowledge these days, because all of the people who have been there for several years have either been let go, or have left. They had issues filling in positions for special positions that require certain knowledge levels due to this.

It's not a bad company, but the leaders in place have lost sight of the values, like leaving things better than you found it. The center was better off with old management (who honestly were alright) than with those who hold the reigns today.

Being transparent - no honesty and an unwillingness to be forthright about what is happening & why

I could go on and on.

Advice to Management

Adhere to the values of the company in which they were founded. Have a deeper appreciation for your employees. These people work extra hard in such aggressive conditions and they deserve to be recognized as individuals, rather than disposable trash. Especially the ones who have been there for many years, have a never ending amount of knowledge, and have stood by the company throughout various acquisitions and have even been there long before you. Think about why there is no one left to fill special positions. Understand that for every seasoned employee that is let go, there will be less people who will be qualified enough to fill their positions. Lastly, have some integrity.