FedEx Ground Reviews

3.5
FedEx Ground President and CEO Henry J. Maier
Henry J. Maier
1,822 Ratings
Pros
  • "Good pay for the job you are doing(in 472 reviews)

• "Good work environment, good benefits(in 267 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours during the busy season and mandatory 6 day work weeks(in 193 reviews)

• "There are no benefits with ground(in 173 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Nice"

Former Employee - Package Handler in Coimbatore South

I worked at FedEx Ground part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good leadership qualities by the managers

Cons

Not easy to pick up packages

2. "awesome"

Current Employee - Groundskeeper in New Delhi

I have been working at FedEx Ground full-time for more than a year

Pros

good place to work and get experience

Cons

not any cons as such

3. "pleasant"

I have been working at FedEx Ground full-time

Pros

it has good work life balance

Cons

too much hierarchy and stagnation.

4. "It's not a Job; It's human abuse. Company is negative influence on society."

1.0
    Former Employee - Package Handler

I worked at FedEx Ground part-time for more than a year

Pros

Literally nothing. I can't think of a single thing. You don't get any benefit working here.

Cons

It's not a job; It's human abuse. This company uses people and treats them like trash. Please, don't work here, unless you don't have any other option. If the warehouse is loading 18foot trailers by hand, don't do the job -- just don't do it. This company and warehouse has such terrible conditions, creates depravity, pushes people to the brink, which probably contributes to crime in the community, drug overdoses, and death. They shouldn't be allowed to be an employer - they have absolutely no respect for human life. The way they stay in business is by tricking people into working there. They'll advertise high starting wages all over town, and then limit your hours, and tax your body until you'll go to the doctors. But people keep signing up. The company keeps cycling through workers, and the workers stay for 3-8 months until they realize it's not worth it, and then FedEx hires some more human bodies, then more quit, and then they hire more human bodies and more quit. It's sick. There positions and jobs that actually need people to do productive things and treat workers well, but these companies don't have an opportunity to get these workers bc FedEx sucks them up and then spits them out. I hope this company fails. I hope they go under. Management Sucks. They're an archaic company with archaic practices, they don't have a modern benefits system, they don't have a modern employee management system. They suck. Bad company.

Continue reading

"They Say Safety is First...But...."

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Clinton, PA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FedEx Ground part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy my work. Most of my coworkers are friendly and hard-working. They have a good work ethic and will help you out if you are a hard worker too. Many have been here a long time. The company will provide Gatorade on hot, busy days. They will occassionally provide lunch, or snacks. Most of those in lower management positions are friendly and helpful. Managenent gets to know each and everyone of the employees.

Cons

As with many places, there are slackers. Nothing is done about those who don't pull their weight. There are some managers who are lazy and can be seen doing nothing or on their cell phones or talking to other employees. This certainly doesn't set a good example, especially at times when they ask you to stay late. They preach about safety yet when it is busy, all safety precautions are abandoned. It is obvious that it is more important to process as many packages with no regard to employee safety when it is busy. It is very hot in the warehouse in the summer months. The pay is not adequete for the work you are doing. Those who work hard and do a good job should be rewarded, but instead they are taken advantage of.

Continue reading
  6. "Package Handler Midland, TX"

5.0
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Midland, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FedEx Ground full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really great team to work with! I absolutely love my job and everyone that I work with. If your looking for a fast paced job this is definitely your go to job with amazing benefits and a really good HR team!

Cons

The pay could be better for starting out compared to other facilities, they only allow you to get 40 hours and no more than that.

7. COVID-19

"Hard work, rough schedule, decent pay, no ot"

Former Employee - Package Handler in Montgomery, NY

I worked at FedEx Ground part-time for less than a year

Pros

Managers really try. You stretch before shift. Good people there.

Cons

They hire people that just don't cut it. If your too good at your job, you will be asked to perform.

Continue reading
  8. "Great people, long hours"

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Olathe, KS

I worked at FedEx Ground part-time

Pros

People are nice, company treats its employees well. Dedicated, hard working employees.

Cons

Was expected to work on random weekends throughout the year when it was needed. I would work 7 days in a row sometimes, especially during Peak Season.

9. "Horrible"

1.0
    Former Employee - Part-time Package Handler in Stockton, CA

I worked at FedEx Ground part-time

Pros

Pay Rate is great, OT is great you can work as many shifts you want

Cons

Unprofessional management, give lunch after 1 hour of working . Never notify workers of sudden start time changes . Warehouse is very dirty, smashed boxes everywhere. Managers play favortism, work in unsafe areas. If low on workers there will be 1 person per trailer and tell you hurry up lets go . Management doesn't help but told they help. Management & and the video security room you can hear them making fun of certain people. Management will also flirt and hug women and stand infront of trailers that women they like work in. Management will tell you one thing and then switch up and tell you different and they all protect eachother. Its high-school literally super unsanitary and dirty theres days where they wont provide hand sanitizer or sanitizer wipes . They gave us lens cleaning wipes to use as sanitary wipes for the workers . People walk in and out during there shift and come back right before their shifts end to clock out . No one cares which leave thkse who stayed left with more work . Management will leave their area to chill in another location

10. "Dehumanizing workplace that treats you like a slave"

2.0
    Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Lackawanna, NY

I worked at FedEx Ground part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's great if you like working overnight and the job is simple: scan the package and send it to the truck it's meant to be on.

Cons

They treat you as fungible, you have quotas to fulfill, some days there weren't enough people working the van lines, you get penalized for not scanning packages fast enough, you are discouraged from taking bathroom breaks... my first night working there I damn got crushed because another employee working with me caused an avalanche of packages to fall from the truck and I injured my thumb. My manager did nothing when I alerted him of the incident. Nothing ever came of it... no reports were filed. The "benefits" for part-timers are a joke. They basically just give you acess to a whole bunch of discounted services en lieu of health insurance or child care stipends (for example they will pay a certain percentage of your phone bill but only certain Carriers like Verizon or T-mobile).

Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,393 Reviews