Equifax Reviews

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • The work-life balance here is phenomenal (in 44 reviews)

• Flexibility to work from home during inclement weather (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management takes the credit for all the work of the folks the next level down (in 16 reviews)

• The work-life balance could be better (in 8 reviews)

1. "Directionless Management for the Indian Operations."

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Mumbai

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are hardly any pros. Possibly people can idle around in their current role before getting fired

Cons

1: Absolute lack of people management. Organization run by autocrats 2: Complete Bias towards small section 3: No vision 4: No local control. Captain of the ship runs the show from Atlanta 5: Zero understanding of the Indian business 6: Lack of strong robust HR in place 7: Poor internal communication skills. Complete lack of transparency 8: Will always play second fiddle to Cibil. 9: No cross training to understand new products such as Analytics

Advice to Management

Hire consultants and get them to understand why the morale of the company is down

"only at your risk"

I have been working at Equifax full-time

Pros

Benefits are pretty decent for them

Cons

Management that does not care and will work you till you drop and if you do not drop you will get more work until you do

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people without having them afraid for their jobs

"Horrible culture"

I worked at Equifax (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck to pay your bills and that's pretty much all I can Think of to meet the 20 word minimum.

Cons

No where to go to get help except your manager which is a crock if your manager isn't a leader. I and my team had no where to go to alleviate issues that caused tension, extreme stress, mandatory OT and a system of blame. Our manager was simply good and pushing work on us and pointing out faults rather than helping to get to the root of problems.

Advice to Management

Let your employees speak out about their managers. Not every manager posses leadership qualities. Some are riding on the backs of their staff and at their expense. I know my dept isn't the only one!!

"Technical Analyst"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Earth City, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Earth City, MO (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time

Pros

The only good thing about this company was the people you worked with. They were always willing to help and everyone was pretty friendly. Vacation time was good as well.

Cons

The pay was mediocre, the benefits were very bad and expensive. The management team was utterly incompetent and atrocious. No training provided and management didn't take any responsibility for their constant failings. It seems everyone was just trying to make it through another day. The various teams were at odds with each other and there was a lot of passing the buck. Clients were not properly trained on the products and referred things they should be handling over to Equifax. All in all it was like a tornado of ignorance on all fronts. Not enough room here to list all the bad things.

Advice to Management

Come up with a process for on-boarding new people and getting them up to speed on the products and systems they will be supporting and using. Straighten out the ridiculous phone system and what is sent to the analysts.

"customer service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros

Monday thru Friday job. Nice co workers.

Cons

Doesn't pay a lot. Not a lot of growth

"Not a good way to begin my career..."

I worked at Equifax full-time

Pros

I don't doubt that this is a good company on the surface: benefits, flexible hours, working from home, etc. But unfortunately I can't think of anything good in terms of the actual work.

Cons

As my first job, I was convinced that all of corporate America was this bad until I went to a normal company and realized just how messed up this place was. First of all, there was basically no training. I was essentially sat down at a desk and told to find something to do. My boss was a nice guy but had no knowledge of the area I was working in. Instead I was pawned off to coworkers who obviously were not in a position to train me. Whenever I had a question, the person I asked would tell me someone else to go ask, who would then tell me somebody else to go ask, and so on. I was years behind everyone else I worked with and there was no way to catch up. They made me mostly work with interns who also had no idea what to do, and weren't going to even be trained thoroughly because they were leaving soon anyway. Even when I was given work, I'd finish it quickly and then there was nothing to do for the rest of the day. I made every effort to help others with tasks but it was clear there was no need for my position for 8 hours a day. It got to the point where I looked over at somebody who was busy and felt jealous. Along with that, there were also plenty of meaningless meetings about meetings, pointless trips to Atlanta, and ridiculous IT policies. I'm sure that this company isn't bad if you have a good position, but before you accept a job here, please make sure that your position is actually meaningful and gives you some responsibility.

Advice to Management

Everything I just said, do the opposite.

8. "Very Strange Environment."

Pros

Great job on paper. Good benefits and pretty good pay.

Cons

Is anyone remotely happy here? Equifax will make you a great offer, but wave goodbye to joy. Strange that everyone has been with the company for 10+ years and they just walk around glassyeyed and dead inside. It's the easiest job I've had by far (Account Manager) but wow is it boring. The people who have been around forever act like they are at home not at work. Very High School.

Advice to Management

Smile once and awhile. Maybe lose the managers that have been there for decades and hire some personality.

9. "Fulfillment Analyst"

Current Employee - Global Fulfillment Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Global Fulfillment Analyst in Dallas, TX (US)

Pros

I'm going to retire in just a few more weeks! Well, they hired me when I needed a job. The first few years were really not that bad. I hired into a small company that Equifax had just recently bought, and it took several years before the Equifax culture really started drawing us in.

Cons

I've been struggling with bad software for 50 years, but this is by far the worst I've ever seen. Everything is carefully designed to slow down production and encourage mistakes. There are at least three different single-sign-on systems, and you have to type in your password at least 20 times a day so you won't forget it, but it's up to you to keep all the passwords in sync. "Agile Development" is so codified that the schedules must be met whether or not the tests pass, let alone whether the new web apps do anything useful at all for the users. And then there's the incomprehensible corporate-speak from the "Senior Leadership", maximize the word count and minimize the information content, but I guess you get that everywhere these days. I could go on and on. Worst job I've ever had, worse than bleaching tombstones in the national cemetery in the summer of '68.

Advice to Management

Get rid of most of the useless middle management and hire a small number of competent people.

10. "IT Arquitect"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax as an intern (More than 5 years)

Pros

Way to many Hindus in key places

Cons

very good company to work for

Advice to Management

none

"Run away as fast as you can!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location. I don't know what else I can say that would be positive.

Cons

Wow, where do I start? Small-minded and extremely political "leadership" for the under 5000 employee sales team. Who died and made her God?? And the managers, OMG! They had a guy there who knew what he was doing but they ran him out. Senior management doesn't seem to have a clue about what's going on or they just don't care. Bottom line; if you have ANY other option, take it!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "leadership" for the 500-5000 EE sales team! Ditch the politics and try to understand what's really going on. Bring back the guy you let them get rid if.

RSS Feed </> Embed