Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • work-life balance is also not great (in 252 reviews)

• Even when there's no pressure from the manager to work long hours, you often see people working (in 59 reviews)

"Not the Best place if you hate Happiness, Positive Vibe, Perks and Moving-Fast!"

Current Employee - Strategic Partner Manager in Chennai
    Current Employee - Strategic Partner Manager in Chennai

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a Facebooker is a matter of pride for me. To be more specific, my 9 years of work experience in other companies prior to Facebook never had a profound impact on my personal life.
    But the moment I joined Facebook, I could feel that while I identify with the values of “Be Bold, Focus on Impact, Move Fast, Be Open & Build Social Value” officially; these values have also cascaded into my personal life. I am very proud to reflect my company values in my personal life too!

Cons

Sometimes you get too busy!

2. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great work culture - Smart people - Supportive managers -Good employee satisfaction

Cons

- management should be more transparent

3. "" Great Place to work " Facebook Bangalore"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant Manager in Bengaluru
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant Manager in Bengaluru

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cons

Sometimes you get too busy!

4. "Great company to work for-they spoil you with all the good things"

Former Employee - Analyst in Hyderabad
    Former Employee - Analyst in Hyderabad

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work space, "It's all about the quality of the work, the power of your conviction, and the ability to influence people."

Cons

Can get busy sometimes

"Kickass company"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Hyderabad
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Hyderabad

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An amazing company to work for offering a plethora of opportunities. Transparent and no BS.

Cons

Need to maintain a high energy all the time. Hard for introverts to work at.

Advice to Management

Need to take long term strategic decisions

"A little too dynamic for their own good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Pros

- Open, positive culture (it really is): goals are assigned to you at the beginning of the half mostly basis your strength areas

- Opportunity to work with one of the industry leaders in online media - the platform and its underlying are a tech enthusiast's dream

-Not a 'hire and fire' company. They really care about their employees.

- Lavish, almost extravagant benefits: you can get spa massages reimbursed, for instance.

Cons

- Facebook feels like a young and aggressive teenager. Granted, its prime focus is to grab a bigger slice of pie from Google but that seems to be driving its entire business strategy.

- Hyderabad undergoes re-orgs way too frequently, which has resulted in mass attrition with several senior managers moving on.

- Under-hiring talent: There is no difference between the role/designation of an ISB MBA with 3 years of solid work ex and an undergrad fresher from a local college. HR needs to work out this motivational deterrent else attrition is set to rise.

- Inverted pyramid hiring in the sales team: Way too many senior and mid-level managers are being hired as individual contributors for roles that are given to college grads in other locations. Limited growth opportunities because of this.

Advice to Management

Please rethink your hiring bar, especially in Hyderabad. Some of the full-timers can barely communicate and several mid-level managers are NOT a culture fit.

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hyderabad
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hyderabad

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

really good place to work

Cons

not really great in terms of compensation

"Good work culture"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Independence to drive project
    2. Working with a lot of cross functional partners and learning how people with different background work

Cons

1. A lot of Hierarchy in India office
    2. Difficult to maintain work life balance

"Community Operations - Hyderabad"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facilities given to the employee, to travel to work and at work are very good. They try to provide a very comfortable enviornment to work.

Cons

1. The Hiring department of the company is below par. Only importance is given to Work experience not essentially in the area of expertise required. Employees coming from Premier graduation and Post graduate insitutes are considered at the same level as that of candidates from local institutes(probably done to save cost of relcoation, not expected of such a big brand)
    2. The talent across Hyderabad floor and across international offices (I have visited 2) are extremely mediocre, essentially because of point number 1.
    3. The attitude of collaboration and working as a team, is severly lacking in most hires in the company.
    4. The middle and senior management is hogwash and power rests in the hands of 1/2 managers who play office politics well.
    5. Middle level managers are totally impotent, Because essentially they have no power which is attributed to managers in a usual organizational set up.

Advice to Management

1. Improving hiring techniques, more experience =! Good hire, Education Pedigree is equally important
    2. Do not undergo Reorganization frequently, classic strategy to lose good talent, Though one may be arrogant enough to attract good talent time and again but things do cap off and Name spreads like fire in the market!

"Manager Sales"

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

stocks that they give and the travel and food along with it. Also, the kind of people that you work with

Cons

not too much really for the enterprises to use out of facebook hence it very hard to sell, mostly lacking innovation for enterprises.

Advice to Management

be innovative so that there are more ways for us to attack the customer and take the sales ahead.

Showing 1,426 of 2,772 reviews