Envato Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Envato Reviews

Updated Oct 28, 2019

3.7
Envato CEO Collis Ta’eed (no image)
Collis Ta’eed
Pros
Cons
  • "For me personally, there are no cons(in 4 reviews)

• "The HR department is so ineffective and self preservationist that you can just about see the owners hands working them like puppets(in 3 reviews)

"PHP Developer"

Current Employee - PHP Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Envato full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is Good to work with the team. good Support.

Cons

There is no cons with company and it's jobs

Envato2015-04-09

"Good"

I have been working at Envato part-time for less than a year

Pros

Freelancing company One has all the time in World Vast platform Shoecase/sell product

Cons

little support all on your own tough to sell or promote your item

Envato2013-07-17
  3. "Envato is a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Envato full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Envato is the first place that I worked where the Values are front of mind and people hold each other accountable to them. I have always felt accepted and treated respectfully which is something I love about this place. There is a great culture where I feel valued and happy. I love that I get to work on across all pillars of the business, it gives me great exposure to a variety of people and products. I get a... huge amount of satisfaction from this and I feel like I have a great support network to help me out if any problems crop up. I am so fortunate to be truly supported with a work-life balance. There is the right level of trust, autonomy, and flexibility given to all employees and it drives a positive outcome-driven culture. I personally find this really motivating.

Cons

As the business grows there a risk that leaders will become less accessible and it will be harder to voice individual points of views. I just hope that this will not be the case in the future. There could be more done around opportunities for development and career advancement. There is a lot of work being done to understand and the aspirations and development goals of employees. I am positive that action is... being taken and they are doing more to look to develop peoples skills, expertise, and opportunities.

Envato2019-09-16
  4. "Wonderful values driven company"

Former Employee - Agile Coach in Melbourne

I worked at Envato full-time

Pros

High performance teams. People trust each other. Growth mindset

Cons

Lost a lot of good people on the last couple of years.

Envato2019-09-05
  5. "Avoid if you're looking to start a family and hope to return to your role"

Former Employee - Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Envato full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work and lovely founders. Snacks in the kitchen. Beanbags that we’re once comfortable.

Cons

Discrimination and highly unethical practices for parents returning to work. HR who listen, but have little influence/impact.

Advice to Management

Weed out bad managers who don't have people skills. Address difficult personnel feedback and don't brush it under the carpet or make excuses.

Envato2019-09-18
  6. "Amazing experience in a values-driven company"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Melbourne

I worked at Envato full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a super successful yet humble organisation to work for. Even after crazy growth, It has managed to somehow keep a strong focus on values, and is generally trying to do good for the community. It was amazing how they have continued to improve upon this aspect throughout my time there, even though it was already at such a high standard. People are generally really nice to work with, right from the top level of... the organisation. The Founder/CEO is one of the most genuine people I have seen in the role. Staff are generally well-empowered. On-boarding and ramp-up stages of the employee experience are pretty good, and improvements are taken fairly seriously. The company has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion. Got to work with lots of amazing, creative people. Great benefits such as work from anywhere. Though I didn't personally get an opportunity to make use of a lot of these, but they can be appealing depending on the role/ stage of life of the employee.

Cons

Overall its an amazing company to work for. Depending on where exactly you work in the organisation, at times, it can be over-collaborative and somewhat risk-averse, with no clear decision owner. This can slow things down, and lead to a lot of things brewing in the background, without ever really crossing the finish line. Work-Life balance can appear to be a "bit too good" in certain parts of the company at times.... Even though you get some opportunities to grow and learn, career trajectories could be made clearer across departments. While some consistency is obviously required, employees should also be assessed based on their skills/ contributions rather than broad-brush measures. This might help retain driven and passionate employees for longer.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the authenticity! Improve focus on outcomes, and introduce more consistency and strength in leadership. Make expectations from staff across the company clearer. Make career paths better-communicated and invest in improving the high-performance aspect of the culture (without losing the values lens and community focus).

Envato2019-08-29

"Great committed and passionate teams"

Former Employee - Product Marketing Specialist in Melbourne

I worked at Envato full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great committed and passionate teams No forced leave over Christmas break

Cons

Lack of leadership Unfair practices for women coming back from maternity leave

Advice to Management

More female leaders

Envato2019-08-12

"Comfortable and frustrating"

Current Employee - Development Team Lead

I have been working at Envato full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible work Friendly atmosphere Smart people to learn from

Cons

A lack of direction caused by the leadership vacuum makes for a demotivating environment. So much time is wasted spinning wheels. Management seems to think the lack of direction will be solved by more and more reporting from the bottom up, when what’s required is clearer articulation from the top. Many new hires don’t understand the Envato environment, and seem determined to fix things that don’t need fixing... while ignoring the real problems.

Envato2019-07-22
  9. "Amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Software Development Team Lead

I worked at Envato full-time

Pros

Learn a lot and passionate team

Cons

Seemed not so great unless you’re in engineering.

Envato2019-07-04

"Trade pay for flexibility"

Current Employee - Developer in Melbourne

I have been working at Envato full-time for more than a year

Pros

• The flexibility to work from home or anywhere else remotely • Good engineering culture and practice

Cons

• The pay is mediocre if not low • The promotion process is not good • The management does almost nothing when people not perform well

Envato2019-06-22