FinancialForce Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 19 Dec 2019

3.8
FinancialForce Chief Executive Officer and President  Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen
Pros
  • "FinancialForce has new exec leadership that has the company focused on a well thought out strategy and is executing well(in 37 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families)(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains as a company as we scale to the next level(in 31 reviews)

• "FinancialForce would rather keep the position open than hire the wrong person(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great company with typical growing pains"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Salary Unmatched work-life balance Great Office Great Team Mates - really committed intelligent people Solid Tech being on the SF platform Local leaderships doing a great job

Cons

Can feel a touch directionless at a global level - this has more to do with the distance issue than the actual companies direction. You really need to dig in here and get it done - those expecting an enterprise support model around them will feel lacking. We're a growing organisation that's still finding its feet regionally.

Advice to Management

Keep up the approach and direction - seems to be working well.

FinancialForce2019-12-19
  2. "Great people, and great environment to work in"

Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

The people you work with here are all great. Everyone is willing to help out, and we are truly one team with one vision. I have never worked in an environment before quite like it, and it is amazing. As a consultant you need some room to fail and not feel like it will be the end. The culture they have put together here makes you feel safe to take risks and try new things. If it doesn't work out you can find comfort in the fact that you tried, and that management will have your back.

Cons

Working hours are long sometimes, but that comes with any consulting job. We have to work around customers schedules to get billable hours. Just comes with the title.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I am really loving the community we are building here internally.

FinancialForce2019-12-11
  3. "Solid leadership & sound strategy makes for success in the cloud"

Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for less than a year

Pros

FinancialForce has new exec leadership that has the company focused on a well thought out strategy and is executing well. The product portfolio in on track, and relationship with Salesforce provides immense opportunity to drive success.

Cons

The company is limited by the number of resources and amount of time in the day - the opportunity is huge.

Advice to Management

Keep on track.

FinancialForce2019-12-11
  4. "great place to work, lots of fun"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

flexible working hours, free food, good people

Cons

so far I would say there isn't any

FinancialForce2019-12-04

"Great employer"

Current Employee - Field Enablement in Bedford, England

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Highly collaborative culture. Great work/life balance. Good comp and perks. Exciting future.

Cons

We have some growing pains but nothing that cannot be addressed.

Advice to Management

Stay true to our values.

FinancialForce2019-11-05
  6. "Good benefits/ poor communication"

Former Employee - A/R

I worked at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Great benefits and work space

Cons

Lack of internal communication, doubtful financial stability

FinancialForce2019-11-16
  7. "A bit of a 'hidden gem'"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Harrogate, England

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people with a strong team work ethic. Nobody is left to struggle and everyone helps out. Genuinely some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. Real commitment to Agile development. Development and R&D have a lot of freedom to experiment, own the solutions and engage in creative problem solving.

Cons

None really. Lots of 'good' problems given how quickly the business is growing with the speed and pace of change. If you are the kind of person who wants to come to work engaged and wanting to feel challenged you will love it!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

FinancialForce2019-11-01

"Work smarter, not harder"

Former Employee - Senior User Experience Designer

I worked at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company events, 401k, some really smart and nice people work here

Cons

A lot of busy work in the R&D organization - new product creation process starts with someone high up requesting a demo for some company event which then has to be immediately productized for the next release (there are 2-4 releases in a year depending on the product you're working on) in a rush without the feature crew properly understanding why they are working on something; what user problem they are trying to solve and if the demoed solution actually is the best solution to the problem at hand. There's a lot of UI debt converting old product layouts to the new Salesforce Lightning UI using their UI components so not a lot of space for creativity there either. Communication within and across departments could be better.

Advice to Management

Make sure each feature crew knows what customer problem they are solving. Start by hiring more product managers and/or stop then from attriting so that the FCs can focus on design & development instead of gathering and managing/negotiating requirements. Alternatively, cram less content into each release so that the FC has sufficient resources to do discovery before delivery for each new feature/epic. Make sure each people manager knows how to manage, lead and motivate people. Make sure everyone's individual performance goals are measurable and somehow tied to the company's goals; give them something to strive for. Make sure that by every new feature introduction or a UX/UI change you're actually making the product and its user experience better instead of changing it "just because" (= introduce a customer/user satisfaction tracker program).

FinancialForce2019-11-13

"EXCELLENT COMPANY!! DON'T LET THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS FOOL YOU!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is outstanding and the commission structure is even better!! Benefits are excellent and they even offer a 401k, which most pre-ipo companies don't! Work flexibility/remote work is awesome. They trust their employees. Relaxed work environment where you're not micromanaged whatsoever! Training, guidance, and leadership are phenomenal. The culture is outstanding. The CEO goes on sales calls with Account Executives. I've spoken with him a number of times. There is not one person at this company that isn't approachable!! Don't let the bad reviews fool you. There's always bitter people in this world!

Cons

Don't get to see my team in person often. Other than that, it's great here!!

FinancialForce2019-10-09

"Company needs to regain its footing"

Former Employee - Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at FinancialForce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PSA and FMS products are solid. Recent refocus on correct market for each product is a good path forward There are some really great people working here. Reasonable work/life balance. Good benefits.

Cons

Attrition is really high. A lot of critical knowledge is leaving the company, and there is not enough being done to try to get good people to stay. It is hard to get things done when you don't know who is going to be the next to leave. There are some good people in management. Unfortunately there are a lot of middle managers without the skill set to manage effectively. There are managers in my former team that spread gossip and would tell me negative things about other employees. Left me wondering what they are saying about me. Also several of them take any negative feedback about the company or processes very personally. Makes it feel impossible to give feedback about anything unless it's "This is the greatest!"

Advice to Management

Management training would go a long way to improve things. You need to focus on attrition and find ways to make people want to stay. This is an opportunity to rebuild a strong team. Take advantage of this opportunity by not making the same mistakes.

FinancialForce2019-10-18