Envysion, Inc. Employee Reviews about "envysion"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 6 of over 69 reviews

3.2
Envysion, Inc. Chief Executive Officer  Matthew Umscheid (no image)
Matthew Umscheid
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is easy, nobody expects crazy hours unless it's a real emergency, cool coworkers(in 5 reviews)

• "A stocked kitchen and beer fridge are nice perks on a busy day(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Turnover has been relatively high since I've worked with Envysion, though I believe if the company continues to get healthier that this will improve(in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management has no interest in constructive criticism(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

2h

a

Software Analyst

Dear all I need help I have 3.3 YoE and working in Banking firm in a tech role, package is decent. But my heart is always saying to purse MS (us) I have delayed it till now due to financial situation and I cannot delay it any further, as I'm regretting not doing it till now😕 I fear it will be a greatest regret of my life, 5 years down the line, if I don't go right now or may be in next one year. Kindly provide suggestions- can i get into decent college for MS in CS, USA with 4-5 YoE?

2 Comments

Tech India

12.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Envysion, Inc.~199004
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "envysion"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee

Improvements with new executive leadership

Jan 18, 2021 - Current Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has made many changes over the last year which have put Envysion on a healthier path from a profitability and values standpoint. This is a company where you can start in a beginner's role and grow within the company if you are driven, hard working, and not afraid to try new things and positions. It is a great place to grow professionally, build experience and "find yourself" as you evolve in your career I have met some of the most incredible people in my career working at Envysion. There was another post that called out that working at Envysion felt like working with family, and I 100% agree. The new executive management that took over a little over a year ago is fantastic, like night and day from previous leadership. They communicate clearly, they are approachable and lead by example. Thank YOU!

Cons

As mentioned above, the company has gone through many changes to become healthier. Overall this is positive, but the changes have not been easy to go through and sometimes the changes are happening so quickly and drastically that the environment can be extremely stressful to navigate. Departments and some employees are still not fully aligned with values and process changes. This can cause conflict and reduced collaboration and communication which is crucial to success. General understaffing is a problem and makes it challenging to produce high quality work and customer service. This is stressful and if you don't work OT on a consistent basis you absolutely cannot keep up. Turnover has been relatively high since I've worked with Envysion, though I believe if the company continues to get healthier that this will improve.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Heartless

Oct 11, 2018 - Lead Deployment Manager in Superior, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people on my team were awesome to work with.

Cons

I'd like to start by saying that I turned down a separation agreement in order to be able to write this review. Hush money to keep people from writing negative reviews. It even specifically calls out Glassdoor. I turned down real dollars in order to be able to write this review and inform any potential employees of what Envysion is willing to do to its employees. I was laid off from Envysion. That in and of itself can be expected, but I was laid off 3 weeks before I was due to have a child. Envysion knew this. I made my FMLA protected leave request months in advance. I even followed up with the new HR team since the entire old HR team quit. When laid off from Envysion, health benefits end at the end of the month you are terminated. My child was due 5 days after my benefits ended. Fortunately there is COBRA. Unfortunately, COBRA takes 6-8 weeks to take effect. It is retroactive, but in the meantime I now have an atrocious hospital bill, prescriptions are not being filled because they don't think I have insurance, I have doctor's appointments for my newborn that I am now having to pay for in full up front because it shows I don't have insurance. Thousands upon thousands of dollars needing to be spent out of pocket to ensure the latest addition to my family stays healthy. All this in addition to the mortgage, utilities, and food that needs to be put on the table. This is what Envysion is willing to do to one of its employees. My personal opinion is that if they are willing to do what they did to me, they genuinely do not care about any employee. Despite the claims of work life balance, "culture", and saying they care about employees because they have a beer fridge, their actions show quite clearly that is not the case. The corporation mentality in which employees are numbers is abundantly clear. In a company with less than 200 people. I'll also mention the cash flow problems, the horrendous politics, the sexual harassment allegations that don't get addressed, the sudden lack of communication by upper management, the astounding lack of understanding by the leadership team of how the product works are all red flags as well. Please think long and hard about working for this company before you do.

22 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0

Sinking Ship

Sep 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm at a loss....I would say the people, but the people who really care about doing the right thing for the company and its customers have left or are leaving.

Cons

First off— let me start by saying if you’re looking for a company that will respect you as a human—Envysion is not that company. The Executive team runs this place with their own selfish, ego-driven agenda: they don't respect anyone below the VP/Sr. Director level. The turnover is extraordinarily high for a reason— they burn people out, run people out, or push people out (recent events include the entire HR and Marketing teams quitting). The new HR team is not interested in protecting the people— they are just a tool for the executive team. Morale is incredibly low and palpable. There is no long-term strategy there: it changes with each calendar month. The CEO doesn’t appear interested in the long-term health of the company— he’s only interested in his legacy and having a quarterly story to tell the board. This place is truly toxic. There is no changing it, unless, of course, the entire executive team is replaced.

13 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Contractor

10 year old company and still has not broken even!

Apr 3, 2018 - Contractor in Superior, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice kitchen, with free snacks..... that is the only pro.

Cons

Dysfunctional Management all working in their own silos. Have no ability to see the big picture. No operations or processes. After 10 years cannot define their business. - Are they SaaS provider only? - Hardware supplier or not! - Let the customer install their own hardware? - Envysion Install hardware or not? - 3rd party installer used randomly? Sell to customers that they cannot support with current software. - CTO will not provide development time-lines and actually gets angry when questioned about development times leaving the whole company int the dark. The CEO is a salesman, nothing more, nothing less. - will promise anything to get contracts signed to collect commissions, then question their legal exposure and how to protect themselves. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE!!

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 1.0

Why Work Here?

Nov 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are desperate for a job, or don't have a lot of experience, this may be a good place to get some experience.

Cons

- The industry/problem they're solving is not interesting at all. - Not a market leader. - People aren't particularly nice or passionate. - Awkward size company. Not a startup, not growing quickly, but not enterprise - kind of the worst of both worlds. - Disorganized and weird org structure. - People are overworked due to bad processes and tons of technical debt. If you're talented or in a position where you can more or less choose where you want to work, don't choose Envysion.

8 people found this review helpful

Envysion, Inc. Response

HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We are still a startup in some ways but are going through some exciting growth phases right now. If you would like to discuss your concerns or suggestions in more depth, please reach out to "hrfeedback@envysion.com" and someone from our team will follow up with you directly.

6. 1.0

New Hires Stay Away; Current Employees Get Out

Sep 14, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have good health benefits. Unfortunately that is it. The lies they have to tell in order to get applicants is quite apparent once you start (energetic atmosphere, located in Boulder, industry/market leader; all lies). They do have a beer fridge and a stocked kitchen.

Cons

The Board has approved the President to be the day to day manager of the company; somehow he has convinced them that he is the person to get the job done over the more capable CEO. This person has no people skills, no customer facing skills and thinks he has all the answers (even when he asks for your opinion; if it doesn't line up with what he thinks, you are wrong). Everyone is frightened at making their own decisions and must run them past him before doing anything... his name is often used as a threat to get people to agree or do things. Its quite an abusive and negative power structure. Their product is failing and "probably" breaking contractual agreements with clients, they are "probably" on the verge of losing major accounts and will "most likely" be forced out of an entire market because of their inability to deliver. I would not be surprised if the company is sold off to the highest bidder due to so many issues that are not getting fixed. The people that work at Envysion are genuinely great people. When I started, they were outgoing and energetic; the whole place was buzzing with activity. Quickly that turned to auto pilot and finger-pointing mode. I am glad I left before this place sucked the life and soul out of me.

11 people found this review helpful