FinancialForce "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

FinancialForce Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Mar 24, 2019

Found 230 reviews

3.5
FinancialForce CEO Tod Nielsen
Tod Nielsen
Pros
  • "FinancialForce offers best in class solutions and amazing work / life balance(in 35 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families)(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some growing pains, but all being addressed(in 29 reviews)

• "Salesforce: it can be restrictive, prescriptive and generally frustrating to work on(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Intentions are right and the leadership team is doing everything to launch this rocketship. Everyone in Sales celebrates your success and are willing to help. Sales enablement is doing everything to help be more efficient and are constantly introducing new tools. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Growing pains. It takes forever to find simple answers which leads to frustration.

Advice to Management

This is a great company with a great potential, the formula WAS right with the right direction but something has changed...its time to figure out what and fix it.

FinancialForce2019-03-07

"To be frank"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time

Pros

Workspace: a took a while but we now have a great workspace, actually designed to help us collaborate a be productive. People: nothing novel, I guess, but this is my review... I work with some wonderful people, many of whom I consider good friends. In general I feel the rapport and support for each other is pretty good. Senior management: they are listening to feedback and, to varying degrees, actioning and improving...

Cons

Salesforce: it can be restrictive, prescriptive and generally frustrating to work on. Although, I do recognise the benefits and it is improving. Communication: disjointed and lacking at times, plus the Career progression: we're getting there but has been a painful journey to get to the point of structure and visibility. Line managers: simply changing a person's title does not make them a good line manager!

FinancialForce2019-01-31
  3. "On the up!"

Current Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great Benefits - Work / Life Balance - Respectful and approachable Exec Staff and impressive Sales leaders! - Positive, fun, energy around the office

Cons

- Standard growing pains, but we seem to be taking action on overcoming recently

Advice to Management

- invest in more culture builders

FinancialForce2019-02-05
  4. "A great place to work with inspiring management"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Remote, OR

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people The customers Flexibility Work/Life Balance (They understand people have families) Motivated management who strive to stand by their values

Cons

Sometimes you have to work to fit in with the US hours, but the company recognises that fact and gives flexibility If you work remotely you dont get to enjoy the free snacks (probably good for the waistline)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I think you are doing a great job. Its not easy when the Management Team are 8 hours time difference away, but you are approachable and open to ideas and recommendations.

FinancialForce2018-11-30

"Take the bad with the good"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty Good culture -Most of the time I think the company cares about their employees -Fun Industry -Decent Pay -Good healthcare (Free dental and vision is a huge plus) -Healthy work life balance -Decent PTO package (17 Days)

Cons

After working here about a year, from what I've seen, it seems like the best way to get promoted is to get another job offer... Otherwise they just want to keep you in the position you're good at until you leave for a better opportunity. While the pay is relatively competitive the retirement matching plans are below industry average. They only match up to 50% of your 1st 4% to 401k, so essentially 2% which is considerably...

Advice to Management

-Promote more from within vs seeking "Big shots" from our competitors - Up 401k contributions, 2% is very low. I promise your employees care more about this than a $75 wellness benefit -Standardize benefits across all offices. It seems like a slap in the face to get 5 sick days while California gets 8. -Again, promote from within

FinancialForce2018-10-30

FinancialForce Response

October 30, 2018SVP HR

I thought I would take a moment to respond to this posting. We do appreciate the feedback - we regularly promote internally over 10% of our workforce on an annual basis . We are committed to developing our employees and ask our Managers to to meet quarterly with our employees ...

"Disrupting the market"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong leadership, super smart (and fun) co-workers, great work / life balance. The company and product vision combined with the openness of executives creates a real ability to make an impact.

Cons

Transitioning to a more mature growth company has its' challenges; change is never easy. People should cease negativity and leverage the numerous internal options to provide positive recommendations for impacting a successful journey.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in our people, improve processes, products and drive towards the customer for life model; we are well positioned for success.

FinancialForce2018-10-16

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than a year

Pros

I wanted to update my previous positive review to another positive review now that the honeymoon phase is over and being with FinancialForce over a year. Growing Pains, but the current Leadership Team is impressive and keeps me believing in what we are as a company working towards. Patches are in abundance, Quarterly Bonus a huge plus, protected accounts. There is an opportunity to make $$ with a great work life balance.

Cons

Need more internal career pathing/development. All outside hires.

Advice to Management

Transparency, Trust, and Culture

FinancialForce2018-09-12

"Amazing culture and work life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for less than a year

Pros

FinancialForce offers best in class solutions and amazing work / life balance. Being a part of the Salesforce ecosystem, with a well known brand, prospects are very open and keen on taking meetings and having conversations. The pay is great, significantly above market average for similar type roles in Chicago. Variable compensation is very real, unlike other sales roles at companies that sell you on OTE and don't deliver....

Cons

There is some misalignment between marketing, sales operations, and the business development organization. There are too many restrictions on accessing certain reports and functionalities within CRM. Typical growing pains of a startup moving into a more mature phase.

Advice to Management

Don't overdue the transition to a mid-market business by putting in too many burdensome policy's and procedures within sales operations. The only way to ensure data integrity is to hold every employee accountable for their actions. That means opening up CRM privileges, rather than restricting.

FinancialForce2018-08-16

"Lost its soul"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance and flexibility. Compensation is fair

Cons

New ceo and new execs No respect for long service employees Major Lack of communication Products are not selling Feels like execs are just there to cash out and beef up resumes Lacking clear processes Private equity funding model

Advice to Management

It’s become obvious you are setting yourselves up for a big payout exit, and the rest of the employees are not important. You have taken a great company full of potential and turned it into an embarrassment and a toxic work environment.

FinancialForce2018-08-05

"Awesome culture and people!"

I have been working at FinancialForce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intelligent passionate coworkers and great work life balance. Culture is very important.

Cons

Still start up feel where a lot of people work late from home but obviously not a requirement.

FinancialForce2018-03-13