Experience Works Employee Reviews about "many times"

Updated 17 May 2019

Experience Works Co-Acting CEO, VP Operations, and Assistant Secretary Sally Boofer (no image)
Sally Boofer
Pros
  • "Services to older workers in hard to serve communities(in 9 reviews)

• "I liked making contact's with other non-profit programs(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "of Labor would support EW more than it does(in 4 reviews)

• "Many times you are placed in a receptionist or janitorial position with no means of advancement(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "many times"

Return to all Reviews

"Avoid Experience Works At All Cost"

1.0
    Current Employee - Exploited Senior in Billings, MT

I have been working at Experience Works full-time

Pros

A life learning night mare.

Experience Works2019-05-17

"Experience Works is a nonprofit whose focus is to get age 55+ back into the workforce"

2.0
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Searcy, AR

I have been working at Experience Works part-time for more than a year

Pros

You can if you are savvy convince your overworked supervisor at Experience Works to approach an other nonprofit not on its list of which you know your skills will be recognized and learn additional skills. Sometimes you can get hired at the place you have sought as a host agency (place of work).

Cons

Many times you are placed in a receptionist or janitorial position with no means of advancement. Very humiliating for those truly wanting to get back into the workforce and have worked at higher levels with degrees. In addition, you are paid minimum wage - which is fair if you were given opportunities at host agencies to further your skillsets but this doesn't happen very often. Look for a 20 hour work week at best.

Experience Works2017-02-27
  3. "Office Receptionist"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Experience Works

Pros

I was able to work with many different Host Agencies. I enjoyed Mustard Seed Wellness Clinic, Interfaith Volunteers, and Linc. I was able to broaden my skills, communication, and office abilities in different settings. I love working with people whether in person or on phone.

Cons

Experience Works Program is to help older adults find work but many times the people do not find suitable jobs. The program lasts 4 years and we search for work while on the program but it doesn't guarantee job. I am still searching (I never give up).

Experience Works2015-05-10

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews