F10 Search & Selection Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

F10 Search & Selection Reviews

Updated 26 Nov 2019

2.7
F10 Search & Selection Founder & CEO Mark Flawn (no image)
Mark Flawn
  1. "Outdated"

I worked at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than a year

Pros

Didn’t mind spending money on company meals

Cons

It was ran by quite a macho male team, one of which rather fancied himself (CEO). On one occasion we were dining out and he tried to spoon feed me some of his desert, even with his wife sat at the table. I had to politely take the spoon from him even though I still wasn’t comfortable as it had already been in his mouth. A little too intimate for my liking. They also give very flowery compliments about you, your ability and what your role will be only to tell the next person in line exactly the same thing. This made it all seem somewhat fake and a rather scripted speech. Their choice of employees was rather questionable and they seemed a poor judge of character where some of their employees were concerned.

Advice to Management

Lose the flowery compliments and replace with more honest feedback relevant to that individual person. Be more professional and a little less smarmy!

F10 Search & Selection2019-11-26
  2. "Not been paid"

I worked at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some good people, and some good accounts

Cons

Flat atmosphere Small Undermanaged Limited training and progression Struggling for cash so sometimes delays wages. Last month was over a week.. some ex employees still not been paid..

Advice to Management

Pay your staff on time Train your people Get a manager And add people to your business..

F10 Search & Selection2018-05-11
  3. "Small but talented - Needs to discover their identity"

I worked at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Staff who are experts in their chosen fields. - this can be taken 2 ways, but it is not a typical sales office. dedicated, long-term recruiters who play a longer game - Good basic pay and commission potential - Excellent tools - internal database, linkedin recruiter etc - good parking facilities close to supermarkets and a park. has its own kitchen

Cons

- slightly outdated views on recruitment. currently work to a 30 year old procedure of how to recruit - too much reliance on long-term major accounts, rather than bringing in new clients to swelll opportunities - long standard hours of 08.30 - 18.00 - no natural leaders

Advice to Management

look to bring in more accounts, and try new methods rather than expecting reference checking to solve this. That aside, team fit is key and the right group could flourish.

F10 Search & Selection2016-11-09
  4. "Small But Mighty"

I worked at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great colleagues with a generally positive and friendly work atmosphere and a fun but not enforced or excessive social culture outside of work as well. - Skilled and knowledgeable employees, some of the best I've worked with in the industry. - Company may be small but is able to deliver way beyond expectation and out compete companies many times their size due to the calibre of their staff and quality of their systems and processes an innovation. - One of the most honest, trustworthy and moral recruitment organisations I have worked for. - Usually pragmatic approach from the management team to solving issues of any kind. - Approachable mid and senior level management. - Not micro managed unless people were struggling. - Commission structure is good and fair. - Relative freedom to operate and innovate in ways you see fit with active encouragement to be a thought leader and expert in an area of your choice. - They invest in new technology where they think it will help and are open to discussions on process improvement. - Opportunities to do more than just 'hit the phones' with chance to get involved in internal process improvement, industry exhibitions, innovative sourcing, industry presentations and anything else justifiably beneficial if you are willing to seek it out. - They recognise that whilst the bottom line is the end goal and people need to be profitable, their staff's worth and skill is measured in more than just the figures they are bringing in.

Cons

- Sometimes felt like there were as many managers as there were other staff which could feel a bit strange at times, particularly when sensitive information was communicated to the management team in a weekly meeting meaning half the staff knew already and could make you feel a bit left out. - Small company so can sometimes feel a little unstable if the business is going through a bit of a rough patch but this is the same with any small business, just be aware of this if you are joining. - As with a lot of recruitment businesses there feels like there is an unspoken pressure to stay late, particularly if people are struggling performance wise. Whilst this is no where near as bad as in some recruitment businesses and does work for some people I personally think this should be something that is an individual choice rather than part of a business culture with management pressure behind it as it can lead to greater stress, poorer work/life balance and affect/worry others in the office even if it isn't aimed at them.

Advice to Management

- Carry on with the good work. - Keep communications to staff as simple as possible rather than filtering it down through the managers unless it is really required. - Get rid of the last vestiges of the pressure to work late by discouraging the occasional sarcastic comments when people leave the office and by stressing that it is one of many potential options rather than an obligation when people are struggling.

F10 Search & Selection2014-09-08
  5. "Having worked for F10 Recruitment for a number of years, I believe it is one of the best companies I have worked for."

Current Employee - Major Account Director in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very approachable and honest leadership team Nice working environment Hard working staff who believe in helping eachother Strong client base Strong reputation with our clients Always busy with lots of roles to fill Good training for new starters and ongoing support to junior staff from experienced team members Investment in technology and tools

Cons

My only negative is that the comany are 30 miles from where I live. However I have continued to do this trip for nearly 8 years, so wouldn't do it unless the company was a great place to work

Advice to Management

Please make sure that you only bring in hard working employees with a track record of success in the recruitment industry. We have to guard against negative people who give up too easilly, aren't prepared to take on critism, aren't prepared for the fight that you have to show to be successful and those that tend to bring others down.

F10 Search & Selection2014-07-01
  6. "Innovative and forward thinking"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is constantly challenging itself and the people that work here to improve the working conditions that we have with our clients. They have invested in a new facility in the North East and new technology and have a unique proposition that we are just starting to take to market.

Cons

Its a very work focused environment. Expectations on individuals are high.

Advice to Management

Mix up the incentives on offer. Its not all about the commissions.

F10 Search & Selection2014-05-20
  7. "Blame culture"

Former Employee - Consultant in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good incentives when honoured, free hot drinks and parking. Nice location and friendly employees.

Cons

High turn over of staff, inconsistent management style, no support given when consultants are struggling. Everyone else's fault but the management team.

Advice to Management

Good management leads to retention of staff and successful results.

F10 Search & Selection2014-06-22
  8. "Inconsistent"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at F10 Search & Selection full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful team spirit Nice offices with free parking

Cons

Poor and inconsistent management decisions Struggling financially Poor commission plan for Consultants

Advice to Management

Need for better employee/management communications

F10 Search & Selection2013-09-08

"Absolutely perfect"

Current Employee - Specialist Resourcer in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at F10 Search & Selection full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely people Open office Range of ages Apprentice academy Growing company Free parking Benefit scheme is wonderful Fantastic support from the directors

Cons

Sometimes very quiet due to the small office and people popping out to lunch which can sometimes make it hard to have a call with a candidate due to embarrassment. Technically in the office there are three companies running, it would be nice if there was a little more division

Advice to Management

More people, bigger offices

F10 Search & Selection2013-01-04