Enova Reviews

Updated 20 Jan 2021

4.4
Enova CEO David Fisher
David Fisher
Pros
  • "Also a solid business with good work life balance(in 59 reviews)

• "smart people who think strategically to solve business challenges(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is trash and constantly screw you out of money(in 15 reviews)

• "Ethics of high interest loan products(in 13 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Excellent Place to Grow and Work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer I in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Enova full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diverse culture, friendly coworkers, an environment that fosters learning, connection, and growth.

Cons

Occasionally, politics will drive sub-optimal design decisions.

January 21, 2021People Team

Thanks for writing a review. We are happy to hear your experience at Enova was a positive one, and that you experienced some of the things we value most at Enova- such as our continuous learning environment, a diverse work culture, and opportunities to grow within our organization! We also appreciate your feedback, it will only help us improve!

2. "Best company to work for"

Current Employee - Applications Support Representative

I have been working at Enova full-time for less than a year

Pros

benefits paid time off co-workers bonuses strong work environment being apart of a team

Cons

strict schedule to follow, calls are graded

January 21, 2021People Team

Thanks for writing a review! It is great to hear you've enjoyed working with your peers and being a part of a team, that is one of the best parts of working at Enova! We appreciate your feedback, it will only allow us to continue to improve.

3. "Not bad. Definitely not long term"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good overtime for the employees

Cons

Management at times can be petty

Continue reading
  4. "take money from poor people with high % loans"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

benefits are ok, and work life balance is alright

Cons

take money from poor people with high % loans

5. "Fun Environment!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Enova full-time

Pros

Set schedule OT sometimes Great Co Workers Good Work culture

Cons

Favoritism shown to management as employees the employees were treated like they were expendable

January 21, 2021People Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to hear your time at Enova was a positive one, and that you enjoyed the structured schedule and working with your peers! We also appreciate the feedback, it will only allow us to continue to improve.

6. "N/A"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Technician in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi

I have been working at Enova full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is good for fresher

Cons

Hope good compay still I'm new in this company

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - Collection Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enova full-time

Pros

The company rewards staff a bunch

Cons

Micromanagement in full effect! Annoying

December 16, 2020People Team

Thank you for your review. Recognizing our employees for their work is something that is important to us at Enova, so we are happy to hear you experienced that! We also appreciate your feedback, it will only allow us to continue to improve.

8. "Amazing Workplace!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Enova full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is Amazing, Work life balance is unreal & the office is so inclusive and diversified.

Cons

Could be additional sales training, but the teams are GREAT.

January 4, 2021People Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying your time with the company and that you believe Enova is a great place to work! We're always evaluating our training and onboarding, so we encourage you to share any feedback you have with your manager so it can be incorporated into future onboardings.

9. "Great culture and great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant

I have been working at Enova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been with Enova for several years and I can attest to its awesome company culture and great work environment. Being part of a team (any team) makes you feel included, an important piece of the whole and allows you to excel at what you're good at. At the same time, the individual growth opportunities are limitless, with lots of avenues to explore other areas of the business, obtain additional skills and try new things. Over all, Enova is a great place to work especially if you enjoy operating as an owner and with minimal supervision.

Cons

No cons for the company as whole.

January 4, 2021People Team

Thanks for your feedback! We're happy to hear you feel valued and like you have the opportunity to be your best self at Enova. We want all of our team members to embrace our company values, like 'Operate as an Owner', and it sounds like you've been able to do just that.

10. "Great place for new software engineers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. There's a training program for new hires that does a good job getting them comfortable using the tech stack. 2. The work environment is very friendly and encouraging. I've had a pleasant experience working with other engineers and learning from them. 3. Good work-life balance. Outside of the occasional time sensitive project, co-workers and managers are mindful of your time. 4. For the work load and expectations, the pay is pretty competitive. 5. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. We have access online learning subscriptions and are encouraged to check out openings on different teams that interest us. 6. Senior managers/execs are approachable and are open to feedback/criticism.

Cons

1. Depending on your team, promotions can sometimes take a while to come through. While there are guidelines on what the role expectations are, there needs to be more consistency among managers on how that gets implemented. 2. Projects get scrapped from time to time either due to unexpected redundancy or changing priorities. While the project can be useful in developing your skills, it can be a little disheartening at times. That being said, management is aware of this and they have been taking steps to improve on that.

December 16, 2020People Team

Thank you so much for the review! We are happy to hear your experience at Enova thus far has been a positive one, specifically with our continuous learning environment, flexibility with work-life balance and leadership. We appreciate your feedback, as this will only allow us to continue to improve!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 448 English Reviews