Envysion, Inc. Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 26, 2020

Found 5 of over 69 reviews

3.2
Envysion, Inc. Chief Executive Officer  Matthew Umscheid (no image)
Matthew Umscheid
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is easy, nobody expects crazy hours unless it's a real emergency, cool coworkers(in 5 reviews)

• "A stocked kitchen and beer fridge are nice perks on a busy day(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Turnover has been relatively high since I've worked with Envysion, though I believe if the company continues to get healthier that this will improve(in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management has no interest in constructive criticism(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

9h

works at

Oracle India

Hi All, My sister has cleared all the rounds in Accenture. HR contacted her today to negotiate the salary. My sister asked for 8LPA FP. HR said the max fixed pay they could offer is 7.5LPA. My sister told she would think and get back in few minutes. Within 5 minutes, HR moved the candidature status to “on hold” due to budget constraints. None of the HRs are answering the calls. What can i expect? TIA I am feeling worse as i advised my sister to tell HR that she would get back. :(

7 Comments

Tech India

12.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Envysion, Inc.~199004
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

New Management Team!

Nov 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Envysion has new management which has made working here more exciting. Management is open to new ideas, is approachable, encourages feedback, keeps communication flowing, and rewards top performers. Great culture, work-life balance, great team, great benefits!

Cons

A lot of change has happened in a short amount of time.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work - not perfect, but I'm not aware of a job that is

Jan 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty good benefits, generous PTO, interesting work, fairly cutting edge tech stack. Work/life balance is easy, nobody expects crazy hours unless it's a real emergency, cool coworkers. Free snacks and basic food in the employee kitchen, good coffee, reasonable policy about working from home. All in all, it's a good place to work - it's not perfect but I don't live in a fantasy world where I would do my job for free - it's a job. I expect some occasional stress or unpleasantness, that's why they have to pay me to show up. In reference to the person who posted a couple of days ago and essentially eviscerated the entire place - I have a fair idea who this is, and if I'm right, they were not particularly an asset - and in any case haven't worked here for at least 6 months or longer. Many of their statements are factually incorrect: "micromanagement" is nearly nonexistent, at least in any department I've worked with closely (admittedly I don't know sales or marketing depts. well); most promotions come from existing employees (I've been promoted five times that I can recall and so have others I am aware of, several current midleve/management positions are people who started out answering phones in the support department); I don't know of anyone who "hated the CEO" although of course some people disagreed with some of his decisions; and it's rather hard to believe that any company managed as poorly as this poster thinks it is would continue to grow at double-digit percentages every single year I've been here. The people this former employee refers to as getting shafted have not actually worked here since about 2011 or possibly 2012 and I'm fairly confident that they don't feel like they got "the shaft". Hopefully no one reads this 6th-grade level litany of complaints from a former employee (who could stand to brush up on their basic grammar and punctuation a bit) and chooses not to consider a job here as a result.

Cons

There honestly has been a lot of management reshuffling over the last two or three years, with inconsistent sales/development strategy due to the same. Until recently, management tried to make the company be all things to all customers which obviously isn't sustainable. Things seem to be getting more stable and are heading in a good direction, but I've thought that before - I'm willing to wait and see.

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

By far the best company I have ever worked for

Feb 2, 2015 - Project Manager in Louisville, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

By far the best benefit of working at Envysion is that their employees come first. My boss has literally sent me home for working too much, and took over the rest of my responsibilities for that day. I have never worked at a place where the culture is not just a bunch of people talking about work/life balance, but actively making ways to improve it!

Cons

Smaller company means you need to be ready to take on multiple hats and follow through on commitments. If you can't work independently, you might not do well. With the ability for most careers here to work from home, you must be self motivated to get your work done.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growing startup with a good team and a lot of opportunity in front of it

Apr 9, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great technology that is driving a lot of value to customers, reasonable work-life balance for a startup, good group of people that care about their work and each other

Cons

Still some growing pains as company matures, learning to scale

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Envysion is a good place to work

Nov 3, 2009 -  in Louisville, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work life balance and family oriented. The management team frequently and openly communicates what's happening the business which helps inspire confidence and keeps everyone informed about what's important to focus on in the business. Great place to work and get the job done. Management team smartly manages business and inspires confidence.

Cons

Somewhat limited growth career growth opportunities until business grows faster. Business is really picking up now so hopefully there will be more growth opportunities.

3 people found this review helpful