Enzymatic Deinking Technologies Reviews

Updated 10 Nov 2020

3.8
  1. "nice company to work for"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Enzymatic Deinking Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

upper management was nice, work culture was nice

Cons

communication between departments were sometimes difficult

2. "Generous company but not enough work to keep interns busy."

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Process Engineer Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enzymatic Deinking Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tried to move you around to different sites and get broad experience.

Cons

Work ended up being quite tedious, mostly lab testing and trial support.

"An OK place to work"

Former Employee - Employee

I worked at Enzymatic Deinking Technologies full-time

Pros

Catered lunch 5 days a week Friendly colleagues

Cons

High turnover rate Sometimes tight deadlines

4. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Enzymatic Deinking Technologies full-time

Pros

It is fun to work with technology that is genuinely changing and evolving. Many industrial businesses really haven't changed in the last 10 years. New hires tend to be from the upper quartile from the larger chemical engineering/pulp and paper universities. Degrees include engineers and chemists primarily so it ends up being an accomplished technical group that pushes each other and competes with each other. Fun if you like that sort of thing. If you don't, then not so fun.

Cons

The company is small so employees have to wear several hats and there is nowhere to hide. Some experienced people from larger companies can have a difficult time making the gear shift to this accountable environment but those that make it tend to stay a long time. Those that don't tend to leave within 5 years. The same holds true for new hires so turnover can be an issue.

Continue reading

"About 25% of the employees left the company within just a year."

1.0

I have been working at Enzymatic Deinking Technologies

Pros

Please pay attention to the last three positively rated reviews on Glassdoor about EDT. Don't you think they all have a very similar language, perhaps written by the same person? Could this be an example of the level of honesty at EDT?

Cons

Such a low employee retention can be a good indicator of the situation at EDT. My recommendation is to get a hold of any current employee and ask about their honest opinion privately before the employment.

6. "Great people, lots of opportunity"

I have been working at Enzymatic Deinking Technologies full-time

Pros

EDT is a great place to work. I work with a lot of fun and smart people. The work environment is friendly, and focused on doing good work. It's easy to learn here -- the company is growing and developing new technologies, which is challenging. They really support personal and professional development and give everyone money every year to put toward training. New college grads get awesome opportunities if they are open to travel and aren't afraid to tackle a big job.

Cons

If you aren't motivated to challenge yourself, you won't last long here. They don't fire people easily, but people who want to just put in the time to get the paycheck won't like the culture of learning something every day.

7. "Nice people, good team work, lots of opportunity"

5.0

I have been working at Enzymatic Deinking Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at EDT is a mentally stimulating. It's a growing company, so they try to hire the best. There are a lot of smart people here and that keeps me challenged to perform at a high level. There is a definite method to success here -- work smart and be efficient. Be a little bit bold. This is a great place to come straight out of school -- you will earn and learn more than most because there is a strong focus on performance and learning at EDT. Lots of nice people to work with and a real team atmosphere. It's interesting work. Plus the technology is sustainable so the environmentalist in me likes that.

Cons

It's challenging. I know I said that is a pro, so it's both a good thing and a "bad" thing. You have to be on your game. Work can get overwhelming in a company that is growing so quickly. They have a good comp day program that helps relieve some of the effects of long weeks at mill trials.

8. "Great Company with Huge Upside"

I have been working at Enzymatic Deinking Technologies full-time

Pros

EDT is first and foremost a fantastic company to work for. Opportunities for Atlanta based work as well as travel throughout the United States, South America, and Europe. To succeed you must be self-motivated and independent, very little micromanagement as long as you complete your work in a timely manner and at a high quality level. Opportunities for career progression and growth with higher levels of responsibility are available and are merit based. Due to its small size the company is very personal and you have the opportunity to interact on a daily basis with coworkers from all levels of the company from CEO to lab tech. EDT’s biggest strength are the people who work there, a smart and hard working group who I greatly enjoy working with.

Cons

No major cons to speak of, some administration tasks can be at times tedious but as EDT grows I think this is to be expected as they find what works best.

9. "Not told truth about the job as Process Engineer"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer in Norcross, GA

I worked at Enzymatic Deinking Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good lunch policy. They had free lunch in their bug-infested lunchroom (ordered from local restaurants).

Cons

Was promised 80%+ in office. Spent a few months with them and was on the road 90%+. Unpleasant experience overall. Their product did not work in the plant. Be careful if you choose to work here. My experience was awhile ago - but I have spoken to others since who had similar experiences.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 9 English Reviews