Cover image for ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil

Is this your company?

ExxonMobil

Add a Review

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews about "good pay"

3.6
64% Recommend to a Friend
ExxonMobil Chairman & CEO Darren Woods
55% Approve of CEO
3.6
ExxonMobil Chairman & CEO Darren Woods
Darren Woods
2,648 Ratings

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "well paid and good benefit(in 611 reviews)
  • "Good pay and ability to move up(in 482 reviews)
  • "Great for people who enjoy structured environment and established procedures (ie military).(in 453 reviews)
  • "Salary if good but lower(in 400 reviews)
  • "Work life balance and good for family(in 277 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and ranking system(in 317 reviews)
  • "Management promotes a toxic culture(in 211 reviews)
  • "There are way too many managers and too many p(in 120 reviews)
  • "Long hours and sometimes get slated into roles you have little interest in due to someone quitting even when expressed areas of interest(in 97 reviews)
  • "Some supervisors have to cover 2(in 66 reviews)
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Houston, TX
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay for a civil engineer that can't be beat working for traditional civil engineering companies. Good work/life balance (most people get into the office by around 8am, and the parking garage is cleared out by 5pm). Good flexibility in working remotely if needed for doctor appointments, etc. Great networking opportunities within the company and you can have fun playing the corporate 'game.' You get a new position every 2-3 years so never get pigeon holed into doing only 1 thing.

Cons

Everybody in my group quit (a trend these days), so my hours have been closer to 12+ hr days. Honestly I'm just not passionate about oil and gas. The pay can't be beat if you're a civil engineer, which is why I decided to give the job a chance. I'm actively looking for jobs elsewhere now because I can't scratch the itch for wanting to work on a civil infrastructure or building construction project (the reason I chose to get my degree in civil engineering).

1. 2.0
        23 Aug 2023
        Upstream Business Advisor
        Former Employee, more than 5 years
        Spring, TX
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good but everything else is meh especially when you have a bunch of Type-A thinking they are the smartest people in the world.

Cons

You have to work for Exxon.

2. Join the ExxonMobil team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,104 Reviews
      </>Embed

Popular Careers with ExxonMobil Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Glassdoor has 9,973 ExxonMobil reviews submitted anonymously by ExxonMobil employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if ExxonMobil is right for you.