Cover image for Fitbit

Fitbit

Is this your company?

Fitbit

Add a Review

Fitbit Employee Reviews about "fitbit"

Updated 13 Aug 2021

Found 53 of over 451 reviews

4.1
Fitbit CEO James Park
James Park
Pros
  • "Values employees, very work life balance oriented(in 54 reviews)

• "As someone who interviewed and started during the pandemic, thus in a 100% work-from-home situation, this is a major plus from my point of view(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can be a bit of a challenge(in 12 reviews)

• "Middle management is not always great(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fitbit"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0

Good starter gig

13 Aug 2021 - Technical Support Agent in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule, free Fitbit products every year, great work-life balance, work from home stipend, coworkers are passionate about Fitbit' mission

Cons

Poor management, cannot action initiatives, no career growth, low recognition for work/efforts, low bonuses, low incentives to do quality work

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Exciting, supportive company

25 Jun 2021 - Health and Wellness Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly loved working for Fitbit. The teams I worked with were always open to new ideas, supportive, and interested in getting to know my values.

Cons

Recently acquired by Google, a lot of changes happening.

3. Join the Fitbit team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fitbit is an employer that encourages employee performance and puts special focus on employee wellbeing

14 Oct 2020 - Test Lead in Bucharest, Bucuresti
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly skilled and helpful colleagues in the teams from all sites. As someone who interviewed and started during the pandemic, thus in a 100% work-from-home situation, this is a major plus from my point of view. Furthermore, employee wellbeing is a major agenda point for Fitbit top management. Among other benefits such as getting time-off for COVID-19 related problems, we are offered and encouraged to participate in a various number of wellbeing related webinars and get real and meaningful support from the People Team (HR as it's called in other companies).

Cons

Only one comes to mind to be honest: cross team projects means that sometimes one has to start very early or end late in the day, so for someone who needs to adhere to a strict schedule this might be problematic. That being said, the work schedule is flexible so if I need to stay late to attend a meeting then I can also start work later in that day.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture. Cool product features in pipeline.

31 Jul 2020 - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great development environment with all sorts of infrastructure frameworks and teams support. Managers are super supportive - easy to switch teams for working on the projects you are interested. Colleagues are friendly and helpful. I've been enjoying working at Fitbit so far. The roadmap of the future deliveries is awesome.

Cons

No free lunch provided. But do have happy hours every Friday with decent food.

Fitbit Response

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're so happy to hear that our managers are supportive and you enjoy working with your colleagues! We look forward to when we can host our Friday Happy Hours again! Thanks again and we appreciate everything you do for us!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The place to be in these hard times

3 Aug 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Over the past few months, we have all experienced a change in how we work, where we work from and how we manage our personal lives, all while trying to deliver the same. I appreciate that Fitbit made me feel safe and showed a real interest in offering what I need to succeed in this new environment of WFH. Some examples would be the reimbursement we get for internet services, the budget for purchasing ergonomic furniture, etc. 2. You get to work with really smart and passionate people

Cons

The functions outside engineering don't have too many career opportunities, especially for lateral moves.

People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. While we have things to work on, we're glad you've sensed the quick action we took to make employees feel safe and comfortable during these tough times. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

7. 5.0

Senior Software Engineer

19 Mar 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is great! Everyone is so nice. The salary is higher then the average level. The work-life balance is brilliant!

Cons

Since Fitbit is in the progress of acquisition with Google, there might be some uncertain sceranios around this case.

People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're glad you've enjoyed the work life balance and strong camaraderie we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

You won't find better coworkers or more flexibility anywhere else!

31 Jan 2020 - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Fitbit for over three years and enjoy working everyday because I love my coworkers! I started as an entry level HR contractor and have been able to move up and explore my career interests overtime. My favorite part about Fitbit is everyone assumes positive intent. The humility and brilliance of my coworkers is unparalleled. I had a lot of preconceived notions about tech prior to joining Fitbit but have been continuously pleasantly surprised that there is no ego here. I am very proud and happy to work for Fitbit.

Cons

The snacks don't rotate as much as I want them to but even the fact that we have access to free snacks and drinks is so amazing!!

People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're glad you have had such a great experience and are appreciating the free snacks and drinks!

9. 4.0

My adventure at Fitbit

14 Jan 2020 - Software Test Engineer in Bucharest, Bucuresti
      Business Outlook

Pros

First thing I enjoy at Fitbit is the collective. The people here are the best of the best, not only professional but also at a human level, making the perfect atmosphere at the workplace. Another pro is the fact that you have all the support needed to progress and learn new interesting technologies on the latest equipment. Happy Friday is another good thing here and also the treats you get daily at the office. Another thing is the flexible program and the extra 4 days of vacation added per year and also a free day on your birthday (or in the specific month). A huge pro for me is the career opportunities that i had since i joined Fitbit. Overall, Fitbit is a really great place to work.

Cons

There is no such thing as a perfect workplace. There are some small issues with communication between different teams from my own view. Sometimes it feels that we lack behind our competition with innovation.

People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. While we have things to work on, we're glad you enjoy the atmosphere and the learning opportunities. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A very good environment to work in

13 Nov 2019 - Lead Android Software Engineer in Bucharest, Bucuresti
      Business Outlook

Pros

The first best thing about Fitbit is the people that are behind and the way they interact in teams and cross-team. They are all open minded and willing to help you at any time. Also, Fitbit is a great place to learn lots of things and even make your ideas part of the product (there are Hackbits and also a place where you can state your idea). Last, but not least, the benefits are good and the Bucharest office is well located

Cons

There are times where you have to take meetings at later hours to sync with teams in the US, but this is very flexible: you can take them from home and come a bit later the next day

11. 5.0

Great experience

18 Sep 2019 - Ios Software Engineer in Bucharest, Bucuresti
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people huge project, the perfect environment if you want to grow not only as a developer you get your code reviewed career path support quality time with fitbit team

Cons

having a huge project is also a downside sometimes

2 people found this review helpful