Enlivant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Dec 4, 2019

2.8
Enlivant CEO Jack Callison
Jack Callison
Pros
  • "The culture at Enlivant is absolutely stellar(in 77 reviews)

• "This company truly lives by its CORE values everyday and gives much encouragement for us to do the same with our teams(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "However, more promotion/ mentoring to those positions from within would put people in those roles who've actually done the job for Enlivant(in 49 reviews)

• "Upper management made decisions based on personal bias(in 29 reviews)

1. "Great for Development. Not for Longterm though"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Great Co-Workers Manageable Hours

Cons

Lack or Training Just a number there

Enlivant2019-12-03
  2. "I really enjoyed working for this company."

I worked at Enlivant

Pros

Wonderful management, staff, and friends. When I was there it felt like I was part of a good team.

Cons

Not having a set schedule.

Advice to Management

Maybe increase the pay rate. After all, we are taking care of beloved family members.

Enlivant2019-11-11
  3. "Nursing"

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Bayville, NJ

I worked at Enlivant full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly can’t think of any pros outside direct coworkers.

Cons

There is no truth to companies core values. Having worked in senior care for over 14 years this company was by far the worst. Dishonest, greedy, poor upper management with no idea about senior care. Unable to deliver on promises made to families. Many problems in PA with State Survey’s. Do your homework

Advice to Management

Give a “Boo Yah” to front line care givers not sales team.... residents are NOT getting what they are promised. Get REAL and get back to basics ALC/ENLIVANT

Enlivant2019-12-04
  4. "EXIT INTERVIEWS"

I worked at Enlivant full-time for more than a year

Pros

The residents and staff are great

Cons

why don’t you do exit interviews? You would think you would want feedback on how to improve or just connect, Right? It must be avoided due to not wanting to hear the truth.... about why good solid employees got so fed up and burnt out yet kept plugging away plowing through just to keep afloat while 7,845 emails are being composed TITLED- BOOYAH. Waste of time that could be utilized elsewhere to better serve these... residents then the lack of enrichment and quality care their receiving currently. PRIORITIES.

Advice to Management

Exit interviews might shed some light on what’s really going on

Enlivant2019-12-04
  5. "ROCK SOLID"

Current Employee - Director, Executive Management in Shelbyville, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Walker Place in Shelbyville has "grown up" with Enlivant. We have the strongest team ever with great wages and excellent benefits. It greatly concerns me that people write painful reviews to try to undo success because they chose to leave and did not do it appropriately...thinking the grass was greener on the other side and because they were not professional in their exit, they cannot return to what they know was... the best job they ever had. The staff is appreciated! The residents are loved! And the best part...we are backed by an amazing company that stands strong on their mission statement "To be the most trusted senior living". Walker Place lives this every day!

Cons

Only concern is how hard it is to attract good people into this amazing industry. Sure you work hard. That's why they call it a job.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open! It helps to know someone is listening.

Enlivant2019-10-21

"Awful company that does not care"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Enlivant full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't have any pros about working for EnLivant

Cons

The company says they care about their employees and their residents, but at the end of the day, just don't. I would go to upper level executives with issues or concerns and they would tell me what I wanted to hear and then never follow through. After I put up a fight to benefit a resident, I might as well have had a target on my back. I left as soon as I could,

Advice to Management

listen to your employees when they tell you something is wrong in the building.

Enlivant2019-11-19
  7. "Absolutely Love Working Here!"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter

I have been working at Enlivant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture at Enlivant is absolutely stellar. I've never worked for a company that actually lived their MVV. It starts with the CEO, and you can feel that same culture all the way into the communities. There's a ton of opportunity for growth and a very clear road on how to get to the next step. We are a certified Great Place to Work and I definitely feel that is true! Great work/life balance.

Cons

I definitely see the company making strides in this area, however putting emphasis on upgrading systems would be amazing. There also could be better maternity/paternity benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the MVV and we will continue to be a Great Place to Work!

Enlivant2019-10-15

"All about money"

Former Employee - Divisional Care Services Specialist in Spokane, WA

I worked at Enlivant full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible and that’s about all I can say

Cons

No supportive management. Everything is about money! Get “move ins “ even if not appropriate for ALF. Very poor staffing levels. And for the amount of money residents pay, they should get more assistance. Care staff wait tables and wash dishes while residents wait for help to the bathroom. All care plans are just about what to charge the residents. Executive Directors and DONs working 24 hrs a day.

Advice to Management

Provide the care the residents need! Do the right thing! Listen to what your care staff are telling you. There are many reasons why you can’t hold on to employees. Care staff or management.

Enlivant2019-11-18

"What was once a meaningful, fulfilling job became a nightmare"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Enlivant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was a privilege to serve the residents

Cons

Regional managers email us mind-numbing senseless emails all day, everyday, on weekends, at night constantly .... u should have let us concentrate on running our communities and letting us work instead of reading your 394 emails every day.

Advice to Management

Please stop emailing emailing Reply To All Reply To All

Enlivant2019-11-14

"Great Place To work...ha! More like horrible place to work."

Current Employee - Community Leader in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Enlivant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Residents Loyal employees Families That is about it.

Cons

They talk about all the “support” you get, in reality the only time you get a response from the regional team is when someone calls the HR hotline or your not producing enough move ins for the month. They only care about how many heads are in the bed not about being the “most trusted”. The community leaders are left out in the cold covering every department in the building. They hire specialist to come in to... “support” you but they admit they are just there to tattle on the community. HR is absolutely horrible! No matter what the situation is they make the community leaders feel like they are being interrogated. They make it impossible to get rid of horrible employees. Do walk run from this company.

Enlivant2019-10-29