First Command Financial Services Reviews

Found 297 of over 333 reviews

4.1
First Command Financial Services CEO Mark Steffe
Mark Steffe
Pros
  • "As a long-time client of First Command, I was honored to have the opportunity to join the(in 23 reviews)

• "As a long-time client of First Command, I was honored to have the opportunity to join the First Command family on our Home Office team(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If you don't come from a military background you may struggle a little but you will still be able to make it(in 24 reviews)

• "Had to call my friends and family to push whole life insurance(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Exceptional People & Exceptional Place

Oct 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Trustworthy leadership - Supportive teammates - Employees are appreciated for a job well done - Employees and their families are a priority

Cons

No downsides working for First Command! It's a great place to serve!!

VP, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and the benefits of a career with First Command. We seek to attract and retain talented people by providing employees with opportunities to enhance their professional knowledge and develop leadership skills. We are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that inspires our employees and makes them feel appreciated and part of the First Command family. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

It's okay to join

Aug 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Happy environment by joining this organisation

Cons

Low salary provided by organisation

Marketing Campaign Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. First Command is a company committed to attracting and retaining talented people by providing opportunities for professional growth as well as an attractive compensation package. We offer competitive pay determined by third-party studies of employers in our market area, which is supplemented with a generous benefits package and a wide variety of creative amenities for our employees. In addition, as an employee-owned company, First Command offers an Employee Stock Ownership Program to qualified employees. This valuable retirement benefit is funded entirely by company contributions. At First Command, we are committed to regularly listening to employee feedback. This commitment has resulted in being named one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas by Texas Monthly, the Texas Association of Business, Texas Society for Human Resource Management and Best Companies Group. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences as a First Command employee.

3. 5.0

Great Company/Great Benefits

Aug 15, 2022 - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Leadership with a clear vision. Benefits are amazing. Promotes from within. Many employees have been here for years. Employee owned. Hybrid work environment.

Cons

Not many cons. Maybe the pay could be better.

4. 5.0

Great team, great mission

Aug 12, 2022 - Quality Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Development, teamwork, client focused, employee focused, mission focused.

Cons

None, I have the opportunity to go to work every day with a great team and help military families.

Continue reading
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company serving a great market

Aug 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I get an high level of fulfillment serving those who have served our country. They are amazing to work with. And the ESOP retirement contribution is unbelievable. Work life balance for my role is really nice. I put my family first and the company is very supportive.

Cons

Initial salary is only average when you don't consider the retirement benefits.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Dream Career

Aug 12, 2022 - District Manager in Savannah, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Family oriented and values based. Everyone is vested in your success and makes you feel like part of a family. Industry leading training at all stages in your career. No matter if you are in year 1 or year 30 there are ongoing training opportunities to allow you to continue to grow in your profession. -Fulfilling Mission. There is not one aspect of life that finances does not touch. As such, we get to make an impact lives on the daily basis that will carry through generations,

Cons

-It takes about 3 - 5 months to complete licensing which is unpaid.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Aug 5, 2022 - Advisor Compensation and Benefits
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture throughout the company.

Cons

Sometimes management isn't the best

VP, Communications

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. At First Command, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that inspires our employees and makes them feel appreciated and a part of the First Command family. Encouraging feedback from our employees is part of that commitment. Employees are invited to share their experiences so we can address any shortcomings and initiate positive change. First Command maintains an open-door policy, and we encourage employees to communicate challenges to their manager. We appreciate you taking time to share your feedback.

8. 5.0

Tough but fulfilling

Aug 5, 2022 - Financial Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to really make a difference. Not only do you work with the high net worth clients (most firms only care about those). But you also get to work and help younger military families. Sometimes it’s getting their tsp squared away, sometimes it’s getting them a debt management plan. You also get to create your schedule. And after a few years of building up, you also can make a great living, while also making a great difference in peoples lives.

Cons

I’m the beginning is tough. There is a lot to learn. You don’t have a client base built yet. And you have to really engage the community and get out there. Also, hours can be off in the beginning as you have to meet clients when they can. And sometimes that might be after they get off work after 5. After the first couple of years that goes away or calms down.

VP, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience as a First Command Financial Advisor. The mission of the company is incredibly important to our Advisors. They tell us that one of the most compelling elements of this career is the opportunity to serve military personnel and their families in a meaningful way. Our Advisors go through an extensive training program designed to equip them to succeed as independent contractors. Advisors learn how to build and grow their own business, serve new clients and provide quality, face-to-face financial coaching. Through this hard work and dedication, they learn how to coach our clients to become financially disciplined and confident in their pursuit of financial security. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture and friendly coworkers

Jul 31, 2022 - Trader in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and friendly coworkers

Cons

I did not experience any negatives

VP, Communications

Date: July 31, 2022 Platform: Glassdoor Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. At First Command, we maintain our strong culture and mission by attracting and retaining talented people. We are committed to creating and sustaining a supportive culture that inspires our employees and makes them feel appreciated and part of the First Command family. Encouraging feedback from our employees is part of that commitment, so thank you for sharing your experience.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best job I’ve ever had!

Aug 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

schedule flexibility, making up hours is easier than other similar jobs, paid vacation, allows staff to work remotely if/when needed, bonuses, growth opportunity, teamwork culture, the admin staff works together to help each other at all times. I feel appreciated and valued by my superiors and peers.

Cons

I don’t think there are cons, but these are areas of improvement instead: Lower than average hourly wages, paid monthly instead of biweekly, and no medical or dental insurance; but again, these were not dealbreakers for me, but may be for others.

Continue reading

VP, Communications

Thank you for sharing some of the benefits of working at First Command, including scheduling flexibility, a strong culture and supportive teams. At First Command, we are committed to providing our employees and Advisors with extensive training and opportunities for professional growth. Employees in our Home Office in Fort Worth, Texas, enjoy an attractive compensation package. Local Advisors set the pay and benefits for their office managers and other support staff professionals in our local offices. In all cases the goal is to attract the best people and reward them for committed service. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 297 Reviews

First Command Financial Services Reviews FAQs

First Command Financial Services has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 333 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at First Command Financial Services to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, First Command Financial Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at First Command Financial Services. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

78% of First Command Financial Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated First Command Financial Services 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at First Command Financial Services to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with First Command Financial Services Job Seekers