Envato Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Envato Reviews

Updated 19 Feb 2020

3.6
Envato CEO Collis Ta’eed (no image)
Collis Ta’eed
Pros
Cons
  • "For me personally there are no cons(in 5 reviews)

• "There is a strong focus on getting things done rather than doing the right thing(in 3 reviews)

"PHP Developer"

Current Employee - PHP Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Envato full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is Good to work with the team. good Support.

Cons

There is no cons with company and it's jobs

Envato2015-04-09

"Good"

I have been working at Envato part-time for less than a year

Pros

Freelancing company One has all the time in World Vast platform Shoecase/sell product

Cons

little support all on your own tough to sell or promote your item

Envato2013-07-17
  3. "Best Times, Best Growth, Best Work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Envato full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved working at Envato. If you can get an opportunity to work here I highly recommend it. As my review title suggests - I did some of my best work and had my greatest growth opportunities while at Envato. I was given support and autonomy. The culture is really friendly and welcoming. While I generally don't go to work for the social aspect of it, I made so many lifelong friendships. As most people mention Collis and Cyan are wonderful people to work for. They are genuine, humble, and truly care about the impact they have on the community and world. Working for them made me feel good about how I was choosing to spend my working hours. With the amount of growthing happening at Envato a career here can be as big as you want to make it.

Cons

There is a lot of growth and change. I think there were a few problems with upper management and a person or two who shouldn't have been given as much power as they had. The growth and change can sometimes make us 'old timers' cranky and yearning for the old days. 2018 was a particularly difficult year for staff to deal with all of the changes but towards the second half of 2019 things smoothed back out again. Being able to work from home everyday seemed like a great idea at the start but has turned out to be too much freedom in my opinion.

Envato2020-02-19
  4. "Values-driven company filled with wonderful and talented people"

Former Employee - Team Manager

I worked at Envato full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Inspiring and purposeful work (helping creatives across the globe!) - Company owners and senior management genuinely care and try to do a great job. - They've kept a consistent vision, since they started, to be a company that helps people. - Envato grew quickly and worked VERY hard at keeping their culture pointed in a positive direction. No company is perfect, but they work hard to identify where they're lacking and figure out how to improve. - They work very hard to find great people. - They are financially responsible as a company. This is good in many ways, but I often see / hear people upset that they aren't as generous on salary, etc. as competitors. I think this is true, but in my experience they've worked hard to ensure people are fairly, but responsibly compensated. - Extremely remote working friendly, and they work hard to enable an adaptable work environment to people's individual needs (family, schedules, etc).

Cons

- The company is growing up and going through another stage of growing pains. For many at the company from prior years, this is uncomfortable and doesn't seem to be moving in the direction of working environment many of them prefer. There are aspects of it I didn't particularly like, but I understand the intention behind the shift. - They have a strong culture of being "nice" to each other, which has good intentions but often gets in the way of getting things done, so things can move VERY slowly as people are trying to be too nice (respectful and professional vs walking on eggshells constantly) . - Doesn't seem to have the "move fast and break things" mentality any more and is much more risk averse, significantly holding back real innovation. - Over the years I felt Envato needlessly lost many great, passionate, and talented people that deeply cared about contributing to Envato's mission. To some degree this is probably normal, though it was difficult to see and often didn't appear to make sense.

Envato2020-01-24
  5. "Do not deliver on all company benefits"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Envato full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some genuinely caring people there. Good if you live/work in Melbourne or Sydney timezone.

Cons

Their "Work and Travel" benefit they proudly advertise and mention during interviews is EXTREMELY selective. Do not apply for a job if you wish to Work and Travel, there's a good chance you won't get to. Also, it seems "Travel" mostly means staying in 1 place, in 1 timezone.

Envato2019-12-07

Envato Response

December 10, 2019Talent Attraction Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Envato are proud to offer our Work and Travel benefits which have been enjoyed by many of our employees over the years and will continue to do so for years to come. Our “Work from Anywhere (WFA)” benefits are only approved once our employee has passed the probation period and has demonstrated their ability to deliver within their role. We believe these are two critical factors to ensure we are setting both the employee and team up for success. Anyone WFA also needs to have access to appropriate levels of WiFi and be able continue to contribute despite any timezone challenges. It is also essential that the person making the WFA request has gained buy-in from their team that they can still be a meaningful and equal contributor whilst WFA. We care deeply about our people at Envato and welcome the opportunity to discuss this further if you wish.

Continue reading
  6. "Working here was an awful experience"

I worked at Envato full-time

Pros

Overall, it is a good company for all the roles IF you are not in a support area.

Cons

The Sr Managment has a lack of knowledge of legal regulations.

Envato2019-11-29
  7. "Envato is a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Envato full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Envato is the first place that I worked where the Values are front of mind and people hold each other accountable to them. I have always felt accepted and treated respectfully which is something I love about this place. There is a great culture where I feel valued and happy. I love that I get to work on across all pillars of the business, it gives me great exposure to a variety of people and products. I get a huge amount of satisfaction from this and I feel like I have a great support network to help me out if any problems crop up. I am so fortunate to be truly supported with a work-life balance. There is the right level of trust, autonomy, and flexibility given to all employees and it drives a positive outcome-driven culture. I personally find this really motivating.

Cons

As the business grows there a risk that leaders will become less accessible and it will be harder to voice individual points of views. I just hope that this will not be the case in the future. There could be more done around opportunities for development and career advancement. There is a lot of work being done to understand and the aspirations and development goals of employees. I am positive that action is being taken and they are doing more to look to develop peoples skills, expertise, and opportunities.

Envato2019-09-16

"Avoid if you're looking to start a family and hope to return to your role"

Former Employee - Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Envato full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work and lovely founders. Snacks in the kitchen. Beanbags that we’re once comfortable.

Cons

Discrimination and highly unethical practices for parents returning to work. HR who listen, but have little influence/impact.

Envato2019-09-18
  9. "Wonderful values driven company"

Former Employee - Agile Coach in Melbourne

I worked at Envato full-time

Pros

High performance teams. People trust each other. Growth mindset

Cons

Lost a lot of good people on the last couple of years.

Envato2019-09-05
  10. "Amazing experience in a values-driven company"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Envato full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a super successful yet humble organisation to work for. Even after crazy growth, It has managed to somehow keep a strong focus on values, and is generally trying to do good for the community. It was amazing how they have continued to improve upon this aspect throughout my time there, even though it was already at such a high standard. People are generally really nice to work with, right from the top level of the organisation. The Founder/CEO is one of the most genuine people I have seen in the role. Staff are generally well-empowered. On-boarding and ramp-up stages of the employee experience are pretty good, and improvements are taken fairly seriously. The company has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion. Got to work with lots of amazing, creative people. Great benefits such as work from anywhere. Though I didn't personally get an opportunity to make use of a lot of these, but they can be appealing depending on the role/ stage of life of the employee.

Cons

Overall its an amazing company to work for. Depending on where exactly you work in the organisation, at times, it can be over-collaborative and somewhat risk-averse, with no clear decision owner. This can slow things down, and lead to a lot of things brewing in the background, without ever really crossing the finish line. Work-Life balance can appear to be a "bit too good" in certain parts of the company at times. Even though you get some opportunities to grow and learn, career trajectories could be made clearer across departments. While some consistency is obviously required, employees should also be assessed based on their skills/ contributions rather than broad-brush measures. This might help retain driven and passionate employees for longer.

Envato2019-08-29

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 66 reviews