Ford Credit "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Ford Credit Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 10 Sep 2018

3.6
Ford Credit chairman and chief executive officer Joy Falotico (no image)
Joy Falotico
Pros
  • "Work Life balance is not bad, dependent on position(in 34 reviews)

• "great environment- good benefits - 4 weeks of vacation paid after the probation period(in 34 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"SOOOOOOO GLAD TO LEAVE!"

Current Employee - Discounter in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Ford Credit full-time for more than a year

Pros

For anyone without a complete college degree the pay is decent and there are full benefits.

Cons

Ford refused to move me, so I moved myself ... into a better paying position with another company. Upon hiring they tell they that there is SO much movement and opportunity, that is ultimately a lie. Unless you’re there for 10+ years or you are a part of their college program don’t expect to get anywhere anytime soon. I asked for almost a year to be moved to another department to further my knowledge. Come to find out, the supervisor never even mentioned this to higher management. Not sure why, but it hindered my career opportunity with the company - leading me to seek other employment. The managers don’t care about anything, including training new managers to be decent human beings. I’m not sure who taught them that it’s okay to treat people the way that they do. Management is void of all human emotion. They’re like robots reading off of procedure. There are managers who have family members working at FMCC and when they are unhappy with someone else, they have gone home and complained to that family member. The next day that family member came to work and made inappropriate comments about the coworker. The same manager also started treated their employees like dirt because of a personal vendetta. Anytime issues are taken to higher management they’re brushed under the rug and forgotten about. You would think that the turnover rate would be a red flag for upper management but again, they don’t care. There is someone who pretended to have allergies in order to get out of work. That employee was assigned to FMLA, but when someone else truly needed FMLA they were denied. Another employee was undergoing chemo treatment and used all of her vacation time to do so. They didn’t grant her any additional time off and then stripped her of her bonus money because she “used all of her time off”. I could honestly write a book about the issues within this business center but to put it simply - stay far, far away.

Advice to Management

Do better. In every aspect, do better.

Ford Credit2018-09-10

"Customer Service Loss Prevention"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Ford Credit full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is laid back. The pay is good for a call center. The vacation and benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Micromanagement and constantly talking on the phones. You're expected to meet and/or exceed unrealistic metric goals. Your career really is not in your hands. Upper management decides who gets promoted.

Ford Credit2017-05-18
  3. "Good company for a career."

Current Employee - Dealer Services Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ford Credit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training for current position. Many chances to rotate through different departments and learn multiple sides of the car business.

Cons

Compensation is not competitive with the market. There is a large disconnect between upper management and employees and there is very little change in management.

Ford Credit2016-03-11
  4. "Customer Service rep"

Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE

I worked at Ford Credit for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, co-workers, catering for lunch, learn about their products more.

Cons

Lied about starting pay, horrible upper management, never had a good work/life balance, HR lady was rude. Once I left the company, you get continuous mail with a large balance stating you work Ford Motor Company. Do not recommend!

Advice to Management

Learn to work as a team!

Ford Credit2015-09-15

"Company that has more cons then Pros"

in Greenville, SC

I worked at Ford Credit

Pros

While I was there the pay was decent, for collections the average pay was about 35k a year but included bonus and raises, as well as good benefits.

Cons

There was serious micromanaging going on here you couldn't even breath without someone asking what you were doing. Always layoff's and rumors of layoffs but not much of a rumor because I was laid off (I did receive a small severance package). If you had a good/cool supervisor then your working there was awesome but it never last long because there was always changes so you would soon end up with a miserable supervisor that was stressed out and unhappy and if they are stressed out then it would surely trickle down to the rest of us. Also there was a lot of favoritism and a lot of infidelity Team leads sleeping with other Team Leads who were both married and CSR sleeping with TL and upper management it was a mess.

Advice to Management

Stop Micro Managing

Ford Credit2015-08-01

"Great place overall!"

I have been working at Ford Credit

Pros

My coworkers are the best

Cons

Upper management can be a pain

Ford Credit2015-07-07
  7. "Consumer Analyst Intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Credit for less than a year

Pros

-Decent pay -Well known company -Discount on cars - Everyone has worked there for a long time. Lots of people retiring. So lots of openings in upper management.

Cons

Archaic style of management Out of touch with the millennial generation Still believe that people are most productive at their desk Buildings are run down Upper management are very resistant to change.

Advice to Management

Realize that younger people are your future and build on attracting them. Constantly look for ways to create a better environment.

Ford Credit2015-07-02
  8. "Great company, but going through a lot of changes quickly during financial downturns."

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ford Credit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team work was a great plus. People working together were openly willing to help each other to process funding deals. Nice folks.

Cons

Upper management was in a situation which put too much pressure on sales to meet high quotas within extreme rate driven economic conditions.

Advice to Management

Management performed to their optimum levels given what they were up against in terms of competitive rate structures.

Ford Credit2014-10-17

"Very poor place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ford Credit full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This was a great place to work at one time but it has become a cut throat company that is moving all servicing to India. The reason they were able to cut all those US jobs is because they moved them to India.

Cons

Salaries are below standard, the company cannot retain any new talent, benefits costs are climbing rapidly and the company is passing them on to the employees, no promotions, very stale upper management and directors, Tampa location is poorly management with no cross department development opportunities. Upper management doesn't care about the employees, only reducing costs. Company making Billions and the employees get none of it.

Advice to Management

When the internal survey says 82% of your current staff would NOT recommend this as a place to work - you have a PROBLEM.

Ford Credit2014-09-08
  10. "Rigid structure. Good job security."

Former Employee - High Risk Account Collections in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ford Credit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid job security unless the auto industry is tanking. Good benefits.

Cons

Poor communication from upper management. Difficulty moving up in the ranks unless you're part of the inside group.

Advice to Management

Better communication. Listen to your front line workers more.

Ford Credit2014-03-01