Facebook "free food" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Facebook Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Nov 17, 2019

3.9
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg
Pros
  • "free food and transport are great(in 333 reviews)

• "Working with really smart people(in 275 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Mindblowing!"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Hyderābād

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great deal of flexibility Most amazing senior management and some of the best mentors The perfect place to kickstart your career and learn about the corporate A dynamic organization with well defined structures. But not so rigidly defined that you lose out on flexibility free food, great parties and offsites, intellectual and passionate people and the best culture

Cons

Low compensation and long working hours ( though largely a personal choice)

Facebook2014-02-24
  2. "Excellent office"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Mumbai
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Facebook for more than a year

Pros

Amazing office Good Parties Brand Name Work is great Free Food Pick up and Drop

Cons

As a contractor no matter what role you are working on, the company can easily get rid of you. With just a month's notice you could be informed that your team is going to be dissolved.

Advice to Management

With the amount of time invested in training an individual employee especially for contractors, the company should be more mindful before letting go of their resources so easily. It feels like they don;t care and it's not a great feeling

Facebook2018-03-05
  3. "Great place to work and be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- free food on the site - snacks provided on a daily basis - great opportunity to work with very diverse people from all over the world

Cons

- sometimes it is very hard to get promoted without knowing anyone on a higher position

Advice to Management

- give a chance to everyone - not only people from your circle

Facebook2019-11-17

"It doesn't get better than this"

Current Employee - Partner Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Free food - Great comp - Smart people - Amazing offices - Great career plan

Cons

- Your manager can make or break your experience. I've heard from people that have terrible managers and it honestly feels like they work for a different company, their stories are so different from mine. - Bi-yearly review cycles are very tiresome and drive everyone into short-sighted decisions about prioritization.

Advice to Management

- Encourage more risk-taking and reward long-term projects during performance reviews. Discourage myopic decision-making.

Facebook2019-11-06

"Stay Away from Product Solutions Manager / Solutions Architect"

Current Employee - Product Solutions Manager in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Experience working at a big American company - Travel - Free food and snacks - Some people from other teams seem to be happy as long as they have a good manager (not easy)

Cons

- ‎ Zero growth opportunities and promotions - ‎ Not many other roles to move to internally - ‎ Weak leadership, allows bullying and bias (global issue) - Toxic environment

Advice to Management

- There is a disconnect between management and the teams - Improve manager and director recruitment and evaluation process within Partner Engineering org

Facebook2019-11-13
  6. "A great place to work"

Former Intern - Data Science Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook for less than a year

Pros

The work and company culture are engaging, fast-paced, and collaborative, allowing employees and interns opportunities for both personal and professional growth and the chance to leave a lasting impact. I felt that I had access to numerous resources and opportunities throughout the course of my internships, such as fireside chats and Q&As, workshops, one-on-one meetings with my managers and higher-ups, and... social activities. The free food and housing was a major plus :)

Cons

Interns are often expected to pick up unfamiliar material and abilities on their own, but this is a great learning opportunity.

Facebook2019-10-30

"Incredibly difficult to go full-time"

Current Contractor - Marketing in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook for more than a year

Pros

- transportation - free food - smart and interesting coworkers

Cons

- career growth for contractors are extremely limited - many contractors work over time because they feel responsible for meeting quotas and not billing - most full time positions are management level (5 years minimum)

Advice to Management

There should be a career center or more support for contractors who are incredibly knowledgeable and experienced that could be placed somewhere else in the company.

Facebook2019-10-20
  8. "Great Fast Culture"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Facebook for less than a year

Pros

Free food, amazing culture, great work

Cons

Externally, it seems like the company doesn't have a great reputation

Facebook2019-10-25

"Check your rights at the door"

Former Contractor - Front End Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook for less than a year

Pros

Free food, fun campus, nice people.

Cons

Contractors are treated like second-class citizens with no rights. If there is a dispute between you and an employee they will automatically side with the employee. Everything you say and do will eventually come back to haunt you so watch out! Turn over is huge and contractors are terminated in a heartbeat.

Advice to Management

All that free food does not make up for treating contractors like they are invisible and have no rights, only responsibilities.

Facebook2019-11-06

"Some hard work needed"

Former Employee - Technical Sourcer in London, England

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Perks: gym coverage, free food, health insurance, snacks (maybe that's a con, I gained loads), public transport pass coverage (you'll need it) * I've worked with some of the nicest and most engaged hiring managers here that helped solve recruiting challenges * Recruiting tools are literally the best in the business.

Cons

* The pressure to perform is insane; hitting my target + delivering on projects was just barely enough to get a meets all during the perf cycle * Roles are becoming increasingly small and marginalised as the team continues to scale. As a result, you see people jumping (literally) on to projects to set themselves apart from the rest of the team. It makes for a bit of a cut-throat culture just around the time when... PSC hits * If you're interviewing at facebook, prepare for a ride with R4R - they'll probably won't speak to you again after you've signed the contract * While there are exceptions, the culture in the recruiting team is just weird. It sort of reminds me of high school. There's cliques, people gossip and there's for sure a couple of bullies: either people wouldn't even say a word to you or would go out of their way to make you feel like you're weird or different (to be honest, that also included my manager). * Ads Credits & being forced to dog-food beta apps: I'm a huge instagram fan and big user - so being forced to update my apps multiple times a day was a nightmare. * The perks are nice but salary/bonus are nothing to write home about: base is somewhat competitive but expect around 85-90% of the bonus you're promised in your offer letter.

Advice to Management

Try to aim for diversity rather than copy/pasting R4R hiring.

Facebook2019-10-22