Eventbrite "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Eventbrite Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Jun 3, 2019

4.3
Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Julia Hartz
Julia Hartz
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains associated with a scaling company: some disorganization at the senior level can give individual contributors whiplash and cause burnout(in 15 reviews)

• "There are a lot of changes as expected with a growing company, but sometimes I feel the communication could be better(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Great People, Growing Company"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eventbrite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great office perks, creative team and cool industry.

Cons

Growing pains associated with a scaling company: some disorganization at the senior level can give individual contributors whiplash and cause burnout.

Eventbrite2019-06-03
  2. "Disrupting Tech"

I worked at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Great leadership and growing really fast

Cons

With such fast growth, they ran into growing pains

Eventbrite2019-02-17
  3. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many pro's about working at Eventbrite: -autonomy and empowered to make our own decisions - great culture in Melbourne with many perks (lunches, dog friendly office, team outings) - flexible working arrangement - fast growing team with many opportunities - market with a huge amount of opportunity with a platform which is the clear leader in the market

Cons

Very few con's to note: - growth of the team - sometimes the processes can take awhile to catch up and you need to have a flexible attitude to deal with some growing pains

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! As the company grows, let's try to maintain the existing culture and keep empowering your staff as you do currently, very refreshing!

Eventbrite2018-05-28

"on the upswing!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than a year

Pros

fast growing company, smart people, lots of creativity and enthusiasm, thoughtful leadership willing to try new things CFO is very funny and great to work with

Cons

growing pains, learning as we go, unclear internal communication at times, lots to do

Advice to Management

continue striving, learning and improving

Eventbrite2018-05-10

"4 years later and I still love coming to work every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I couldn't be more proud to work for a company like Eventbrite. Beyond the amazing benefits (...and they ARE amazing - and just keep getting better!), and my co-workers who have become my family, I feel challenged and fulfilled with the work that I do. I can see where my work makes an impact for the company at large and I feel supported by direct manager, my c-level manager, and my team. There is so much... transparency, and ability to ask questions to management up to CEO level, but you have to take advantage of the opportunities. (ie: asking questions in Hearts to Hartz and being open in team meetings and your 1:1's with your manager if you have questions or issues to address) I'd say even after two major acquisitions last year, we're operating at the best I've seen in my 4 years at the company, and I'm so excited to see where 2018 takes us!

Cons

There were some growing pains last year that I think some people felt more than others, but I'm seeing action being taken to solve those issues. So, while I'd put this as a "con" for last year - It's actually more of a "pro" for this year.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and listening to your team. 1:1's are important, so always keep them consistent, no matter how busy you get!

Eventbrite2018-01-16

"A company with vision, dedication, and heart."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting growth with recent acquisition Solid benefits Elevated, mature workforce Dedication from senior leadership to continue diversity initiatives Challenging, yet fulfilling, problems to solve Supported as a working parent and to maintain a healthy work/life balance

Cons

As with any company, there are growing pains that come along with change. However, no significant 'cons' that I've encountered in my time here.

Eventbrite2017-10-13

"I'm excited to come to work every day"

in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Eventbrite

Pros

I've never felt more excited about working for a company than I have Eventbrite. The autonomy I have to work really helps me prioritize what I think is most important. I'm not micromanaged, but I have weekly meetings with my manager. We operate in an environment where transparency, personal all around wellness, and team building are three of the biggest tenets. I feel like the work that I do really means something... and brings added value to the company as a whole, and my coworkers are like my family. I'm so happy I made the desicion to work here.

Cons

Like every job, there are ups and downs. Growing pains happen and not everything is perfect, but I love having the open dialogue to talk to the CEO and all levels of management about anything I'm feeling uneasy about.

Advice to Management

I don't know if all teams operate with as much communication as mine does. I would urge all leaders to keep an open dialogue with their teams.

Eventbrite2016-09-08
  8. "Great company, great culture!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Eventbrite is a wonderful place to work. There is an overall culture of trust, openness and transparency that is truly unique for a company this size. Most individuals and teams are extremely collaborative and cross-functional dynamics are very strong. Benefits, perks and work/life balance are excellent. There is a great mix of small-company drive and energy and larger-company maturity.

Cons

Would be good to have clearer career growth opportunities. A few growing pains, but to be expected at this stage in the company's evolution.

Advice to Management

Empower individuals to rise from within the ranks to more senior positions.

Eventbrite2016-08-12
  9. "Great Environment to work and grow with"

Security Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eventbrite

Pros

Great work life balance, good and helpful culture, people want to see you succeed and help each other a lot, very casual and friendly environment. Teams are small so you get to learn a lot!

Cons

Some growing pains as the company is still growing

Eventbrite2016-08-10

"UK office"

I have been working at Eventbrite full-time

Pros

Great team, culture and atmosphere. Growing aggressively both in size and stature. An office of committed and open people. Great technology in a market ready for disruption.

Cons

With high growth there will always be some growing pains but nothing out of the ordinary

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and open dialogue

Eventbrite2016-03-16