FactSet Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Consultant Reviews

Updated 26 Mar 2020

3.8
FactSet President and CEO Phil Snow (no image)
Phil Snow
  1. "Salary"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Mumbai

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Culture. Work and Life balance.

Cons

Low Base Pay. Not enough opportunities

FactSet2018-08-07
  2. "It was good"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Mumbai

I have been working at FactSet full-time for less than a year

Pros

The working condition was good

Cons

The compensation was not good

FactSet2013-12-18

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is a big thing in my opinion. The group of people you're going to be working with is anywhere from 22-30 range usually. I think management has done a great job at hiring the people that fit well in the group dynamic and allow for growth as a team. WORK LIFE BALANCE IS AMAZING. My day is always 8:30-5:30 no if's and or buts. Some perks are great, the time off (especially in CA) is awesome right out of the gate and allows for needed days off. Management is extremely accomodating and willing to work with you in any situation. This seems even more true now with the COVID-19 problems, management has been communicative and had a full plan set in place for such an event. They have been doing everything to keep us communicating, including virtual happy hours, fun email chains, etc. and I think one of the unspoken things that have been really good is their continued health care reassurance as well as continuously telling us as a whole that we have the ability to do free teleconferencing with therapists. Even before this though, when someone is sick, when someone just needs a day to themselves, everything is sorted no questions asked. Overall, while I will list some cons, I think the Pros (many that I haven't listed) outweigh the negatives.

Cons

So these will more or less be my own thoughts and might not be the same for other consultants in other offices. 1) While C-Suite has listened to us and given us a cost of living raise this past year, we're still considered low-income by more than 10k in NY, SF and LA-based on HUD guidelines.. I understand margins here, but if you don't want people to leave, you can't only give semi-annual raises that barely beat inflation. 2) The system for promotions is awful. It's actually the main reason I am leaving. Every person who comes in knows the cycle, 6 months CSDP, 1.5 years of consulting, then off to sales or specialist role, then another 2 years. You're losing a lot of great talent because you're sticking to these arbitrary timelines that make people question why they'd stay somewhere with limited upside (albeit, guaranteed). It just feels like you should be rewarding people on merit, rather than on time alone. 3) Healthcare and other perks: Healthcare, not great, 401K not great but not bad (4% match right out of the gate with vesting as time goes on), the lunch is most cities pays for like 1/2 to 2/3 but the options are so stale... It'd be more prudent to just give us per diem of the set amount and allow us to use it as we please (whether that be to buy groceries to eat healthier, etc.

FactSet2020-03-26
  4. "Outstanding Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting, Challenging, Good Progression Opportunities, Focus on Development, Great Working Environment, Collaborative

Cons

Hierarchical structure, very little else

FactSet2020-03-20
  5. "First job, still okay company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall a nice company with minimal finger pointing culture, people help each other out and its a known thing here that we win as a team. Pretty laidback, compared to other asian firms we do less OT here, less politics.

Cons

Other than sales or analytics there is a limit to what you can do within APAC since most of the developers or strategists are based in EMEA/USA. Change in management do affect work morale and performance though.

FactSet2020-03-17
  6. "Young Company with Excellent Workforce, Underpaid Roles"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros

FactSet has a bright and energetic young workforce and strong company culture. In my time there, I was often encouraged to push myself not just by management, but by my peers. The company makes an earnest effort to involve employees in office leadership opportunities from an early point and is always supportive of employees who want to make their mark in a positive way

Cons

Pay is low given the responsibilities and requirements of the job, especially in consulting. Turnover is high due to the somewhat low pay, which is the only negative impact on morale that I observed in my time at the company

FactSet2020-02-20
  7. "Poor management"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros

- sociable, collaborative environment - exposure to finance/tech knowledge at early stage of career

Cons

- hard work is not valued or recognised - unfair workload allocation and blame you for the work you don't have time for even though you constantly stay late to get critical work done - Management is just extremely disappointing. All I have learnt from my manager is to come in on time and leave on time, putting in extra efforts or time just to get things done will be disregarded. - Understandable that each account is different and it will be impossible to achieve an absolutely equal allocation, but managers did not put in any effort to understand what workload their employees are on and never assess their performance accordingly

FactSet2020-03-24
  8. "Okay"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team, Free Lunch, Benefits, 401k

Cons

Pay isn't all that great.

FactSet2020-02-19
  9. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance interesting people interesting culture

Cons

compensation long term career development offices outside of the US & England can be left in the dark and dont reap as many of the training or career development benefits.

FactSet2020-02-07
  10. "Well structured internship"

Former Intern - Client Solutions Consultant in London, England

I worked at FactSet for less than a year

Pros

-A very good and friendly company culture -Ongoing support from managers -Given lots of different tasks -Amazing work/life balance

Cons

The long formal training process before getting any client work.

FactSet2020-01-22