Etihad Airways Employee Reviews about "abu dhabi"

Updated 15 Jun 2020

3.5
Etihad Airways Interim Group CEO Ray Gammell
Ray Gammell
Pros
  • "Good travel benefits and a chance to maximise your potential(in 38 reviews)

• "a great environment and helpful people to be work with, good salary(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long Hours, away from family if you're an expact(in 17 reviews)

• "exhausting, long work hours, constant fatique, pressure from management, base in Abu Dhabi is pretty boring(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "abu dhabi"

Return to all Reviews

"Horrible Work Ethics & Racism"

1.0

I worked at Etihad Airways full-time

Pros

Abu Dhabi is great for family life. Expats make it worthy to live there!

Cons

There is racism at work surprisingly the Eniratis are very nice people to work with. The problem lies with the Operations & Training. Unfair practices and bookworms make human touch difficult. I would not recommend this company to anyone who wants a stable job!!

2. "."

2.0
    Current Employee - Department Head in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi

I have been working at Etihad Airways full-time

Pros

Abu Dhabi is a nice city

Cons

Disadvantaged as an expat compared to locals

"better go to Emirates"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Etihad Airways full-time for more than a year

Pros

fun, lots of travelling, ok salary, nice uniform

"Good experience"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew

I worked at Etihad Airways full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The overall pack was amazing. The money is good and it's all for yourself because you don't pay taxes. Accomodation is provided or housing allowance is paid in addition to the salary. We stayed in overall nice hotels and most layovers were nice although most of them were 24 hours. We had a lot of discounts at stores and restaurants... Abu Dhabi is a nice city to live in

Cons

Long working hours with sometimes minimum rest hours between flights. This was exhausting and you reach a point where you can't get out of bed. The company's vision has been unclear for the last three years and constant change in management and restructuring affected the business and the passengers' experience. Which meant it was up to the crew to defend the company's reputation onboard the aircraft when passengers got onboard and complained about the constant changes. There was a culture of bullying which unfortunately was not addressed much. Hierarchy is everything on board and if the captain tells you off for no reason, nothing you can do about it because his word weighs more than yours. There was no pay raise for four years. Most Cabin managers hold their posts because they have been with the company for so many years. Passengers can tell you off, be rude to you, shout at you and call you names and you still can't defend yourself because if you speak back, you'll probably end up with a warning (passengers are always right in this company)

5. "Top"

I worked at Etihad Airways full-time

Pros

Top company in Abu Dhabi. Very good ambiance and environment. Beautiful office and good managemrnt

Cons

Nothing to say. Just a pity that they had to lay off people due to the decrease of the income

6. "Nice company"

I worked at Etihad Airways

Pros

Travelling the world, great benefits, living in Abu Dhabi, lots of discounts for hotels and car rentals, good salary

Cons

Very busy and tiring schedule sometimes

7. "Was fun working there"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi

I worked at Etihad Airways full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed the freedom in Abu Dhabi, compared to other countries in the Middle east where I have lived. It's a nice place to live.

Cons

No real understanding and concern from management to our problems.

8. "CabinCrew"

I have been working at Etihad Airways full-time

Pros

Good pay , great travel benefits , and almost all expenses covered . No seniority so it’s a great airline for new joiners to have the chance of flying to new destinations.

Cons

All cabin crew have to be based in Abu Dhabi ; therefor very far for many staff. Rosters can be extremely busy.

9. "Finance intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Etihad Airways

Pros

Really got the chance to learn many interesting stuff across the aviation industry and broadened horizons with a highly dynamic and diverse team.

Cons

Life in Abu Dhabi is not as fun as Dubai.

10. "Captain"

I have been working at Etihad Airways full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Benefits even after some changes on the medical insurance for family members

Cons

Low salary and living cost in Abu Dhabi

Found 39 reviews