Family First Life Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 25 April 2019

4.9
Shawn Meaike

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A week after that I saw an ad for Family First Life" (in 124 reviews)

• "The income I am making would not be possible without the support I got from EVERYONE at Family First Life" (in 119 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons except wish I there was a Family First Life when I started out" (in 18 reviews)

• "There are no cons for me working for myself" (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best IMO in the industry!!"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family First Life has provided the best training, resources and compensation that im able to more than triple the income what I can do in corporate america working 60-80 hrs a week in only 40 hours so I have time with my family, and on my schedule. FFL you are vested day 1, paid top comp and plenty of leads. FFL has not only helped my family financially but helped me be a better person working on a team of positive people and resources to grow.

Cons

You are independent and have to plug into the resources so your success is a result of your work ethic.

Advice to Management

If its not broken dont fix it, best company ive ever worked for, keep doing what youre doing!

2. "Unbelievable"

Current Employee - Independent Insurance Agent in New Orleans, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Independent Insurance Agent in New Orleans, LA (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have grown as a person since I have joined Family First Life. I have become passionate about helping people with coverage to ensure their financial future. In turn Family First Life takes care of my financial future. I can't say enough good about what I do and the company I work for.

Cons

Family First Life has changed my life in so many good ways and there are no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Shawn Meaike is an outstanding leader who was a high producer in the field. He is the real deal.

3. "Great Job!"

Current Employee - Agent in Omaha, NE (US)
    Current Employee - Agent in Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have always worked hard but never thought I would make such an incredible living. I sell products to help protect families from catastrophe. My compensation for this service is incredible. I get work hard but I am paid for the work I do. I am supported and trained well. I have my future in my own hands.

Cons

Make sure you have an accountant. This is a business.

Advice to Management

Proud to be part of this organization that has invested in me!

4. "Outstanding"

Current Employee - Independent Insurance Agent in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Independent Insurance Agent in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Joined Family First Life at the very beginning and I got to help shape this company. It's been a wild ride, and I am proud of the company we all build one policy - one person helped at a time. I love how we have grown but have kept the start up feel. Proud to be part of disrupting insurance.

Cons

Shawn Meaike thanks for your leadership and mentorship.

Advice to Management

I have no cons to report. This is a great organiation.

5. "I am new"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Aurora, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Aurora, IL (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's been a whirlwind joining Family First Life. The learning curve has been steep. Getting my license was easy but learning how to work this job has been a challenge. I am impressed by how much support I have on each and every call. I have people to call and they answer their phones. Right from the get-go, they wanted to make sure I made money to survive and now I am going to thrive!

Cons

I have yet to find anything close to a con at this company.

Advice to Management

Thank you for incredible ammount of training and support. You guys set this up right.

6. "Great"

Current Employee - Agent in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Agent in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knew I was never going to retire working my 9 to 5 and decided to leap into working for myself. Knew it would be a huge change but I did it. WOW, It took a little while, but I really started making money after 90 days. My wife after seeing how this works has decided to join me. We are going to get leads nationwide and travel and sell all across the country this summer taking a few extra days in each place. So amazing. Why didn't I do this sooner?

Cons

I love making this much money and having freedom. No cons here.

Advice to Management

It is easy to follow the the system laid out for everyone. If I can learn it anyone can.

7. "Great company for women"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family First Life is a great company for women. Some of the highest producers are women and this is not just an old boys club. They have a woman's panel at all of their annual conferences and regularly have trainings like why women need annuities. Woman can and will succeed at Family First Life. I love it!

Cons

This is not an easy job but I love the challenge.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your all the forward thinking in this company.

8. "Not what I expected"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Family First Life part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Needed a part-time job to help with the grad school tuition. A friend pointed me in the direction of Family First Life knowing I had my insurance license and I had an interest in annuities. Love this job. I am learning more about annuities than I ever thought possible and I can see the great reasons why they would be good for a retirement portfolio for so many reasons. Having Tom Hegna at the Annual Convention was just amazing.

Cons

It's hard to juggle appointments and school but that is not Family First Life's fault.

Advice to Management

Adanced Market Sales Live is brillant. Thank you

9. "Live Well"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glad I found Family First Life. Love the flexibility and culture. Free training available 24/7 online, well organized, and great compensation. Decent leads. I am happy.

Cons

Get an accountant. This is a independent contractor job and your taxes will be due!

10. "Thanks FFL"

Current Employee - Life Insurance in Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Life Insurance in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Family First Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I decided to get my insurance license on my time off of teaching in the summer. I researched the web and chose Family First Life. What a challenge the first 30 days were! I loved it but had no idea what I was doing. The challenge really woke me up and I really loved working in the field helping families. I returned to teaching and kept working with FFL on weekends and holidays. I discovered that my heart was no longer in teaching and I decided to help the world a different way! I decided to join FFL full time and I never looked back. I am incredibly fulfilled. It's a good life!

Cons

I miss having my summers off but overall I am happier and this is much more flexible. No cons really.

Advice to Management

The postive culture you have cultivated changes so many lives - clients and agents. Thank you.